Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 02-27-2008, 02:52 PM   #1
Acausal (I)

Hi

I'm from goth(dot)net, which I joined only about 2 weeks ago, and this is the only other forum I'm part of.

I'm never good with introductions, though I can thank the site admins for the form below for making my work simpler (good thinking).

1. Work: I'm jobless at the moment, but schooling for an IT degree.
Hobbies: art, music, poetry, writing, reading, solitary night walks, occult, dreaming, etc.

2. California

3. don't watch tv

4. don't watch tv

5. The one me and my lover would have participated in

6. I wouldn't care

7. Consumed by my lover, before he/she joins me

8. Doesn't matter

9. I have many, can't decide

10. I'm still the same kid

11. Too many to name

12. High school graduate

13. Meet like minded individuals, can't really find anyone like me anywhere.

14. Androgyne

Thank you for having me gothic(dot)net and greetings to you.
Acausal (I) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 06:25 PM   #2
Lolly PopMuzik

From what you already posted, I already dislike you for your pretension (Goth=Religion? SERIOUSLY?) and sharing Opteron Man's willful illiteracy regarding post dates but welcome all the same.

From someone who likes to read, why no authors and books and where you are in Cali? Seriously, don't make me bust out the Read a Book song.
Lolly PopMuzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 07:05 PM   #3
Acausal (I)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly PopMuzik
From what you already posted, I already dislike you for your pretension (Goth=Religion? SERIOUSLY?) and sharing Opteron Man's willful illiteracy regarding post dates but welcome all the same.

From someone who likes to read, why no authors and books and where you are in Cali? Seriously, don't make me bust out the Read a Book song.
Thank you for the welcome.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:15 PM   #4
blackwater1110

@ Lolly PopMuzik: Where did he say Goth=religion?

You didn't list a lot that really allows the members here to get a sense of who you are. Also, you didn't include the questions and gave such short answers that it was kind of hard to figure out what your were talking about for each question; if you went back and answered them more thoroughly you would probably get a little warmer response.

For example, one of your hobbies is dreaming. Do you mean lucid dreaming or astral projection, or do you keep a dream diary?
blackwater1110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 07:21 PM   #5
Lolly PopMuzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwater1110

You didn't list a lot that really allows the members here to get a sense of who you are. Also, you didn't include the questions and gave such short answers that it was kind of hard to figure out what your were talking about for each question; if you went back and answered them more thoroughly you would probably get a little warmer response.

For example, one of your hobbies is dreaming. Do you mean lucid dreaming or astral projection, or do you keep a dream diary?
*points you to the revived Born a Goth and Goth vs Poser threads in General* They regarded it as spiritual which is trying way too hard.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:38 PM   #6
Acausal (I)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwater1110

Hello blackwater1110

My apologies, I am not a frequent poster on forums and was not sure exactly what info to post. Though I'll be honest, I don't like too put out to much info about myself, and rather reply to topics where the users can get to know me that way, but if it's uncouth for the forums, then I will gladly re-do:

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)

At the nonce I don't work, but school to get an IT degree.

Hobbies: as stated earlier. As for dreaming: I experiment with lucid dreams (i've had lucid dreams as far as I remember).

2. Where are you from?

California.

3. Who is your favorite author?

Lovecraft (I misread this as actors in the first post)

4. What are your favorite films?

I don't watch television

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?

Not sure really, but I would have to be creative and thus it would be music I and my partner would have created.

6. At your funeral?

I wouldn't care really.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?

Consumption from my lover (though this would be after my death). I have spiritually romantic reasons for this.

8. What kind of casket would you want?

Wouldn't matter.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?

I'm not sure, I love all of my clothing equally, depending on my mood.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?

I still am a little kid, just older (aka. I don't miss anything as I live my life as I would without caring for the standards of age).

11. What's your favorite band?

I have too many to post, let alone think of.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?

High School graduate, my major will be IT, ensued by a later Literature degree.

13. Why did you join?

For luck of finding people like me.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?

Androgyne
Old 02-27-2008, 07:40 PM   #7
Acausal (I)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly PopMuzik
*points you to the revived Born a Goth and Goth vs Poser threads in General* They regarded it as spiritual which is trying way too hard.
Perhaps I was a bit hasty when I posted that one, but I did not mean religion in any sense. I'm sorry if you misunderstood, next time I will make a cleaner effort.

If you want the line construed: I meant spiritual as "involving spiritual (non-material) matters in my personal philosophies or theories of what gothic is and is not".

Next time I'll make sure to disambiguate such things as I should have.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:50 PM   #8
Lolly PopMuzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acausal (I)
Perhaps I was a bit hasty when I posted that one, but I did not mean religion in any sense. I'm sorry if you misunderstood, next time I will make a cleaner effort.

If you want the line construed: I meant spiritual as "involving spiritual (non-material) matters in my personal philosophies or theories of what gothic is and is not".

Next time I'll make sure to disambiguate such things as I should have.
You don't need to worry about stuff like that. Just repeat to yourself "It's just a subculture, I should really just relax!" and wait for the MST3K globe to come into view.

And be careful not to fall for silly shit like Gothic Liberation Front or something equally lame, pretentious, and culturally insensitive.

But what's with the boards over at goth.net? It's timing out and ridiculously so.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:57 PM   #9
Acausal (I)

Quote:
And be careful not to fall for silly shit like Gothic Liberation Front or something equally lame, pretentious, and culturally insensitive.
heh ok :P

Quote:
But what's with the boards over at goth(dot)net? It's timing out and ridiculously so.
I'm not sure, I've only joined there about a week or two ago.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:08 PM   #10
viscus

What's this "androgyne" nonsense? Do you have a penis, or do you have a vagina?

Or do you have Klinefelter's Syndrome or something?

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 01:03 PM   #11
Acausal (I)

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscus
What's this "androgyne" nonsense? Do you have a penis, or do you have a vagina?

Or do you have Klinefelter's Syndrome or something?
Well I don't consider it nonsense, nor does the transgender community, but I do respect other peoples' opinions regardless.

cheers