Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 03-01-2008, 06:48 AM   #1
youcancoughonmeagain

Just scoping your civilian wardrobe

Hi. Everyone where I live treats me like a freak or entertainment and that sucks alot of ass. But that's life...I guess.

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
I'm a tortured artist most of the time and post songs on my myspace about how I hate the world. I play bass, guitar, and...harmonica. I work at a "trendy" shoe store too and go to school. Oh, and my parrot just sneezed on me if that interests you.

2. Where are you from?
I'm from Texas, goodtimes.

3. Who is your favorite author?
I don't have a favorite author, but I like harry potter and the concept of interview with a vampire alot.

4. What are your favorite films?
I LOVE "The Lost Boys"
Trainspotting
Donnie Darko
Wristcutters, a Lovestory
The Warriors
Hair(the musical)
Blade
Lords of Dogtown
Requiem for a Dream

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
that's never going to happen...

6. At your funeral?
They will play "Desert Song" by My Chemical Romance followed by, "Digging up the Corpses" by Devil Driver

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
Well, when I find my star-crossed lover, we're going to die in some non-violent and painless way. We will most likely take chemicals of some kind, lock the door, and then go to sleep. Not pills though, my sister tried that and it didn't work.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
My casket is going to have a black leather covering like a guitar case and the inside will be lined with black crushed velvet. On the inside of the top lid it will say "DEAD" in white. Maybe they can through in an autographed picture of Ray Toro with me.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
Green Kilt, White My Chem Shirt (highlighter modified), and hightop black converse.
and a smile...not ahaha

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
I miss not worrying about money.

11. What's your favorite band?
My Chemical Romance
Nirvana
Lamb of God

I have 3...

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
I'm going to school to learn how to dig holes in the ground. Petroleum Engineering.

13. Why did you join?
I guess I have the need to communicate with people I percieve to be like me. Or just people who don't sit around discussing Nieman's all day. I don't think I spelled that right.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
I'm a female...sometimes I get the feeling people can't tell though. They ask if I'm "a boy or a girl" alot. W/e...they don't pay my bills...well neither do I.
youcancoughonmeagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 06:58 AM   #2
Bete Noire

Welcome. I love Donnie Darko and Lost Boys.

Your favourite bands suck though:P

Check out the music forum.
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 07:33 AM   #3
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Civilian! Hardly, but I can't really say I'm a fan of your music tastes either among other things but welcome. As for your gender from your picture I found it rather easy to discern.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 09:31 AM   #4
Breathless Horror

I'm decently fond of Nirvana, but the other bands bite XD

Welcome to the boards!

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 09:42 AM   #5
Stormtrooper of Death

I used to like Nirvana. Not any more. Check out the music forums please, MCR sucks ass. Welcome.
Old 03-01-2008, 12:42 PM   #6
Lolly PopMuzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by youcancoughonmeagain
Hi. Everyone where I live treats me like a freak or entertainment and that sucks alot of ass. But that's life...I guess.
That ish doesn't sit well with me one bit but welcome nonetheless. Yay, another black folk!

With the first statement in mind check out this thread: https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=9871

And the recommendations on the literary board won't hurt either. If you swing by the music forum, stop at the new music threads because being in the rectum of The Batcave so often can be quite stifling.
Lolly PopMuzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 02:53 PM   #7
Pantherlette086

Welcome. I <3 DevilDriver. What part of tx u from? I used to live in Houston.
Pantherlette086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 12:08 PM   #8
Wormboy

Sacrament album is fantastic by Lamb of God. My Chemical Romance is a band not very liked on these boards, and Nirvana is not too bad a band, but I'm not impressed by them at all. Foo Fighters > Nirvana.

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 12:21 PM   #9
youcancoughonmeagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherlette086
Welcome. I <3 DevilDriver. What part of tx u from? I used to live in Houston.

I'm from north of Dallas(Mckinney), but no one knows where it is, so I just say Dallas.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:22 PM   #10
youcancoughonmeagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus
Civilian! Hardly, but I can't really say I'm a fan of your music tastes either among other things but welcome. As for your gender from your picture I found it rather easy to discern.
Among other things? What is that supposed to mean? What else can you not be a fan of? This is my first post...
Old 03-03-2008, 12:23 PM   #11
bleedingheart344

You make me want to kick things.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:35 PM   #12
youcancoughonmeagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly PopMuzik
That ish doesn't sit well with me one bit but welcome nonetheless. Yay, another black folk!

With the first statement in mind check out this thread:

And the recommendations on the literary board won't hurt either. If you swing by the music forum, stop at the new music threads because being in the rectum of The Batcave so often can be quite stifling.
It doesn't sit well with me either. I'm the one living it.

That thread for noobs and their whining about being "different" doesn't apply to my situation. The statement about people treating me like a freak or entertainment does not refer to my clothing. It's about living in a town where I hear "nigg*r" and "porchmonkey" on a daily basis. Skin color and hair texture is not a "choice", you're born with it.

My intro wasn't really a request for approval of anything I like or posted, it's self disclosure. My favorite bands are MY FAVORITE for a reason. It doesn't really matter if everyone else thinks they suck. I'm not forcing anyone to buy their entire collection of albums.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:38 PM   #13
youcancoughonmeagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormboy
Sacrament album is fantastic by Lamb of God. My Chemical Romance is a band not very liked on these boards, and Nirvana is not too bad a band, but I'm not impressed by them at all. Foo Fighters > Nirvana.
The "Killadelphia" DVD is pretty amazing as well. I saw them at Ozzfest last year and they made me super happy.

Oh, and me and mychem have an understanding...no one else is supposed to like them.

