Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 12-13-2006, 02:58 AM   #51
om3gag0th666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Ignis
Hmm, what words did I use that I didn't understand. Was the Macbeth reference too much? I wrote the previous post in plain everyday English. You know, like I’m actually talking to you. You however seem to favor specific words which at some point you decided were clever. I know you like them because you use them in almost every post you make. Hmm, "anthropoid ape", "troglodyte", "tete-a-tete", "ad hominem", "idem quod". Have you ever said these words out loud to yourself? I've never met anyone who talks like that who hasn't done so out of humor.

By the way, don't mix languages. Keep Latin and English seperate.
How? 56% of the English langauge is influenced by Latin. Wow, you're stupid as hell.

Quote:
I never said you were trying to sound like Alex. I said you were trying to act like him. An ultra-egotistical asshole that preys upon anybody he finds less superior to him, often using references to his "intellectuality" as an excuse of why he's better than them. Not that I didn't love both the book and movie. They're some of my favorites.
Whatever.

Quote:
Again, I never said you were using a thesaurus. Funny that you wrote that I DID NOT KNOW what the hell I just said, when you've misread so much of my post.

I stated that the use of larger, less common words over smaller, more common ones does not make you an eloquent person. Calling me a troglodyte versus calling me a moron makes little difference, it expresses the same point. More thought isn't put into it; it's just another word. However, it seems to make you feel more intelligent sense it's use is so uncommon (especially as an insult).
"Any jackass with a thesaurus can write like you do."

You're passive aggressively saying that I am using a thesaurus, do not play coy. Just come out and say it asshole. Yeah, and "sense[sic]" we're on the topic of pseudointellectuality, why do you feel the need to one up me? We both know you're just a mouth-breather.

Quote:
Again, read this quote to yourself and try not to laugh. What person could possibly understand what you mean here? What person would see you as anything more than a pretentious jerk for using the words "ad hominem" and "idem quod"? Wouldn't calling my argument a personal attack suit the situation just fine?
Ad hominem doesn't mean a personal attack. Ad hominem means an attack that appeals to the attackers personal considerations rather than logic or REASON. Which is what you've done, and yet again, you do not know what you've said.

Quote:
By the way, do you use English slang because you're actually English or do you just think it's cool?
I like some of the English slang, I also like some of the French terms we've adopted, as well as Latin, and the Algonquian, Chinese, etc.

Look just because you do not understand the etymology of words doesn't mean I have to concede to your failing wisdom.

Quote:
They are smart, well educated, intellectuals who really are more schooled than the common person. However, as I stated, they talk like normal people, they have manners, and they don't rub their degrees and knowledge in other people’s faces. That's why others respect them and actually want to learn from them.
I am not teaching anything here, ergo I don't need to create concordance with you.

Quote:
I believe I just did back up what I said. Although there's hardly anything I need to back up from my last post. Make a note that I would never say anything about you or your elite speak if it wasn't for your continuous attacks on people who have done nothing.
Elite speak? Are we going to now evoke the letters and symbols to dicu55 0ur ||)3/-\5?

Quote:
Oh, and by the way, I’m sure this reply is full of punctuation mistakes. But, you know, I just don't care. This isn't high school English, I’m sure you can read it just fine. And I’m sure you can't wait to make a really clever response.

This is fun! I hope other people are enjoying this.
I made my response, it is very terse, direct, and not clever. I am essentially giving you a bunch of proverbial bitch-slaps.
om3gag0th666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 02:59 AM   #52
Tumor

I thought it was fun arguing with om3ga. But now I realize watching him arguing with others is far more amusing.

Please, continue.
Tumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 03:01 AM   #53
om3gag0th666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumor
I thought it was fun arguing with om3ga. But now I realize watching him arguing with others is far more amusing.

Please, continue.
Oh please, he really can't make a comeback at this point. He shoved his foot down his throat with many of his responses.
Old 12-13-2006, 03:11 AM   #54
Tumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by om3gag0th666
Oh please, he really can't make a comeback at this point. He shoved his foot down his throat with many of his responses.
So says someone whose responses have been as simplistic as "whatever," and who automatically associates "elite" with "1337."

