Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 04-21-2012, 01:12 PM   #7251
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
Bleh my stomach feels crappy, I shouldn't have eaten so much cake last night but it was sooooo yummy I just couldn't help it
Payback for teasing us with it:P I hope it goes away quickly.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:11 PM   #7252
CrimsonPythonidae

I'm having a seriously bad day. No, actually a bad week. I don't think my boyfriend and I are compatible enough. It's becoming a really sad situation and I don't know what to do. I know my options but I don't know which one to go for. I am always either depressed or anxious.
CrimsonPythonidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:48 AM   #7253
Angelic Dissonance2

I've been plagued by all this knowledge I have--this skewed perspective on human existence. I feel like I've thought too much about it, and now my perspective on life and death is broken. I... I'm not going crazy, but it feels like it. Like anyone else who spent a day in my head wouldn't be able to take it.

I guarantee no one who reads this will genuinely know what I'm talking about.
Angelic Dissonance2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:28 PM   #7254
MissCheyenne

I'm not losing any weight at all. I'm already eating less than 1200 calories a day as it is and now I'm being told I have to eat even less as obviously, my body is resisting. What the actual fuck.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:37 PM   #7255
Solumina

Jacob was supposed to get an hour on the phone today but some of the guys in his division were dumbasses the other day and as punishment for their stupid fuckery everyone's phone time was cut to 15 minutes.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:38 PM   #7256
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCheyenne View Post
I'm not losing any weight at all. I'm already eating less than 1200 calories a day as it is and now I'm being told I have to eat even less as obviously, my body is resisting. What the actual fuck.
By whom? I'm pretty sure less than that is dangerous, are you seeing a registered dietician?

When you starve yourself, your body will often hold on to fat because it thinks a famine is on the way.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:40 PM   #7257
Saya

Quote:
Jacob was supposed to get an hour on the phone today but some of the guys in his division were dumbasses the other day and as punishment for their stupid fuckery everyone's phone time was cut to 15 minutes.
Collective punishment in the army always freaks me out.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:43 PM   #7258
MissCheyenne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
By whom? I'm pretty sure less than that is dangerous, are you seeing a registered dietician?

When you starve yourself, your body will often hold on to fat because it thinks a famine is on the way.
Yeah, I'm seeing a proper dietician at the hospital. Even he is wondering why I'm not losing any weight given what I'm actually eating. I'm also doing as much as I can manage in terms of physical exercise so it's a bit strange that no weight at all is coming off. The only thing I can think is that my medications are having more influence than I thought.

I am your slice of pie
Old 04-25-2012, 01:47 PM   #7259
Murder.Of.Crows

Maybe your trading fat for muscle?
Old 04-25-2012, 01:54 PM   #7260
Solumina

Saya I hate it, it is really making things hard on Jake as he has been performing pretty well (same is true of most of the guys in his division) but there are these couple of fuckheads who are making life hell for everyone. I understand the whole "a chain is only as strong as its weakest link" mentality but when it is something that is happening over and over again it is completely demoralizing for those who are performing well.

MC medications can make a huge difference. A couple of years ago I switch birth control brands and I gained about 15 lbs in two months, switched back to my old brand and the weight came off pretty quickly.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 04-25-2012, 02:00 PM   #7261
Saya

Quote:
Saya I hate it, it is really making things hard on Jake as he has been performing pretty well (same is true of most of the guys in his division) but there are these couple of fuckheads who are making life hell for everyone. I understand the whole "a chain is only as strong as its weakest link" mentality but when it is something that is happening over and over again it is completely demoralizing for those who are performing well.
The thing is they want everyone to be angry at the fuck ups to encourage solidarity and loyalty. When my professor was training in 68 he said that they buried the fuck ups up to their chins.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:08 PM   #7262
Solumina

Yeah, I know, up until recently "blanket parties" were a popular way to encourage the fuck ups to straighten up but now anything close to touching them is very much against the rules, I mean it still happens to a degree and most RDCs will look the other way but someone like Jake, who is pretty by the book, isn't going to consider it.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 04-25-2012, 02:21 PM   #7263
Murder.Of.Crows

I guess I had the luxury of not having any fuck ups in my unit. However I did forget to do the laundry one night and had a stern yelling at for it.

