Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 03-22-2009, 02:48 PM   #1
Qgirl

Have you ever fasted deliberately?

Have you ever fasted deliberately? If so, how did it make you feel and did you do it for religious reasons, diet reasons, a dare, etc.?
Qgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 04:59 PM   #2
Opteron_Man

I fast because I am anorexic. I will never feel thin enough, but I know I am in trouble. Very soon, I will get the help I need.
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 06:29 PM   #3
Lady_Alyce

Location: A lovely place where the humidity melts your makeup off.
Yes, I fast delibrately. My humanities teacher convinced me to do it. It's been really neat.
Lady_Alyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 06:50 PM   #4
a morbid curiosity

I fast... whilst I am asleep...
Old 03-22-2009, 06:50 PM   #5
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opteron_Man View Post
I fast because I am anorexic.
You made a thread about how you're not anorexic, you fucking attention whore!

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 07:10 PM   #6
Pyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian View Post
You made a thread about how you're not anorexic, you fucking attention whore!
Or perhaps responses to his thread convinced him otherwise?

Though I do agree about being an attention whore.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:42 PM   #7
Starmoonshine

I have fasted but it was mostly due to the fact that I was so stressed. Actually I was heartbroken but it made me so physically sick that every time I tried to eat I wanted to vomit so I didn't eat for almost 4 days. I was still able to drink stuff okay so I drank some fruit juice. I'm better now but I have a feeling looking at some recent events currently going on that it may happen again soon.
Starmoonshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:07 PM   #8
Pyre

The only times I am able to fast are when I am upset. I feel too sick to fast if I am upset enough, which eventually leads to my body's rejection of any food I eventually eat.

I cannot deliberately fast, though I have considered it numerous times. I have too much of a difficult time forcing myself to NOT eat that extra meal much less any food altogether. I fortunately love vegetables enough to turn my diet around if I start gaining significant weight as a result.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:39 PM   #9
Solumina

I did an apple fast not all that long ago, it was a three day fast where I could only eat apples (I could fix them however I wanted but I couldn't add anything to them) and drink water or apple juice that I had made myself. I felt like my digestive tract was nice and clean afterward but I was pretty sick of apples by the end of it.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:15 AM   #10
Malice In Wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
I did an apple fast not all that long ago, it was a three day fast where I could only eat apples (I could fix them however I wanted but I couldn't add anything to them) and drink water or apple juice that I had made myself. I felt like my digestive tract was nice and clean afterward but I was pretty sick of apples by the end of it.
Wow I kinda wanna do that.
I've heard it's amazing for breaking into a healthier diet.

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:18 AM   #11
Geoluhread

I fast in Ramadan..
That`s it
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:24 PM   #12
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malice In Wonderland View Post
Wow I kinda wanna do that.
I've heard it's amazing for breaking into a healthier diet.
It was actually really easy and when I was done I was a bit tired of apples but I kept wanting to eat things that had that nice, fresh, crisp feeling and I was put off by anything super heavy (save for cheesecake because nothing in the world could ever end my love for cheesecake).

Oh and one more thing: if you do an apple fast make sure to get more than one type of apple (I had gala, granny smith, and golden delicious) that will keep you from getting bored with them.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 03-23-2009, 02:35 PM   #13
JCC

When Christian Bale was losing weight for his role in the Machinist, for over four months he had just a cup of coffee in the morning and an apple in the evening, it's something like 250 calories daily.

Which led to this:

That's dedication.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:55 PM   #14
Malice In Wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
It was actually really easy and when I was done I was a bit tired of apples but I kept wanting to eat things that had that nice, fresh, crisp feeling and I was put off by anything super heavy (save for cheesecake because nothing in the world could ever end my love for cheesecake).

Oh and one more thing: if you do an apple fast make sure to get more than one type of apple (I had gala, granny smith, and golden delicious) that will keep you from getting bored with them.
Ooh.
I may try it.
I have a horrible obsession over Pink Lady apples.
And Granny Smiths.

How long should it last?

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 03:03 PM   #15
Solumina

Mine was a three day cleansing kind of deal, I have heard of people doing it for a week but I think that is a bit much.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 03-23-2009, 04:06 PM   #16
Minyaliel

Yes, I have, several times. I only drank water and fruit juices. The amount of time varied, anything from 1 day to a few days. It´s okay, at least it´s easy on my food budget.
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:07 PM   #17
Tam Li Hua

I tried doing it for religious reasons [only water or fruit juice for the whole day], but I didn't make it the entire day. Recently, I had to fast for 12 hours [no food, no liquids, no nothing], until after my ultra-sound.

It made me feel light-headed and very on-edge. I do -not- like fasting.

Last edited by Tam Li Hua; 03-23-2009 at 07:08 PM. Reason: added something
Tam Li Hua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:03 PM   #18
Saya

I did the Thirty Hour Famine one year, no food at all, just juice and water for thirty hours. I found it hard but I'd do it again. My highschool stopped doing it though because the gym teacher was convinced it would encourage us to become anorexic.

Which is sad because it was probably the only charity work we did that year that went for a good cause, everything else was for things like field trips, uniforms and shit like that.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:17 AM   #19
girasol

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
When Christian Bale was losing weight for his role in the Machinist, for over four months he had just a cup of coffee in the morning and an apple in the evening, it's something like 250 calories daily.

Which led to this:

That's dedication.
also pretty gross.

Does anyone know if someone starting to get weird yellow or light brown marks on their skin is a sign of nutrition or somethign else?

When I haven't eaten it has been because I have been upset or angry or sick. or broke.
girasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 04:10 PM   #20
I_Zik

[quote=JCC;521724]When Christian Bale was losing weight for his role in the Machinist, for over four months he had just a cup of coffee in the morning and an apple in the evening, it's something like 250 calories daily.

I looked like this once. It's like nothing you've ever experienced. It gets to the point where you don't even feel hungry anymore. If it goes too far, you might never come back. I was, at the worst, 90something pounds and 5'10
Bitterly Brutal
Mind you it wasnèt by choice like Bale here.
I_Zik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 04:35 PM   #21
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
I many times get soo focused I actualy forget to eat alot of times.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 04:41 PM   #22
korinna5555

I'm just not a big eater. One meal in the middle of the day is usually enough for me, and apples(!)/bananas/other fruits to snack on.
korinna5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 05:22 PM   #23
CrimsonPythonidae

I used to do the forty hour famine when I was younger. We did it in Girl Guides.
I used to eat hardly anything back when I first started working and had virtually no money left after paying rent. I lived on Vegemite on toast and 2 minute noodles for ages.
CrimsonPythonidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 09:35 AM   #24
zerademark

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post

Which led to this:

That's dedication.
Thats how I look like.
BTW, I eat 4 times per day not including snacks and so. Nothing can help me...
3 It is not "You and me", instead it is "Me and you". At the same time "M" is capitalized.
zerademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:33 AM   #25
CataclysmKitten

I was anorexic for some time. It's hell on earth.
Thank the heavens I recovered. I don't wish anorexia on anyone.
CataclysmKitten is offline   Reply With Quote