Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 11-14-2015, 05:03 AM   #1
Road Rager

Fucking father!!!

So I've recently gotten into the whole goth thing. It took me a while because for a long time I was in a bad place with money because my sister stole from me. Anyway, my dad is flipping his shit about me going goth. He won't let me decorate my room (I don't want anything serious like a plant job, just some little bloody wall decals and some new lights) he keeps telling me how ugly I am when I wear any form of dark makeup, and I think he's starting to hide my packages from me (I order everything online since I'm in alaska and we suck when it comes to fashion). He even called my pastor to wake me up in the middle of the day (I work the graveyard shift so I sleep all day) and they started to try and pray away the "demons" that are possessing me. He refuses to listen when I tell him I'm not going to stop going to church and that I'm not harming myself or others. I am an adult and I shouldn't have to deal with this.
Do you guys have any advice on how to deal with this? And please, no answers saying just to move out because the cheapest place I can get is $600/month and it's a dry cabin over 30 miles out of town.
Road Rager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 08:54 AM   #2
ape descendant

*hugs* Sounds like you have problems bigger than being a goth kid. The fact that he puts you down, hides your things from you and uses the local clergy to disturb your sleep points to some pretty deep problems. While I doubt he's going to be honest enough with himself about his problems to seek counseling, doesn't mean you can't. Perhaps you can find a therapist or a counselor to talk to, who may be able to help you with some advice on how to cope with this sort of thing until you can get on your feet. I wish you the best of luck and all the hugs.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 04:02 PM   #3
Anise

It's really frustrating to have your personality dampened, confined and judged.
All that you are doing is expressing yourself, using your creative voice ...
I wish that your father could respect your desire and need to do so.
By curbing you, he's asserting his authority as a parent ...
The whole "Not under my roof!" palaver .. round and around it goes!

For a quiet life, I'd suggest attempting a subtle approach?
I.E. music listened to via headphones, limit posters etc that may trigger.
Try to walk a fine line? Don't rub is face in it, maybe change your clothing and diversify after leaving the home, alternate back before re-entering?

This is solely to attempt some alleviation for you ..
Don't know how you'd actually feel about leading a 'double life'

As a teen, I walked this path .. was easier than constant criticism!

When you leave the family home environment you can spread your wings and fly .. for now you need to ascertain what to do about this current situ ...
I feel it's really getting to you, irking you .. it sucks to be undermined!
There's 2 options, the 'fuck you, this is ME' option. A hard path.
Or option #2, I bide my time, for now.

The Gothic nature is, I feel, internal. But hell it's nice to express it outwardly.
I wish things were easier for you. Know that you are respected here (x)
Anise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 01:03 PM   #4
laughing goth

"I am an adult and I shouldn't have to deal with this."
Oh yes you do, Trust me Your parents are going to bug you for ever. You can't change your parents but you can change your reaction to them.

If you do stuff they don't like. They will bring it up every holiday.

In your room,What is a plant job ?

I will say that I am very good at hiding my Goth, and I am going to give you a few hints.
First I would not go goth over night especially since your family is against it. I know where you are here. Dress the part on the inside. Black underwear is your friend. Black jeans are just black jeans so there is another thing you can look normal in but feel Goth, black tee shirts slashed and decorated as you like under your ( normal )jacket or sweater will also not be seen. Then add a black belt with black pyramid spikes. Its all about understatement for now.

have packages sent to work or a good friends house.

The good news is that you can listen to all the music you want with head phones and that alone is a great comfort.

If you have a locker at work stash stuff there.

Do make up after you have left the house. I remember at the club some people would always show up dressed normal ( more or less) and go to the bathroom to change and do make up.
Every one knew Oh her parents are strict.

Goth also uses allot of religious symbols crucifixes are popular so head in that direction. The priest can hardly accuse you of consorting with demons if you carry around a rosary.

You could also go white Goth we always had some white goths around, and once you go live on your own white can become black.
http://www.deviantart.com/art/Goth-T...Goth-420824587
laughing goth is offline   Reply With Quote