Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 12-26-2005, 05:17 PM   #26
Inky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
Right for a start do not, copy rosie from coronation street please, NOT cool
I'm guessing she's the girl goth? I've only seen the Coronation Street Goths a few times, but they crack me up every time.

I remember one that was on last week, where the two goths were discussing their lifestyles, and the guy was saying, "No, we can't do that anymore -- that's not goth!"

I swear, those scriptwriters know less about "goths" than I do.

Anywho, back to the topic. Darkangel29, those are some sexy boots. They're like my beloved Converse, but with heels stuck on. Nice!
Inky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 06:55 PM   #27
Infiniitivi

I like to wear flip-flops that I spray painted gold.

Not so much "goth" as it is streetwalker fashion.
Infiniitivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 10:23 PM   #28
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inky
I'm guessing she's the girl goth? I've only seen the Coronation Street Goths a few times, but they crack me up every time.

I remember one that was on last week, where the two goths were discussing their lifestyles, and the guy was saying, "No, we can't do that anymore -- that's not goth!"

I swear, those scriptwriters know less about "goths" than I do.

Anywho, back to the topic. Darkangel29, those are some sexy boots. They're like my beloved Converse, but with heels stuck on. Nice!

I do have to give the makers of Malcolm in the Middle props for knowing that goths listen to Ministry( cuz Hallowe'en is everyday, babies!). It definately looked like someone had done some research.

What? I'm not a thread-jacker!

<_<

>_>

>_<
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 04:14 AM   #29
euclis_dian

I have the Demonia 8-inch platform. and the demonia combat-ish leather-made strap one. That one looks rreeaallly kick ass and can be used either for a Goth-y look or a punk look.

The heeled one can be used for a EGL look or female cross dressing goth look.
euclis_dian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 06:35 AM   #30
gothic-serenity

i havent bothered to buy the good goth boots or combat boots because the last pair that i spent a fortune on (trivium <3) my sister (one of those gangsters) threw em out, so im stuck with my all black converse (with the additional sharpie marker writing) until i can buy another pair...*sigh* how i miss my boots :'(
gothic-serenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 01:20 PM   #31
Rhapsody

I love my New Rocks. They are the only club-worthy boots I own that are comfortable enought to wear for hours on end. My cheeper club boots have to be worn until my toes go numb before I can walk gracefully.
Otherwise I have a set of lace-up riding boots that I use for everyday wear. It's amazing how much of my wardrobe comes from the western store.
Rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 02:01 PM   #32
Tall One In Black

I think it's funny that you ask if you "need" New Rocks. In my experience, very few people in America have even heard of New Rock boots.

I love my New Rocks. I would wear them every day if I could.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:03 PM   #33
Needled

I've been wearing dirty converse for 2 years. Other than that i have some polka dot flats. I'm not very big on shoes: I waltz around barefoot.
Needled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 02:36 PM   #34
She_Is_My_Sin

How can anyone dislike New Rocks? They're so comfy & make you a hell of a lot taller & ...fierce-ish when you need to be (bad reason...but I look quite young for my age.I need them as a defence!) I wear mine to school & never-ever tire of them.But I can't really wear them with delicate dresses.So I'm saving up for some knee high, black patent platform boots.They aren't much better but I felt that it was time for some girly boots.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 07:04 PM   #35
dreamydancer

I blew some of my Christmas money on these man killers. Why did I buy these again since I hate vinyl? Oh yeah, because they look good. Coffin heels, gotta love them.
I’ll post some pics of me in them when I’m uber bored.

~Clan of Xymox
dreamydancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 08:40 AM   #36
Natasshha

Go to the thrifth store, goodwill or something, they have nice stuff tough!!!... I found nice books there, hehehe.... the shoe sucked but oh well...heheh
Natasshha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 08:54 AM   #37
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamydancer
I blew some of my Christmas money on these man killers. Why did I buy these again since I hate vinyl? Oh yeah, because they look good. Coffin heels, gotta love them.
I’ll post some pics of me in them when I’m uber bored.

