Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 03-16-2009, 03:09 PM   #1
Godslayer Jillian

That One Thread About Nothing

So I still haven't bought my plants to start the garden. Then again it's already spring break so it will be a perfect time to start it. No excuses to be lazy.

What's going on with your lives?

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 03:20 PM   #2
Underwater Ophelia

Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 04:14 PM   #3
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Unhappy

What's new is bad. My charity committee has died: the three remaining members (other than myself, the 4th) have quit including the chair of the committee, so I have until April 1st to recruit 3 new members and appoint myself as new chairperson, or the surrounding charities lose our branch of the foundation and lose ten grand a year in donations. One retired and two are too busy with their jobs to devote the needed time to our fund raising activities. Sucks that the poor will suffer because of it.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:39 PM   #4
Pyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo.
Guh. My Youth Subcultures class used that movie as an example of a subculture (breakdancing, obviously) early in the semester. My professor really enjoys saying the name of it.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:44 PM   #5
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain View Post
What's new is bad. My charity committee has died: the three remaining members (other than myself, the 4th) have quit including the chair of the committee, so I have until April 1st to recruit 3 new members and appoint myself as new chairperson, or the surrounding charities lose our branch of the foundation and lose ten grand a year in donations. One retired and two are too busy with their jobs to devote the needed time to our fund raising activities. Sucks that the poor will suffer because of it.
What do the committee members have to do anyways? Also is it a requirement that you have to live in the same state as the foundation?

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:50 PM   #6
Becca_Lugosi

I murdered most of my Sims today just to add more gravestones to my awesome goffik abode.

Yeah...

~B.L.
Becca_Lugosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:06 PM   #7
Corpsey

Moved to a new house, got a decent flat for fuck all and I'm trying out new methods/foods to cook with.

When are you going to New York, Jillian?

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:21 PM   #8
Saya

I drank pepsi today at work for the first time in forever and now my stomach is so bloated it hurts. My own fault I guess.

On the other hand, I made toutons! Yay!
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:33 PM   #9
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyre View Post
Guh. My Youth Subcultures class used that movie as an example of a subculture (breakdancing, obviously) early in the semester. My professor really enjoys saying the name of it.
Hahaha so do I.
I've been saying it constantly.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:45 PM   #10
Delkaetre

Geh. It's Paddy's Day now.
I shall be conspicuous in my avoidance of anyone who even looks at me in a false Irish accent at work, and shall head straight home afterwards for a sensible dinner and a night in.
I am not getting into all that Shamrock bullshit.
It would be far, far too easy for a red haired, green eyed, Irish-passport-wielding lass like myself to get far, far too many free drinks from the over enthusiastic English.
And the bloody accent everyone puts on....
ah well. 2.36am. Sleep time. G'night, G'net.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:35 PM   #11
Corpsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delkaetre
Geh. It's Paddy's Day now.
I shall be conspicuous in my avoidance of anyone who even looks at me in a false Irish accent at work, and shall head straight home afterwards for a sensible dinner and a night in.
I am not getting into all that Shamrock bullshit.
It would be far, far too easy for a red haired, green eyed, Irish-passport-wielding lass like myself to get far, far too many free drinks from the over enthusiastic English.
And the bloody accent everyone puts on....
ah well. 2.36am. Sleep time. G'night, G'net.
Ironic, I just set up a flat account with my friend who doesnt happen to have any Irish ancestry and he was ridiculously drunk sheerly because he had a 'reason' to get shitfaced.

Who gives a fuck if it's Paddy's day. If you need to organise something, don't get ludicrously wasted and then wear out everyone else's patience when you can't understand a damn thing we are saying.

G'nite to you.

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 07:48 AM   #12
emeraldlonewoulf

life is good. Just recently got dependable internet access back ( YAY!!), hence my renewed ability to lurk in the forums. Trying out a combination of square foot and container gardening this year, just planted broccoli, spinach,lettuce, etc. Gonna try the whole growing tomatoes upside down thing too. Still driving taxi.

Hello all.

question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
(shouts) WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??!!?
answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
Because some people are dicks. And not everyone else is gay.
emeraldlonewoulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 08:00 AM   #13
CrimsonPythonidae

*sigh* I am worried I'm going to lose my job because I'm a f#*kwit lately. But things could always be a lot worse so I can't be too stressed out about it. At least I have a job and the option to stop being a dickhead which is a lot more than blah blah blah the usual . . I'm actually kind of tired.
Nu'night
CrimsonPythonidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 08:26 AM   #14
Underwater Ophelia

Putting off cleaning my room in preparation for a lady companion.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:16 AM   #15
Necrophagist

I made a new song.

I am the Antiproduct!

There is, they say, no fool like an old fool - Golding.

" All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting." - Orwell.
Necrophagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:36 AM   #16
Underwater Ophelia

Completely cleaned my room, and she isn't coming.
Women blow.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:46 AM   #17
Duane

I'm working on a cover of Hey Sandy, the adventures of Pete and Pete opening song.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 04:35 PM   #18
Delkaetre

I ended up out at the pub.
I think I now have a switch female to enjoy and take to clubs, and a submissive male to play with in general.
And no one tried to put the Shamrock/ Guinness comedy hat on me again after I took the damn thing and hid it.

Aww, poor Ophelia! C'mon over to England, we'll entertain you. We promise not to back out and leave your charms to waste.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 05:56 PM   #19
Godslayer Jillian

Tell me if you guys think this is ok.
I asked for an application at Cinnabon. I've applied to many places and I'm desperate for a job.
So to get a small edge above the rest, besides my application, I'm gonna give them a note saying and if my application does not convince you that I would love working here, maybe the Furious Little Cinnamon Roll will
And then I draw the Furious Little Cinnamon saying "HE REALLY LOVES ME"

Could they consider me because it's cute?

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 05:59 PM   #20
Mystery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian View Post
I asked for an application at Cinnabon. I've applied to many places and I'm desperate for a job.
So to get a small edge above the rest, besides my application, I'm gonna give them a note saying and if my application does not convince you that I would love working here, maybe the Furious Little Cinnamon Roll will

they might think your being rude/sarcastic.
but its worth a shot right?
Mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 07:22 PM   #21
LaBelleDameSansMerci

I'm really tired, and should be summarizing notes in preparation for a slide test that I have tomorrow, but I really can't concentrate.
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:21 AM   #22
$haDe

I did it with 15-years old boy.

Wait... ,he did me.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:34 AM   #23
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
Completely cleaned my room, and she isn't coming.
Women blow.
You seem to have a bit of a knack for finding flaky women. I promise if I ever get the chance to visit your room then I wouldn't think of standing you up.

Quote:

That's fucking adorable, I really hope you get the job
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:46 AM   #24
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:

I don't mean to be an asshole, but I know for a fact that where I work (which is Pacsun, so a similar sort of business), we'd laugh at it, but then put it in the pile of applications we'd never consider.

You're better off going in and chatting up a manager (provided they aren't really busy), and then saying, almost as an afterthought, that you have an application to hand in. Be polite, but stupid-cheery, and definitely talkative about DUMB shit. Like clothes or other desserts you like. I know it's ridiculous, but the service business wants to hire people who people want to buy from. People want to buy from cheery morons.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:34 PM   #25
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by $haDe View Post
I did it with 15-years old boy.

Wait... ,he did me.
You go gir-...guy!