Edit: Forgot to mention, that at times it seemed like us getting in trouble was something planned at the beginning. They would punish us for something completely stupid, or we would be Pt'ed to near death for something the unit across from us did if things started to get to quite. We had the whole 15 minute phone call thing because our marching wasn't spot on 100%.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:34 PM   #7264
Solumina

I keep forgetting you were (are?) in the military, I don't know why.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 04-25-2012, 02:36 PM   #7265
Murder.Of.Crows

Quote:
I keep forgetting you were (are?) in the military, I don't know why.
I don't really make it a big part of my character.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:55 PM   #7266
Solumina

I like to think of myself as being independent and self-reliant but with Jake gone I have become completely useless. I have no energy, I can't focus on anything, I can hardly keep track of what day it is, I get overwhelmed by the smallest things, and I keep crying all the god damn time. I'd estimate that I'm getting around five or six hours of sleep a week, which is really, really not healthy and I'm sure that is only serving to make my emotional state all the worse. I just sit on the couch when I get home from work and dick around in the internet or watch something on netflix, maybe getting up to fix myself some food, usually whatever is the easiest thing to fix, sometimes I just look at the refrigerator and decide that making food is too much work so I grab a granola bar, but other than that I can't seem to find the energy to move.

Eventually I'll will myself to go to bed, at which point I cannot seem to stay still and I end up rolling about, getting tangled up in blankets, and constantly flipping over my pillow because it feels too warm. I don't do this for a little while, until I finally fall asleep, I do this for hours, perhaps getting up to pace around or make some pathetic attempt to straighten up because I can't stand to stay in bed any longer. Then I quickly wear myself out and climb back into bed and promptly start tossing around again until my alarm goes off. Last night I was in bed before midnight and my alarm didn't go off until 11:00am, you would think I would have at least gotten a few hours of sleep but nope, not me. I have exhausted every insomnia cure or therapy that has worked for me in the past but nothing is helping.

I know he is going through something so much worse, he is cut off from everyone, in a strange place, eating next to nothing, physically and emotionally exhausted every day, all with absolutely none of the comforts of home so how god damn pathetic do I have to be to be falling apart just because he isn't here?
-Carbon Leaf
Old 04-25-2012, 10:05 PM   #7267
Versus

Would you like to talk?
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:12 PM   #7268
Solumina

Honestly what I want more than anything is for someone to hug me really tightly and let me cry myself to sleep on their shoulder.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 04-25-2012, 10:17 PM   #7269
Solumina

I know I'll get through this and everything, I just don't know why I'm having such a hard time. We've been apart for months at a time before and it isn't like I don't have loving supportive friends and family but I still feel so fucking isolated, which is incredibly stupid and I hate myself for feeling that way.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 04-25-2012, 10:30 PM   #7270
Solumina

On top of that I know that his family misses him dearly, I don't think he has ever been away from them for more than a couple of weeks, even when he was in school they were just around the corner and would come up to take us out to dinner or have us over to their house, I know his mom is having an especially hard time dealing with him being gone, so I feel really selfish whining to them about how much I miss him. My family on the other hand is super worried that I'm going to fall back into depression, which in their minds depression=wanting to die, even though I never made a single suicide attempt so I don't want them to know how bad it is because then they will spend all of their time worrying about me, especially my mother as she is already semi-freaking out about me because she knows I cried once.

As for friends I have realized that I have all of one really, really good friend in the area and she is great for advice and stuff but she is really rational about everything so the whole just being there for someone while they are crying thing doesn't work out too well. Hopefully going back home and visiting my friends there will help.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 04-25-2012, 10:32 PM   #7271
Solumina

So really to answer your question: no I don't want to talk, I want to have a pity party and beat AC for the title of the emoest emo kid.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 04-25-2012, 11:06 PM   #7272
Fruitbat

Sol - only natural for you to feel that way. Jake will be through his training soon. Try and fill your days with something, look forward to the phone calls and just think about the great sex/hugs/kisses you'll have when the two of you are together again.

I used to feel like that when MrBat went away for work. I'd be all friggin' miserable, but then I got to the point where I got sick of myself for being all emo, and started to enjoy it but then I'm pretty content with my own company.

Ugh... I need to work on job applications... shit.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:15 AM   #7273
Solumina

Spent an hour crying and hugging my adorable bat pillow, then distracted myself with cracked articles for another hour. I feel remarkably better.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 04-26-2012, 08:33 AM   #7274
MissCheyenne

I kinda wish I hadn't already read the Song of Ice and Fire books because it's spoiling my enjoyment of the tv show Game of Thrones because I already know what's going to happen. Plus I really have to bite my tongue so I don't give out spoilers to the people who I know haven't read the books.

I am your slice of pie
Old 04-26-2012, 04:14 PM   #7275
Fruitbat

Quote:
Spent an hour crying and hugging my adorable bat pillow, then distracted myself with cracked articles for another hour. I feel remarkably better.
yah!

I had one of those mornings when everything went wrong. Actually had one of those nights where all babybat wanted to do was sleep with him mum, so it was a case of trying to get some alone time with MrBat and then comfort babybat, and he was restless last night - of course you can't go to sleep while they are awake (unless you want to find the house smeared in nappy cream), so I was lying there wide awake for half the night until he settled.

Then I had one of those mornings, where everything that could go wrong did and I'm still cleaning up from it... sigh...

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote