Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

View Poll Results: Skinny, Average, or Fat?
Skinny girls that have no fat 11 9.82%
Average girls with curves and just a touch of fat 95 84.82%
Down right fat chicks 6 5.36%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-09-2006, 10:04 PM   #151
Pyre

Haha, Jillian, you barely weigh more than I do. But, you're undoubtedly much taller than me, so therefore you are much skinnier :P

I weigh in around 98 lbs at 5'0".

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 03:49 AM   #152
Minyaliel

I'm all in for average, both for girls and guys. And, even though looks do matter somewhat to me, it's usually someone's personality that makes me fall in love with that person.

I can't understand why people complain so much about their weight... or even count calories and such. I'm like the cookie monster when it comes to food, still I'm very often complimented because of my figure. The costume designer of my last production even said she thought I had a perfect figure. I'm not so sure about that; I guess I'm pretty average with my 173 cm and 73 kg.
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 07:09 PM   #153
MotherofMercies

Cruvey, with a touch of fat.
MotherofMercies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 03:35 PM   #154
honeythorn

I am obese. I go to slimming classes and I have joined a gym, but I doubt it will work. I'm 5'4 and 15 1/2 stone ( 217 lbs). I also have mild acne .Attractive. This is exactly the reason the only photos of me on here are headshots taken from an angle ( to lessen the enormity of my chins) .
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 11:40 AM   #155
asta_tintora

Location: To the south of one thing, to the east of that one, and slightly to the right.
Hm, really it just comes down to porportion. You can be quite fetching at any size, really. The girl I really like is probably no bigger than a size 2, naturally so. She struggles to put on weight, I wish she weren't so frail. *sigh* I worry about her sometimes (for health problems other than weight.) The guy I am engaged to is about 250, with the most fetching eyes I've ever seen. Really, all just depends.
asta_tintora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 11:57 AM   #156
MollyMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn
I am obese. I go to slimming classes and I have joined a gym, but I doubt it will work. I'm 5'4 and 15 1/2 stone ( 217 lbs). I also have mild acne .Attractive. This is exactly the reason the only photos of me on here are headshots taken from an angle ( to lessen the enormity of my chins) .
Not trying to be a bitch here, but if you think the gym won't work, then it won't work. Why do you feel that you will fail at this? It's all baby steps. It's better to make small changes over a lober time than a sharp change immediately. One is a change of lifestyle and easy integration- the other is a bitchslap to your system. You can kick as sif you believe you can, and if you take first one step, then the other.
MollyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 02:11 PM   #157
DarkHeartedDemoness

Quote:
Originally Posted by asta_tintora
Hm, really it just comes down to porportion. You can be quite fetching at any size, really. The girl I really like is probably no bigger than a size 2, naturally so. She struggles to put on weight, I wish she weren't so frail. *sigh* I worry about her sometimes (for health problems other than weight.) The guy I am engaged to is about 250, with the most fetching eyes I've ever seen. Really, all just depends.
The girl you like... and the guy you are engaged to?

Sounds complicated.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 02:24 PM   #158
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I know that complicated sitaution. The girl I really like, and the guy I am engaged to. It was quite complicated, but she really played with me. Toyed with my emotions. She never cared about me at all.

Whatever, I love my man, so it's okay.

But anyways, the guy I am with is a tad pudgy. But I love that. I tend to not go for oober skinny guys or girls. Like if they're anorexic or something. But otherwise is they're healthy, it's alright with me.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 02:29 PM   #159
DarkHeartedDemoness

Oy. I'm glad my love life isn't that complicated. I wouldn't know what to do!

I was once with a guy who was thinner than I was at the time. He was also kind of weight-obsessed... Long story short, I became compulsive about everything I ate, and I counted calories eaten and burned. I don't know if I would have been as compulsive if he hadn't had the obsession, but I do feel like I would feel huge if I were with a guy skinnier than me.

My ex-girlfriend was SLIGHTLY skinnier than me, but for some reason I didn't feel as pressured to lose weight. I don't know if she made me more comfortable with myself, if it was her personality, or if it was the gender difference. I honestly couldn't tell you.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 05:30 PM   #160
asta_tintora

Location: To the south of one thing, to the east of that one, and slightly to the right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crying_Crimson_Tears
I know that complicated sitaution. The girl I really like, and the guy I am engaged to. It was quite complicated, but she really played with me. Toyed with my emotions. She never cared about me at all.

Whatever, I love my man, so it's okay.
Ha ha, me too. Nice to know I'm not the only one that had that sticky situation.

