Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 03-25-2009, 06:50 PM   #26
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakita in the House! View Post
and no black people ain't never enslaved no one.
That is where you are very much wrong, most of the slaves that were shipped over to the United States were originaly enslaved by tribal warlords, and traded for guns to kill and enslave more Africans. I've been to America's Black Holocaust Museum over here in Milwaukee, which was founded by America's last living survivor of a Lynching
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America...locaust_Museum

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:50 PM   #27
Pyre

I was referring to the initial enslavement in America, not when it ended. Fuck, America actually has an amazing track record compared to other countries when it comes to the birth and death of enslavement in any given country or continent, Africa included. Africa just didn't have to ship their supply over in sardine cans like we did.

P.S. Tu negro. ESPAÑOL

And for some French flavor: Tu es noire, aussi.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:53 PM   #28
Pyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus View Post
That is where you are very much wrong, most of the slaves that were shipped over to the United States were originaly enslaved by tribal warlords. I've been to America's Black Holocaust Museum over here in Milwaukee, which was founded by America's last living survivor of a Lynching
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America...locaust_Museum
I am sure she/he knows this. I very much suspect this person is an average white citizen just trying to stir up emotions on this site. If so, I commend them, because I think they do a really good job and it really amuses me. If not, then holy crap this person is pitiful.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Old 03-25-2009, 06:59 PM   #29
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyre View Post
I am sure she/he knows this. I very much suspect this person is an average white citizen just trying to stir up emotions on this site. If so, I commend them, because I think they do a really good job and it really amuses me. If not, then holy crap this person is pitiful.
Either way I would of posted it, I deal with peoples' posts on an individual basis. Even if the person who posted the post knew such things, not everyone does. It's better to be prepared for lack of knowledge, than to assume everyone knows everything.*gives cookie*

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 03-25-2009, 07:04 PM   #30
Pyre

Also, her photobucket account name is Hitomii_Kuromi. That doesn't sound like an account someone with the persona of Lakita would use.

Old 03-25-2009, 07:14 PM   #31
Lakita in the House!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyre View Post
Also, her photobucket account name is Hitomii_Kuromi. That doesn't sound like an account someone with the persona of Lakita would use.
because thats Keisha's account. and how motherfucking dare you call me white!!! thats even worse than calling me a negro. i am a big beautiful BLACK woman, and I will not take yo racial accusasions!!1
Lakita in the House! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:21 PM   #32
Corpsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyre
Nope. What's it about?
It's about a Black Slave that happened to be a King's son. It was written by Aphra Benn and was one of the first famous books to be written by a women.

In short, it's a Pre-Historic Mills & Boon where a Black King catches his son loving one of his concubines. Both of them end up becoming slaves and find each other in a foreign land (India, I think). Oroonoko leads an uprising and gets defeated. Kills his wife to prevent her from being ***** and then gets killed himself.

Worth a read for a laugh at how it's written and how Aphra Benn tries to make it sound legit with a few morals about slavery being thrown in.

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:40 PM   #33
Pyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakita in the House! View Post
because thats Keisha's account. and how motherfucking dare you call me white!!! thats even worse than calling me a negro. i am a big beautiful BLACK woman, and I will not take yo racial accusasions!!1
And you just so happened to know the password to it?

Old 03-25-2009, 09:25 PM   #34
Dead Raven

It would make me materially happy for a while.
Dead Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:34 PM   #35
Renatus

Overall though from what I can imagine and from what I hear, Lottery winners don't always live happy lives. Think about it, all these people, charities, family, hitting you up for money, or simply being in need of money(especialy in this economy), not to mention if they contributed to your life.

Then there is the matter of managing that money, of making sure you don't spend too much, that money wont last forever if not properly managed.

Then there are all the people looking to get a chunk of the change through whatever means necessery. Rich and powerful people are far more likely to be held for ransom than poor people.

If you're not already in a relationship and you want one you have to deal with finding somone who doesn't want you for your money. If you're already in one it could put a strain on your relationship

There are the legal issues involved, which is why you should get a lawyer before you pick up your prize.

