Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 02-24-2012, 12:57 PM   #1
Sans Agendvm

Joseph Merrick: The Elephant Jerk

It's a common misconception that Joseph Merrick, The Elephant Man, was ostracized due to his appearance. In truth, people didn't mind his looks so much as his noteworthy douchey behavior.

He would run the streets, slapping women on the bottom and proclaiming "SUCKERS!" while throwing up the shocker to small children. This went on for years. Every. Single. Day. Among his other escapades are public drunkenness and the drowning of many a neighbor's pet cats.

An acquaintance once wrote his diary: "I felt sorry for poor Joseph, because of his condition, and once invited him to tea. He seemed kind enough at first and even pulled out my chair for me. Then as I sat down he withdrew the chair further, causing me to land square on my backside! The nerve! He then grabbed me by the ankle, spun me around and pantsed me in front of the rest of our company. I was mortified. Joseph then held up his little finger along with his index and middle finger and proclaimed 'I am not an animal...... PSYCHE! Tell em J.M. sent ya, SUCKAAA!' and strutted out of the diner. "

It can be safely assumed by such account that the Elephant Man was not just named because of his features, but because of what a huge butthead he was.

Joseph Merrick; Elephant size Jerk.
Sans Agendvm is offline   Reply With Quote