But in any case, I do believe I said "others," which implies "more than one." So which "he" are you talking about?
Tumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 03:25 AM   #55
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
this is another reason why me > you.
Now everyone, observe (pointing to omlette-egga face on medical auditorium table) here is the primary motivating factor in this poor subject's pathetic life:

He needs to feel superior to everyone, the result of an overcompensating inferiority complex, most likely due to childhood trauma of undeserved punishment and verbal abuse by sociopathic parents, or perhaps even the lack of, which, when compared to other young peers during developmet, can make the subject feel inferior because the peers have parents whilst he did not.

Sadly, there is no cure, he will be sociopathic the remainder of his life, and will not realize the great joys possible in nurturing relationships. Ultimately, a wasted potential that could have used great endowments for the benefit of mankind.
Class dismissed.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 03:26 AM   #56
Cicero

Quote:
You've met the primitive ape, and a Neanderthal? Now you really impress me, moron.
Impressive! Someone with no knowledge of modern primate taxonomy. What a surprise.

Pan troglodytes is the scientific name for the common chimpanzee. Anthropoid apes include the chimpanzee, bonobo, gorilla and orangutan. I've met three out of the four.

And neanderthals weren't primitive. They were our equals, even superiors, in culture and technology until their sudden disappearance.

Edit: I realise I may have slightly misunderstood what you said. Blame that on not sleeping for 50 hours straight.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 03:33 AM   #57
Mick Ignis

Quote:
How? 56% of the English langauge is influenced by Latin. Wow, you're stupid as hell.
Influenced, not directly Latin. Your using terms I've learned, but never actually used. Or heard anyone else use for that matter. Highly unnecessary.

Quote:
Whatever.
Touché

Quote:
"Any jackass with a thesaurus can write like you do."

You're passive aggressively saying that I am using a thesaurus, do not play coy. Just come out and say it asshole.
Well, I guess you know what I’m thinking better than I do.

Quote:
Yeah, and "sense[sic]" we're on the topic of pseudointellectuality, why do you feel the need to one up me?
I don't feel the need to one up you. I don't feel the need to one up anyone. I'm comfortable enough with my own mind that I don't need to challenge anyone or insult anybody else's intelligence (especially total strangers on a message board). It's the ultimate irony that you ask me that question. Now, I ask you this: why do you feel the need to one up EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM?

Quote:
Ad hominem doesn't mean a personal attack. Ad hominem means an attack that appeals to the attackers personal considerations rather than logic or REASON. Which is what you've done, and yet again, you do not know what you've said.
Well, that's how I’ve been using it. And 65% of a panel agrees with me!

http://www.bartleby.com/61/71/A0087100.html

But, then again, your definition is the only correct one isn't it?

Quote:
I like some of the English slang, I also like some of the French terms we've adopted, as well as Latin, and the Algonquian, Chinese, etc.

Look just because you do not understand the etymology of words doesn't mean I have to concede to your failing wisdom.
You assume that I don't know what your saying.

Quote:
I am not teaching anything here, ergo I don't need to create concordance with you.
Awww, but I’m learning so much.

Quote:
Elite speak? Are we going to now evoke the letters and symbols to dicu55 0ur ||)3/-\5?
That's 1337 speak. I call yours elite speak because you seem to think of yourself as more elite than us black clad, wrist slashing, troglodytes.

Quote:
I made my response, it is very terse, direct, and not clever. I am essentially giving you a bunch of proverbial bitch-slaps.
Survey says!

*buzz*

Oh, I’m sorry. The correct answer was "I am essentially giving you more opportunities to show what an idiot I truly am". Thanks for playing om3ga.
Mick Ignis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 03:35 AM   #58
Mick Ignis

Quote:
You've yet to nail me on anything. I believe the current state of my foot is up your ass.
Old 12-13-2006, 03:39 AM   #59
Cicero

Holy shit, Omega, slaughter my last post to death. Please. Because it fucking deserves it, haha. My eyes are playing tricks on me and I read it all wrong.

And "moron" was way better than "troglodyte", I applaud you for that.

Now I'm off to get some sleep. And I look forward to reading more hilariousness from this thread tomorrow.

Old 12-13-2006, 03:40 AM   #60
Cicero

Quote:
You've yet to nail me on anything. I believe the current state of my foot is up your ass.
This statement is true.

Old 12-13-2006, 04:33 AM   #61
LostAndCrazy

Oh man, I missed all the action! I went out, apparently some of us have a life.

Mick Ingis: NO, he is not superior to anyone. I'm not sure what he is overcompensating for.

Yes I did enjoy reading it all later. Thank you guys for playing. =)
LostAndCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 05:24 AM   #62
om3gag0th666

Quote:
Influenced, not directly Latin. Your using terms I've learned, but never actually used. Or heard anyone else use for that matter. Highly unnecessary.
"Your[sic] using terms" you do not understand, as a result, you are making a fool of yourself. You know what sic means in Latin? If not, go look it up, it's my second blow.

Quote:
I don't feel the need to one up you. I don't feel the need to one up anyone. I'm comfortable enough with my own mind that I don't need to challenge anyone or insult anybody else's intelligence (especially total strangers on a message board). It's the ultimate irony that you ask me that question. Now, I ask you this: why do you feel the need to one up EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM?
I never did, I always have superceded, it's a natural instinct.

Quote:
Well, that's how I’ve been using it. And 65% of a panel agrees with me!

http://www.bartleby.com/61/71/A0087100.html

But, then again, your definition is the only correct one isn't it?
The definition is the correct one: Appealing to personal considerations rather than to logic or reason.

That's the definition you provided, and just because you use it incorrectly doesn't mean that it's correct. You can attempt to change the conventions of langauge, but currently ad hominem means precisely as I've stated. Also what's funny is, I completely remembered that definition, I didn't even look it up. I was pretty proud of myself.

Quote:
You assume that I don't know what your saying.
I haven't really pulled the stops yet, I think everyone knows that. My magniloquent diction is far deeper than this superificial puddle, but I'm trying my best to not embrangle your lacking cognizance of our versatile vernacular.

Quote:
That's 1337 speak. I call yours elite speak because you seem to think of yourself as more elite than us black clad, wrist slashing, troglodytes.
I know what elitism is, I strive to be elite.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:26 AM   #63
om3gag0th666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero
Impressive! Someone with no knowledge of modern primate taxonomy. What a surprise.

Pan troglodytes is the scientific name for the common chimpanzee. Anthropoid apes include the chimpanzee, bonobo, gorilla and orangutan. I've met three out of the four.

And neanderthals weren't primitive. They were our equals, even superiors, in culture and technology until their sudden disappearance.

Edit: I realise I may have slightly misunderstood what you said. Blame that on not sleeping for 50 hours straight.
That's one definition of the troglodyte and anthropoid ape. They are both vague references to pre-historic mammals similar to the ape. Also, the Neanderthal was not our equal, that's why they died off. We had nothing to do with it either, they just could not adapt to the climate changes, and the homo-sapien took over the plains.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:33 AM   #64
om3gag0th666

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain
Now everyone, observe (pointing to omlette-egga face on medical auditorium table) here is the primary motivating factor in this poor subject's pathetic life:

He needs to feel superior to everyone, the result of an overcompensating inferiority complex, most likely due to childhood trauma of undeserved punishment and verbal abuse by sociopathic parents, or perhaps even the lack of, which, when compared to other young peers during developmet, can make the subject feel inferior because the peers have parents whilst he did not.

Sadly, there is no cure, he will be sociopathic the remainder of his life, and will not realize the great joys possible in nurturing relationships. Ultimately, a wasted potential that could have used great endowments for the benefit of mankind.
Class dismissed.
You cannot psychoanalyze me, you're still in high-school. Thank you, class dismissed.

