Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 10-21-2005, 12:04 PM   #26
TheKorovaMilkbar

E_P_S, have you ever heard the song "Angel" by Massive Attack? Or "Digital" by Deftones?

Those songs have a very mellow feel to them, especially in how they sing. That's the kind of music I like, and that's the kind of music you sing, very relaxing and intriguing. Stick with it babe, I love it.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:10 PM   #27
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKorovaMilkbar
E_P_S, have you ever heard the song "Angel" by Massive Attack? Or "Digital" by Deftones?

Those songs have a very mellow feel to them, especially in how they sing. That's the kind of music I like, and that's the kind of music you sing, very relaxing and intriguing. Stick with it babe, I love it.
Oddly enough I was just listening to my Dead Can Dance vs Massive Attack mix of Angel..

If one more person compares me to Lisa Gerard today I will simply burst into friggin Blue Flames, with embarassment and pure glee..

Gosh, thats twice in a 60 minute period. (BLUSH!!)

Thank you, I am not worthy of such a comparison, but thank you..

I am so excited about this project, and am totally amped by the praise I have received from everyone..

As for 'Digital, I friggin love the Deftones(The rest of you zip it with the mockery :P) but I havent heard Digital.. I'll download it and check it out.. Err legally of course...My favorite Deftones song is still be Quiet and Drive..

Its an anthem..

It is an amazing feeling I must admit, to hear my most private Hellbound thoughts, set to music..

Hopefully I don't fuck it up..Haha..

Last edited by Empty_Purple_Stars; 10-21-2005 at 12:15 PM.
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 12:28 PM   #28
TheKorovaMilkbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Purple_Stars
Oddly enough I was just listening to my Dead Can Dance vs Massive Attack mix of Angel..

As for 'Digital, I friggin love the Deftones(The rest of you zip it with the mockery :P) but I havent heard Digital.. I'll download it and check it out.. Err legally of course...My favorite Deftones song is still be Quiet and Drive..
Shit, sorry it's called Digital Bath.

*GASP* WHAT?! Will you send me Dead Can Dance vs. Massive Attack mix?! Please?!

Also, good choice on the Be Quiet and Drive, that's my second fav. song from them to Digital Bath.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:31 PM   #29
Empty_Purple_Stars

Yeah email me, so I have your email addy and I'll ship it over..
Old 10-21-2005, 12:37 PM   #30
TheKorovaMilkbar

Alright, I just sent an email to your Yahoo account. It's named Song.
Old 10-22-2005, 09:38 AM   #31
Empty_Purple_Stars

I'm going back into the studio with Acroyear this weekend to record the vocals on two more songs..

Somehow It's taken me this long to get nervous..lol..

It's starting to seem Real and I am wigged beyond speech and pleased beyond words, all at the same time..

May I take a moment to now say; EEEEEEEEP!!!!!!

That is all..

Old 10-22-2005, 09:54 PM   #32
edible_eye

i think it sucks.

kidding. but you alredy knew that. at the rate of 2.99 a minute, i believe i owe you somewhere around 10,000 dollars. mother-FUCK! you're hot.

mate with me.
Old 10-23-2005, 11:38 PM   #33
Empty_Purple_Stars

My Doppelganger says she'll mate with you, but ONLY if you promise to give her the grand tour of the Forest Moon of Endor...

Thanks for the Nods man, I'm glad you dig it...

Hopefully I will have a more polished version to share with you Freaks soon..

Old 10-23-2005, 11:40 PM   #34
winged_dreams

Quote:
I'm going back into the studio with Acroyear this weekend to record the vocals on two more songs..

Somehow It's taken me this long to get nervous..lol..

It's starting to seem Real and I am wigged beyond speech and pleased beyond words, all at the same time..

May I take a moment to now say; EEEEEEEEP!!!!!!

That is all..

I'm quite happy that you are so happy. I hope everything works out right.

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 08:13 AM   #35
1TOOMANY

Sounds awesome, It totally sounds like something i would hear when I'm having one of my insane dreams. When I listened to it the words were painting a vivid dreamlike picture. That's when you know you have something good. When the lyrics actual paint a mental picture. I'm just jeaulous our band can't use you in a couple of our songs.

Awesome writing and awesome execution.
I'm super stoked for you!
That's a great pick me up isn't it.

D...

It also has a really cool creepy background.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:39 AM   #36
tekajo

how the fuck did i miss this thread last week?

EPS. *thumbs up*
tekajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 07:23 AM   #37
Soul_Immortal

Any news on the song??
Old 11-11-2005, 05:31 PM   #38
Binkie

Sorry! I know this is like a month too late, but I suck at signing into yahoo messanger anymore (any my attention span on the boards these days is mleh).

