Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 01-27-2007, 07:48 PM   #1
ArtificialOne

Angry People talking in theaters

People non-stop talking throughout the movie ...and making sniffling noises too. It should be legal to drag those people out of the theater and beat them with bamboo!!!!!

“More persons, on the whole, are humbugged by believing in nothing, than by believing too much”
P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
http://www.myspace.com/lifeasartificial
ArtificialOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 08:09 PM   #2
jacquelinetm

That's why I usually wait until movies come out on DVD. I remember going to a horror movie with my mom, when the first "Friday, the 13th" came out. It was actually kind of funny, though, listening to the crowd screaming at the screen as if the actors would survive if only they had listened to the movie audience.

"Don't point the finger at me
I am only a rat in a maze like you
And only the dead go free"
-- Roger Waters
4:41AM (Sexual Revolution)
The Pros And Cons Of Hitch Hiking
jacquelinetm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 11:15 PM   #3
Godslayer Jillian

I'm one of the people that talks in the movies. I'm funny though.
Like in the movie The Nativity Story, I got so much material out of the plot that I couldn't keep quiet.
What kinds of things did I come up with?
Oh, just some stuff like relating an old shepherd and the un-born messiah with a dildo.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 11:27 PM   #4
MotherofMercies

I can't help it especially if the movie is shit. One time, at a real sentimental part of a movie (can't remember which one) I snorted really loudly. The whole theatre was in hysterics.
MotherofMercies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 12:03 AM   #5
ArtificialOne

Hold still while I get the bamboo...
I did say something during one fo the batman movies while he was trying to tell his gf who he really was.. Iblurted out "He's batman bitch!"
It was funny and everyone thought so too..it was at a one dollar cinema when they used to have them...

“More persons, on the whole, are humbugged by believing in nothing, than by believing too much”
P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
Old 01-28-2007, 12:16 AM   #6
GirlsNotMe

Man, I go CRAZY in movie theatres. I recently attended a showing of the hilariously bad "Turistas" and there was only one couple in the entire theatre besides my group of friends. Poor them, it was probably impossible for them to enjoy the flick.

Though, honestly, I don't think they would have enjoyed it had we been quiet, either. Hehe.
GirlsNotMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 03:29 AM   #7
c130

I hate people talking over ANY movie, whether it's in the cinema or on DVD or on TV. My dad's one of those people who just HAS to say every notion that comes into his head, so he'll say it quietly in my ear and continue thinking he's awsome while I ignore him or glare at him. >_> In school, when we used to be allowed to watch movies at the end of term, when people started chatting over it I'd be like "STFU" and the teacher would tell both of us to be quiet.
Old 01-28-2007, 03:34 AM   #8
jacquelinetm

Quote:
Originally Posted by c130
I hate people talking over ANY movie, whether it's in the cinema or on DVD or on TV. My dad's one of those people who just HAS to say every notion that comes into his head, so he'll say it quietly in my ear and continue thinking he's awsome while I ignore him or glare at him. >_> In school, when we used to be allowed to watch movies at the end of term, when people started chatting over it I'd be like "STFU" and the teacher would tell both of us to be quiet.
I really don't understand why certain people talk over things like when you're watching the news and for once it's something that interests you, but there's a person that talks over it and you can't hear anything... that makes me want to scream out "STFU!!!! For a second... can you please STFU?" ;}

-- Roger Waters
Old 01-28-2007, 03:40 AM   #9
VampiricYouth

My father's Israeli, and when we went to see Munich, he kept on shouting out the names of some Israeli actors in bit-parts, a lot of them he grew up with.

"Hey! Yehuda Levi!"

No one knew who that was, and no one really cared. :P
VampiricYouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 03:54 AM   #10
jacquelinetm

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampiricYouth
My father's Israeli, and when we went to see Munich, he kept on shouting out the names of some Israeli actors in bit-parts, a lot of them he grew up with.

"Hey! Yehuda Levi!"

No one knew who that was, and no one really cared. :P
When my mom took me back to Munich, she showed me the apartment building where the Israelis had been held hostage... it was across from the entrance of the Olympic (indoor) swimming pool. I guess this was only a few years after it had happened. I didn't really know much about it, then, because I was a child, but I did feel sad, looking at the apartment building.

-- Roger Waters
Old 01-28-2007, 07:12 AM   #11
DarkHeartedDemoness

Last night I went to DreamGirls with my parents, and the woman next to me jiggled her leg the WHOLE TIME. Normally I wouldn't mind, but it shook my seat THE WHOLE TIME.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 07:29 AM   #12
c130

That's why they put drink holders in the armrests between chairs. Just lean down and accidentally knock your iced Coke onto the lap of the source of your irritation... Pretend to be sorry.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:51 AM   #13
Delicate_Torture

People in Australia don't do the 'talking in cinema's' thing as much as they do in the USA. I remember a few years ago being in Brooklyn with my friend Toph and my girlfriend Tracey. We went to see Kill Bill and the entire theatre was literally empty except for the two men who came and sat directly behind us. I shit you not. In the two seats in the row behind us so they had to look over our heads.