In any case, interesting that you say you didn't feel the need to lose weight with one lover over another. My current beau loves the way I look. Of course, I took this to heart and silly me gained more weight than I wanted over the year, but eh. Now I've noticed my attitude has changed. I'm exercising because I enjoy it, versus just trying to fit into another size or relieve the pressure from my big ego. It's always nice when someone appreciates you. Really, for me anyway, it helped me view some things in a new light.
asta_tintora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 02:16 AM   #161
TLZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero
As long as your weight isn't interfering with your health, people should just be happy with the size they are. All sizes can be beautiful, but usually only if they're natural.
Amen.

I still have som prefferences 'tho. I like women to have curves, so that leaves out the skinny ones really. (No offence, just my personal taste.) I like women who have a more lush body, a little extra doesen't matter. Average is fine too. But very very skinny isn't my thing. (I've never really fallen for anyone that have a completely flat tummy... )

I don't like to use the expression "fat" since it has a awful negative assosciation to it. It's very sad todays anorexic ideals makes most of these feel bad about themselves because they don't live to the media-created so called "standards". If they lived in early barouqe they'de be winners of beauty-pagents. But really, the idea of an ideal in it's own right is just down right sad. As long as people's healthy they should be able to have any body they want.

The pools sucks(no offence). It's very generalizing and I mean, there's a loooot more variations than you've given as choices. You can only choose between two extremes and one average. (Casue what you call "with curces and just a touch of fat" well... that's what in fact IS average. Only the media fool us to think otherwise.)
TLZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 05:16 AM   #162
raggedyanne

Everdyday the media (and majority of my peers) portray super skinny, tall, and C cup boobs as hot. It’s #1 impossible by nature and #2 makes girls wonder why their guys complain about their low self esteem.
I get a lot of crap for being 5’3” and 128pounds with big thighs and skinny wrists and that sucks. I’m not exactly happy with my weight, but at least I have curves. My metabolism runs about as fast as the first powered car did so I wear a size 5-7. I know, over average but whatever.
I like taller guys but due to my height that’s not hard to find. Weight doesn’t really matter to me. The nicest guy I ever dated was really heavy, but sweet. The only skinny/mucular/model dude I ever dated turned out to be a comple bastard, so heavier guys are always a better option I think. Or latin guys who actually appreciate curvy girls, plus they’re all so HOT!
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.

Last edited by raggedyanne; 01-10-2007 at 05:18 AM. Reason: moment of stupidity
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 05:48 AM   #163
Tumor

I went with average, but that' not quite right. I like girls with a bit more than "just a touch of fat," but I'm not into actually fat girls.

Thick girls, I guess you could say.
Tumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 01:33 PM   #164
PoupeeCelestia

Location: Lapiland =) quite a nice place with purple mountains and that kind of stuff...
I´m a girl. But I love to see nude art (specially womens), and I preffer the normal average body type...
Being a skinny girl it´s almost impossible these days, due to the amount of fat that food has (no matter if the package says "fat free", that´s CRAP), and the lack of exercise...most of todays skinny girls have the genetic inheritance to be thin. And diets...omfg...they all suck, you and anyone (except hollywood stars) is going live all his life dieting.
Be happy with what your have, and accept yourself.
PoupeeCelestia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 12:53 AM   #165
girasol

Most of the relationships that have worked out for me... they have been skinnier than me. I think its because when I have an argument I don't like physical intimidation adding to anything. I have no idea.
Once I dated someone with quite a visible gut. It was lovely.
Everything depends.
I used to be with people much less attractive because I was under the impression that they had better personalities. I also think I was trying to prove a point to myself - that I could date anyone if they were lovely.
Now. I don't care.
girasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 10:08 AM   #166
Steele_Mistress

Though I am female and do not date females, I am proud that I am average and have curves. Can I say that I've never wanted to drop a few lbs? Of course not, but I do NOT like the look of those twiggy girls that I could break over my knee. It's just..ugly [no offense to any of you that are this way].
Steele_Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 05:30 AM   #167
Apathy's_Child

There is no answer to this question. Not only do different people like different things, but the same person can often like both. For me, it's more about staying within the boundaries of good health - emaciated and obese are equally unattractive in different ways, just as slender and curvy can both be sexy as hell depending on the girl.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 03:14 PM   #168
masquerade

Honestly I don't think I even look at the body much. I'm a sucker for a pretty face, the rest is bonus. As long as you're comfortable with yourself and think you look good... then I will think you look good too.
masquerade is offline   Reply With Quote