If you have children or want them there is the issue of raising your children without them growing up spoiled, without them resenting you for not giving them what they want.

I've actualy already thought through everything involved with winning the lottery, and have come up with a suitable solution which I shall not reveal as secrecy is key to it. Trust me there is alot of stuff to think about.

Old 03-26-2009, 09:47 PM   #36
girasol

I would be VERY happy.

However, I would change my name and keep it to myself if possible. People get death threats for being lucky like that. Family would know that I didn't just suddenly get a pay rise that allowed me to travel and own property instead of renting.
So there would be complications.
girasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 11:48 AM   #37
mirandaluna

I don't think it would make everything all sparkle-shiny for me, but it would certainly help me pay my bills.
mirandaluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 12:01 PM   #38
Pineapple_Juice

Oh God it'd make my life so perfect. I'd move back out of my parents' house and hire a personal trainer and 24-hour on-call chefs and makeup artists. I'd buy a new car that doesn't die, and I'd pay off all my bank debt along with all of my unpaid tickets. I'd set aside a bit for college so I never have to worry about where the money for my next class is going. I'd throw out all of my crappy old ripped clothes and buy new fabulous stuff and then have it tailored to fit me perfectly. I'd donate to a few places, make sure my family was set for life, maybe start up a really good homeless shelter around my house with programs to get them into jobs and off booze and drugs and such.

I'd buy a bunch of movies and all the CD's I've illegally downloaded through the years, too. Then I'd pay for therapy.
I figure my life is pretty near perfect as it is, the only thing left to fix is the stupid, aesthetic, fun shit.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:15 PM   #39
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus View Post
Overall though from what I can imagine and from what I hear, Lottery winners don't always live happy lives. Think about it, all these people, charities, family, hitting you up for money, or simply being in need of money(especialy in this economy), not to mention if they contributed to your life.

Then there is the matter of managing that money, of making sure you don't spend too much, that money wont last forever if not properly managed.

Then there are all the people looking to get a chunk of the change through whatever means necessery. Rich and powerful people are far more likely to be held for ransom than poor people.

If you're not already in a relationship and you want one you have to deal with finding somone who doesn't want you for your money. If you're already in one it could put a strain on your relationship

There are the legal issues involved, which is why you should get a lawyer before you pick up your prize.

If you have children or want them there is the issue of raising your children without them growing up spoiled, without them resenting you for not giving them what they want.

I've actualy already thought through everything involved with winning the lottery, and have come up with a suitable solution which I shall not reveal as secrecy is key to it. Trust me there is alot of stuff to think about.

In short this is why you don't run around squealing " I'VE WON THE MOTHERFUCKING LOTTERY!!!! "

Many winners aren't happy because they did just that, and are now hounded by people after money. Many also spend their cash on things they don't really need or can use.Take cars for example. Here in the UK the top speed limit is about 75 mph ( I think , possibly 85 ) so getting a Bugatti or some other insanely expensive car that can do 200mph+, is utterly fucking pointless as you wouldn't be able to drive it at that speed on the roads or even the motorways. There are certain tracks where you can do this, but what a waste of petrol getting there for an hour of speed.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 02:21 AM   #40
Ben Lahnger

Oh hell yes, winning the lottery would make me happy!

I know the facts about most lottery winners. But here's what make the difference for me.

I don't want big expensive cars or jewelry or fancy clothes or extravagant homes.

I would be able to quit work and go to school full time. I would get my degree. And I would have a mighty fine music CD collection!

My tastes really are pretty simple. I could be worth 10 million dollars, and I would still love the taste of a McDonald's quarter pounder with cheese and french fries. No expensive champaign for me, I'll keep drinking my Heineken Light. I really would just use the money to live stress free ... with it sitting in the bank so I wouldn't have to worry about whether the bills would get paid ... ever.

Oh, and I suppose there would be the identity change to dodge all those crazy leaches that come out of the woodwork. But, hey, they got McDonald's everywhere, right?

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote