Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Literature

Literature Please come visit. People get upset, write poetry about it, and post it here. Sometimes we also talk about books.

Old 08-20-2020, 09:55 PM   #1
TrivialMorose

250 Years of Pouring

To celebrate my 250th post, I am spotting this pretty looking book which I haven't even read.

Quote:
What is the Gothic? A genre, a style, a movement, a subculture? The Gothic is all of this, and so much more; it is one of the most enduring and fertile artistic traditions in the history of modern civilization. Since the publication of "The Castle of Otranto" by Horace Walpole in December 1764, the Gothic has constantly rejuvenated and reinvented itself, taking on new forms while remaining true to its aesthetic principles.

From old castles to futuristic cities, from corrupt priests to urban predators, from medieval poetry to modern rock, the Gothic evolved over the centuries, transforming the popular culture in the process. Like Frankenstein’s creature, the Gothic is alive and one can feel its beating heart in every art form and media.

This guide provides an overview covering all facets of the Gothic culture, from its philosophical basis to its practical applications in literature, comic books, cinema and television, music, games, digital art, and fashion.

Sounds like something you might give your mom to make her understand this new phase you're going through, eh?
Actually, it doesn't sound all that bad. I'd definitely start reading it if it just magically fell unto my lap.

Buy it right now on Amazon where Mr. Gothic and others give it five stars!

Quote:
Excellent!! 5-STARS!!! Blakemont does a fantastic job of summarizing centuries of Gothic works into this concise and highly informative book. Blakemont covers the entire spectrum of Gothic; from literature, film, music, art, to even political and or social issues of individuals who openly identify themselves as "Goths." While there are many books out there on the subject of "The Gothic," I have yet to read any that feature as much vision, informed research and are as current as this superlative Gothic "encyclopedia." Highest Recommendation!
Woo, 250 posts of triviality!
TrivialMorose is offline   Reply With Quote