Ahhh, but this was awesome! Now I can match the sexy, sleek voice with the sexy and sleek woman behind it! Not to mention it was a kickass mp3 that, of course, I immediately downloaded upon hearing it.

Mmmm... I just noticed that I went 'n drooled all over my keyboard again. Damnit!

"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Binkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 10:52 PM   #39
Empty_Purple_Stars

After mentioning this thread earlier, I went digging for it and saw Tstone and Binkie's posts.

Thanks you two, you both independently rock so friggin hard!

Reading your posts made me blush a lovely shade of pink from tip to toe..

Considering that both of you are on my "Most Brilliant People I Know" list, I value your compliments very much.

I have also been asked to do a couple of tracks with the guy who did several of the Techno songs on the Resident Evil I, II and III game soundtracks.

Now the trick is getting healthy enough to be able to pull all of these wonderful opportunities off..

One day at a time I suppose.. All I can really do I guess..

Thanks for lusting err believing in me..

Oh and Binkie, I'm still waiting on movie night, with Margaritas and Marshmellows in my "Oh so snuggly"California King..

Manimal says he'll Netflix you and I whatever we want to watch for Smart Chic Night..

So if ya ever get your Perfect and Delicious self to Portland for a visit..

Blink Blink..

Last edited by Empty_Purple_Stars; 12-27-2005 at 10:58 PM.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:13 PM   #40
Sanctus Dei

OMFG.. EPS your absolutely amazing, the words are beautiful and your voice is stunning. When will there be more??!!
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 12:04 AM   #41
Binkie

Quote:
Oh and Binkie, I'm still waiting on movie night, with Margaritas and Marshmellows in my "Oh so snuggly"California King..

Manimal says he'll Netflix you and I whatever we want to watch for Smart Chic Night..

So if ya ever get your Perfect and Delicious self to Portland for a visit..

Blink Blink..

ARGH! Just thinking about it, I feel teasted. On the bright side, however, I'll have something wonderful to dream about tonight as I sleep. ;)

Oh yeah, you know you're coming straight here as soon as you record these tracks right? I mean, like as soon as you get out of the studio, that stuff is showing up here! Or is getting to me somehow. Yes, you know this because I command it! I must hear EPS's angelic vocals again! That way, when you become uber famous, I can be like, "I knew this woman. And she kicks some major ass!" Then I'll sport my MP3 collection and shrine. :D
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Binkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 08:32 AM   #42
WolfMoon

I was thinking of moving to Seattle, but after hearing that, I think I might be moving to Portland!

DAY-UM!!

You know how I normally feel about chick singers, but you just might convert me. ( oh-please-do-yummy-GODDESS-of-delight!) Please do let us know when the next ones are done or half-done or very-very rough!!!

WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 08:57 AM   #43
Rhapsody

E_P_S, from one vocalist to another, you rock!

That was just too lovely. Please let us know when this bit of velvet and dreams is available retail. I’m thinking you’ve just sold a few copies.

One of which is MINE!
Rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 11:52 PM   #44
Sanctus Dei

I want two!!
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 11:30 AM   #45
Empty_Purple_Stars

Awww you guys!!

*Blushes Bright Purple*

Wolfie: If I could convert you, it will all be worth it. You will be amongst the FIRST to have a copy of my humble murmurings. Thanks for sharing your enthusiasm.

Rhapsody: From one Vocalist to another, my thanks. Means alot coming from a fellow musician. I still want to hear some of your tracks. I am a fan of ALL kinds of music, so the fact that it's not Darkity Dark, effects nothing.. Thanks for the support!!

Sanctus:
More blushing ensues.. Thanks Pretty, it helps alot to hear that people really dig what I am doing. Makes me feel like a Gazillion bucks!! I will also make sure you get a copy whenever it finally makes it to release. I appreciate the smiles and approval very much.

Ms. Binkie
(Again) I just couldn't resist telling you once more what your opinion means to me, and how thrilled I am to know that the sound of my voice, was blessed enough to be able to echo through your delicately beautiful ears. I am hard pressed to think of a single musician, who ever had a 'fan' more amazing and exquisite than you..

When we get closer to being finished on the next two tracks, I will be sure to provide a link for you guys to listen and critique for me.

The support I have received here from all of you, has done WONDERFUL things for my self-esteem and my confidence as a vocalist.

Thank you all for being so fucking great!

Hugs and Ass Grabs All Around!!

Old 12-30-2005, 12:06 PM   #46
Needled

I just listened to it..

All I can say is WOW. And ditto what everyone else said!!
Needled is offline   Reply With Quote