RIP-Kurt
Old 03-03-2008, 12:39 PM   #14
youcancoughonmeagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingheart344
You make me want to kick things.
Glad I could help.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:41 PM   #15
youcancoughonmeagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
I used to like Nirvana. Not any more. Check out the music forums please, MCR sucks ass. Welcome.

Thanks.

Me, mychem, AND Nirvana will spend the rest of our days "Rocking out just for the dead"

----that's a good song btw..."Desert Song"
Old 03-03-2008, 12:47 PM   #16
youcancoughonmeagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bete Noire
Welcome. I love Donnie Darko and Lost Boys.

Your favourite bands suck though:P

Check out the music forum.
It's not like that's ALL I listen to...I'm not COMPLETELY consumed by them.
I'm also a fan of(but not limited to):

Damian Marley,Statix-X,Rancid, Lars Frederiksen and the Bastards, Cream, Arch Enemy, Bob Dylan, Fu Manchu, Overseer, Elefant, Devendra Banhart, Chris Garneau, TEGAN AND SARA!!!

SLC punk is overrated too
Old 03-03-2008, 12:48 PM   #17
youcancoughonmeagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathless Horror
I'm decently fond of Nirvana, but the other bands bite XD

Welcome to the boards!
heh heh

thanks.
Old 03-03-2008, 01:10 PM   #18
Bete Noire

Quote:
Damian Marley,Statix-X,Rancid, Lars Frederiksen and the Bastards, Cream, Arch Enemy, Bob Dylan, Fu Manchu, Overseer, Elefant, Devendra Banhart, Chris Garneau, TEGAN AND SARA!!!

SLC punk is overrated too
Your music taste still sucks. Goth being a musical style and all, might be an idea to like at least some goth rock...Just a thought.
Old 03-03-2008, 01:24 PM   #19
Underwater Ophelia

Bete, she never claimed to be goth, and it's pointless to like goth rock just to fit in.

I LIKE YOU, NEW PERSON.
You seem smart and interesting. Ignore everyone else, I like you.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:33 PM   #20
Bete Noire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
Bete, she never claimed to be goth, and it's pointless to like goth rock just to fit in.

I LIKE YOU, NEW PERSON.
I know she didn't. She just rubbed me the wrong way with the whole "I'm a tortured artist most of the time and post songs on my myspace about how I hate the world" thing. Also, "Fuck the world, alot of people gotta die tonight. Fuck the world, kill em' all..." on her profile didn't help.
Old 03-03-2008, 01:48 PM   #21
youcancoughonmeagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bete Noire
I know she didn't. She just rubbed me the wrong way with the whole "I'm a tortured artist most of the time and post songs on my myspace about how I hate the world" thing. Also, "Fuck the world, alot of people gotta die tonight. Fuck the world, kill em' all..." on her profile didn't help.
A) Those are lyrics from an Anti-Flag song called "One Trillion Dollars", but I wouldn't expect you to know that.

B) Lighten up. So quick to judge here.

C) "I'm a tortured artist most of the time and post songs on my myspace about how much I hate the world"----that was a JOKE. I do write alot of songs and post them on my myspace though. IT'S FUN!!! I don't censor my lyrics there either so, I wouldn't advise you to go...you might get your feelings hurt.

I joined b/c I do enjoy the darker aspects of art/movies/whatnot associated w/ "gothic" culture. I'm not trying to please people, I'm really not. I don't see why I should have to review my profile info to make sure you're okay with it. That's the way I feel and I can't express it if I like. It's not hurting anyone.
Old 03-03-2008, 01:53 PM   #22
youcancoughonmeagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia

I LIKE YOU, NEW PERSON.
I don't know much about "goth rock". It is something I'm interested in and that WOULD be a reason to hit the music forums, not because everyone decided that my music sucks...

I like all types of music....well not ALL, I can't deal with the "betches and hos" rap...or jazz, ahaha

PS-I'm loving the welcome =)
Old 03-03-2008, 01:55 PM   #23
Wormboy

Quote:
I don't know much about "goth rock". It is something I'm interested in and that WOULD be a reason to hit the music forums, not because everyone decided that my music sucks...

I like all types of music....well not ALL, I can't deal with the "betches and hos" rap...or jazz, ahaha

PS-I'm loving the welcome =)
AWW!!! not t3h jazzorz!!!1!!!1!! Hahah you have it pretty easy compared to some welcomes.

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 05:53 PM   #24
Lolly PopMuzik

Quote:
It doesn't sit well with me either. I'm the one living it.

That thread for noobs and their whining about being "different" doesn't apply to my situation. The statement about people treating me like a freak or entertainment does not refer to my clothing. It's about living in a town where I hear "nigg*r" and "porchmonkey" on a daily basis. Skin color and hair texture is not a "choice", you're born with it.

My intro wasn't really a request for approval of anything I like or posted, it's self disclosure. My favorite bands are MY FAVORITE for a reason. It doesn't really matter if everyone else thinks they suck. I'm not forcing anyone to buy their entire collection of albums.
You gotta let it all wash out like an old school American Gladiator's career. As for your likes and dislikes, it doesn't matter. I quite like your movies and Tegan and Sara's bits on MTV were cute. I'm just obligated to pimp my new music topic so more people can add to it.

Just repeat to yourself "It's just a forum, I should really just relax."

All I get are usually just perplexed stares and glares but I don't worry about it because they have no bearing on my life, which is mine to live and no one else's.

And whoever can't tell that you're a woman fails something terrible.
Lolly PopMuzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 07:35 PM   #25
Stormtrooper of Death

How is SLC punk overrated? That movie rocked my socks! Seriously, it was a good movie.