Also, the only childhood trauma I have experienced is the many deaths in my family, ranging from grandparents, uncles, cousins, and friends. Apparently people around me like to drop like flies, perhaps my callous demeanor alarms you, but I am slightly antisocial. I really just hate pretentious id driven adolescents who invariably concord with the antithesis of their superego, and then try to play Freud, Wilhelm, Skinner, Pavlov, or Maslow. Piss off.

Occam's Razor bitch, maybe I just don't like you.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:31 AM   #65
Kassindrya

One little detail that had been forgotten: your use of tête-à-tête was totally wrong. Don't use words you don't really know. And also: STOP BASTARDIZING FRENCH WORDS!!!!! I don't care if you alt combinations doesn't work, just stop using those words then!!!
Kassindrya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 12:47 PM   #66
BlackWidow

If you are gonna be a part of a social culture that is labeled under something people stereotype as bad, then learn to deal with the criticism. Otherwise you don deserve to be labeled that, such as Goth. If you dont like people stereotyping you I suggest you joining the preppy groups.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:09 PM   #67
Mick Ignis

Quote:
"Your[sic] using terms" you do not understand, as a result, you are making a fool of yourself. You know what sic means in Latin? If not, go look it up, it's my second blow.
You're so full of yourself that you once again think I'm using words that I don't understand, when I have just proven to you that not only do I know the words, but I know that they have more than one use or meaning. Something you deny.

Yeah, I know what [sic] means. Do I care that I accidentally typed "your" instead of "you're"? Not really. I'm not spending much time on these responses. They're entertaining to write, but I do have a life, friends, and a job.

Quote:
The definition is the correct one: Appealing to personal considerations rather than to logic or reason.

That's the definition you provided, and just because you use it incorrectly doesn't mean that it's correct. You can attempt to change the conventions of langauge, but currently ad hominem means precisely as I've stated. Also what's funny is, I completely remembered that definition, I didn't even look it up. I was pretty proud of myself.
Well I'm glad you're proud of yourself. What does Webster's Dictionary know anyway? Bunch of anthropoid apes, if you ask me.

Quote:
I haven't really pulled the stops yet, I think everyone knows that. My magniloquent diction is far deeper than this superificial puddle, but I'm trying my best to not embrangle your lacking cognizance of our versatile vernacular.
Ah yes, I’m sure you know much bigger and more complex words than we do. With a vocabulary such as yours, I’m sure you could conquer the crossword puzzle world!

-----
At this point right now, I'm not even taking this seriously. We're just going around in circles. It has been educational though, never before have I talked to a more hopelessly pathetic person.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:14 PM   #68
om3gag0th666

Quote:
You're so full of yourself that you once again think I'm using words that I don't understand, when I have just proven to you that not only do I know the words, but I know that they have more than one use or meaning. Something you deny.

Yeah, I know what [sic] means. Do I care that I accidentally typed "your" instead of "you're"? Not really. I'm not spending much time on these responses. They're entertaining to write, but I do have a life, friends, and a job.

Well I'm glad you're proud of yourself. What does Webster's Dictionary know anyway? Bunch of anthropoid apes, if you ask me.

Ah yes, I’m sure you know much bigger and more complex words than we do. With a vocabulary such as yours, I’m sure you could conquer the crossword puzzle world!

-----
At this point right now, I'm not even taking this seriously. We're just going around in circles. It has been educational though, never before have I talked to a more hopelessly pathetic person.

Argumentum ad naseum. Have a good-day idiot, nice strawman too.

I don't need to argue with you anymore, you're just going to continually attack me, rather than what I've said, I don't care to attack you, you have made plenty of things vulnerable. Such as your stupid statements as: "Get the Latin out of English."

You don't even recognize those because it makes you look like a complete idiot. You're the only one who is pathetic here, thanks.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:14 PM   #69
om3gag0th666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassindrya
One little detail that had been forgotten: your use of tête-à-tête was totally wrong. Don't use words you don't really know. And also: STOP BASTARDIZING FRENCH WORDS!!!!! I don't care if you alt combinations doesn't work, just stop using those words then!!!
tete-a-tete = head to head.