We watched the film with their commentary all of the way through it. "Why is she doing that? Who is that person? Why aren't any of them talking? This film is stupid."

I turned around and politely said "Excuse me, we are trying to watch the film, do you mind speaking a little more quietly?" To which one of the said "Who the fuck do you think you are, lady?" So I said "I'm the bitch who is going to stretch your scrotum over the top of your head and use it to tie your mouth shut, now shut the fuck up... please."

At this stage Tracey grabbed me and pulled me away and explained that if I who am very capable of taking care of myself, started a fight with them then our weedy geek friend who I love dearly, Toph, would be the one getting beaten up because that is apparently what happens in Brooklyn.

They will ruin a movie, but they won't hit a girl. Good to see some priorities in action.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:09 AM   #14
c130

Hahahahah!

You should've carried out your threat. Then taken pictures.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:13 AM   #15
Delicate_Torture

I could have, but that would have involved touching a scrotum... and I try to do that as little as possible.

It's a lesbian thing.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:44 AM   #16
Crying_Crimson_Tears

To me if it is a good movie, I won't talk. If I hate it, I will. If it's something terrible, I'll listen to what other people have to say, I won't even pay attention to the movie. If I'm with a friend, I always talk, I can't help it. I'm from Connecticut, I talk a lot.

When I saw the movie "When a Stranger Calls" I pretty much laughed my ass off through the entire movie. It was so cheap and poorly made. It was a horrible movie.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 02:08 PM   #17
Mir

Good movies/Bad Movies, are a relative concept. You might like one that others do not and they will talk through it. Would'nt that piss you off? And vice versa. Being considerate of other people is a notion that has been phased out and rendered obsolete I suppose.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 02:29 PM   #18
ArtificialOne

Couldn't agree with you more Mir. It seems being polite and respective has become extinct.

P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
Old 01-28-2007, 02:30 PM   #19
Delicate_Torture

I remember sitting through Branagh's version of Much Ado About Nothing (on the third or fourth time I'd seen it) behind two little old ladies who kept asking each other "What did he say??" In the end one turned to the other and said "If this movie wasn't going to be in English they should warn people."

Then again, when I first saw the film it was with a group of friends from Uni who were as horrified as I was to discover that Branagh had cast Keanu Reeves as Don John. When he uttered (in that awful Californian accent that has no place in a Shakespearian work set in Mecina) his first line which was "I thank you: I am not of many words, but I thank you." we stood and applauded. Yes! Keanu will not be a man of many words!
Old 01-28-2007, 02:43 PM   #20
jacquelinetm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delicate_Torture

Then again, when I first saw the film it was with a group of friends from Uni who were as horrified as I was to discover that Branagh had cast Keanu Reeves as Don John. When he uttered (in that awful Californian accent that has no place in a Shakespearian work set in Mecina) his first line which was "I thank you: I am not of many words, but I thank you." we stood and applauded. Yes! Keanu will not be a man of many words!
LMFAO... that's the same thing Keanu did in The Matrix. He was doing so well, in character, but then he says that one line that blows him back to the "Bill & Ted" days... "I know Kung-Fu". ;}

-- Roger Waters
Old 01-28-2007, 03:00 PM   #21
Delicate_Torture

LOL.

I'm certain to this day that Branagh cast him as Don John JUST so that would be his first line.
Old 01-28-2007, 03:19 PM   #22
ashleyxnicole

I just throw gummy bears at them.
ashleyxnicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 03:22 PM   #23
ArtificialOne

I kicked one persons chair... and it scared the crap out of them. It was hilarious. And also, they then shut up the rest of the movie... Hah! If I owned my own theater I'd install buzzboxes in each chair and buzz people everytime they got out of line! lol

P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
Old 01-29-2007, 07:01 AM   #24
Geo_Toni

I tend not to talk through films... unless they're an absoulty bore fest and i can not escape!
But i remember watching an interview with Vincent price, and he went to a cenima to see one of his films, to see what the audience thought of it. anyways, he had these two annoying teenage girls infront of him being right annoying, talking, saying its crap etc etc... so at the end of the film, he lent forward and whispered in that wonderful voice of his "so ladies, did you enjoy the film?" Both girls screamed and legged it!
I would've paided soo much to had seen that!
Geo_Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 02:54 PM   #25
LegendGirl

I can go you one better than talking in the theater...

At least twice in my life, someone has brought a BABY to the film. If the baby is asleep, it's perfectly quiet, but as soon as it wakes up...

my word, people are stupid.
LegendGirl is offline   Reply With Quote