Thank you, and piss off. Learn French. I know the e's need circumflexs and the a needs an acute accent.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:39 PM   #70
natharliak

"Even if you are not involved in the bad behavior of the Goth culture, society will still associate you with those bad behaviors. "

who the fricken hell said we are involved in bad behavour.

I for one helps old people cross the road lend a buck or two to a person in need and even in my will donating seems amount of money for prostate and brest cancer resurch.

we are not bad ppl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh and in the big big....long long very long script thingie, it said we should care what others think about us.....

why should we care? like really who gives a shit about the other people.......
But if there nice to me i'm nice to them. so whats wrong with us .!NOTHING!.
natharliak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 02:42 PM   #71
Mick Ignis

Quote:
I don't need to argue with you anymore, you're just going to continually attack me
I'll be here to make you look foolish everytime you decide to insult someone and claim your bullshit superiority. Although I’m sure everyone here is more than capable of defending themselves.

Quote:
you have made plenty of things vulnerable. Such as your stupid statements as: "Get the Latin out of English."

You don't even recognize those because it makes you look like a complete idiot. You're the only one who is pathetic here, thanks.
Heh heh, again. Never said that. There's a quote button for a reason. I stated that it is hard to read something when half of it is plain English, and the other is Latin phrases. All things in moderation.

You have once again failed to stick anything on me. I have countered everything you have said and the only responses you have given have been your own delusions of self-importance. If you were actually an intelligent, eloquent genius in the real world, you wouldn't be spending your time bitching about Goth's on an internet forum and arguing with a 2-bit filmmaker. All the knowledge in the world isn't worth a thing if it's not used productively.

Good day
Old 12-13-2006, 04:08 PM   #72
om3gag0th666

Quote:
Heh heh, again. Never said that. There's a quote button for a reason. I stated that it is hard to read something when half of it is plain English, and the other is Latin phrases. All things in moderation.

You have once again failed to stick anything on me. I have countered everything you have said and the only responses you have given have been your own delusions of self-importance. If you were actually an intelligent, eloquent genius in the real world, you wouldn't be spending your time bitching about Goth's on an internet forum and arguing with a 2-bit filmmaker. All the knowledge in the world isn't worth a thing if it's not used productively.

Good day
Haha, you are so oblivious. That is the irony of this, I've basically mind-***** you so hard that you can't even see it. Also why don't you learn how to use an apostrophe? You sure do sling around the word eloquent, when you can't even eloquently structure your writing, or use punctuation correctly.

I'm getting bored with you, and incase you forgot what you said:
Quote:
By the way, don't mix languages. Keep Latin and English seperate.
Dumbest fucking statement ever.

--

Also thanks for pointing out this isn't the real world detective dip-shit, this is obviously an internet forum, and yes I have a right to pick on weaker, and dumber people. Such as yourself, you have not refuted or countered any point I've made, you've lied, and used strawman arguments the entire time.

You're a fucking tool, deal with it. I'm better than you, and I am smarter, you'll live, this is how life is sometimes. It's not fair.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:20 PM   #73
Kassindrya

Quote:
tete-a-tete = head to head.

Thank you, and piss off. Learn French. I know the e's need circumflexs and the a needs an acute accent.
Apprendre le français? Désolé, mon grand, mais ça fait dix-huit ans que c'est fait. Je suis une francophone. Au fait, tête-à-tête veut dire seul à seul ce qui n'est pas votre cas ici.
Now, YOU piss off and don't talk about what you don't know
Old 12-13-2006, 04:24 PM   #74
om3gag0th666

If you knew what tete-a-tete meant, then you would have known it meant head to head. Obviously you're retarded, I learned a bit of French, so I understand some of that at least.

Still, French is a pathetic langauge.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:33 PM   #75
Kassindrya

Tête-à-tête is an expresion meaning that two people are alone togueter.(ref: the dictionnary. French dictionnary that is)) First thing. Second, as I once said, don't use a language you don't know. And third, why do you use some French words if it is so pathetic?