Those are fucking HAWT!

That is all.
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 10:16 AM   #38
She_Is_My_Sin

They're abit like the one's I was planning to buy...I might just look around Camden for that second-hand boot stall.The boots there were quite cheap.
Old 02-12-2006, 12:54 PM   #39
She_Is_My_Sin

I'm getting these boots! I need to give my poor New Rocks a break

Old 02-12-2006, 02:29 PM   #40
Iriacynthe

Who cares if your shoes are goth, as long as you like them and they match your style, they're cool.

I don't like New Rocks either, I just prefer simple shoes, like ballerina's, or elegant but comfortable boots.
Some shoes that I really like, and that do look rather gothy:

Iriacynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 08:05 AM   #41
Whisper

Just wear whatever shoes you want and like. I have a pair of new rocks, but i have them becasue I love them, not because they are "goth". They are beautiful knee high stilletos with pointy toes and purple flames and lots of chains.

On the more girly side I have some gorgeous knee high black satin boots with a very thin stiletto and ribbon up the front, and I want some very high red court shoes as I gave mine away due to them being too big.

Just wear whatever you like and is your style. If you like converse, then wear converse, if you like high pointy heels like me, then wear high pointy heels, just do it because that is what you like, not because it is supposedly more goth
Whisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 08:15 AM   #42
Lady Ravenna

I pretty much wear these black velvet stilettos when in the Victorian mood and combat boots when not trying to be fancy. But wear what you like, Darling.
Lady Ravenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 09:34 AM   #43
sheridan

np: Siouxsie and the Banshees - Peek-a-Boo (live)

Quote:
Originally Posted by She_Is_My_Sin
How can anyone dislike New Rocks? They're so comfy & make you a hell of a lot taller & ...fierce-ish when you need to be
I dislike New Rocks, with a passion. Let me count the ways...
1) If I'm going to wear heavy branding then I want them to pay me, not the other way around.
2) I'm tall enough already, why would I want to be any taller?
3) I've lost count of the number of friends who have complained that their New Rocks have fallen apart after only a month or so.
4) If you want to buy a decent pair of boots these days you can't, because all the shops only stock New Rocks.
5) I don't want to look 'fierce'.
sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 11:12 AM   #44
Iriacynthe

And I think they're just goddamn ugly.
Iriacynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 11:45 AM   #45
Queenofdarkness57

Converses are the best! YEY! The most comfortable and cutest shoes ever! In addition to that, the older the better! Rock on CONVERSE!
Old 02-13-2006, 12:03 PM   #46
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheridan
3) I've lost count of the number of friends who have complained that their New Rocks have fallen apart after only a month or so.
I've never heard of New Rocks falling apart with normal wear. I have a friend that's had a couple of pairs that he wears on a regular basis and they still look almost new. I always figure that the shoes you buy will last as long as you treat them properly.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 03:10 PM   #47
Tall One In Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheridan
4) If you want to buy a decent pair of boots these days you can't, because all the shops only stock New Rocks.
Not in America. New Rocks are practically impossible to find here. I ordered mine from London.
Old 02-14-2006, 05:26 AM   #48
sheridan

np: Nine Inch Nails - Dead Souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
Why not? I love being a tall woman. I like to wear heels to make myself taller.
I bang my head on enough low doorways as it is - I'd end up with brain damage if I wore platform boots...
Old 02-14-2006, 05:28 AM   #49
sheridan

np: Siouxsie and the Banshees - Dear Prudence (live)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
I've never heard of New Rocks falling apart with normal wear. I have a friend that's had a couple of pairs that he wears on a regular basis and they still look almost new. I always figure that the shoes you buy will last as long as you treat them properly.
I always treat my boots with care, but I do know of plenty of instances where New Rocks had bits fall off after just a month (once even less than that). That pair weren't even worn during the week - just at the weekend!
Old 02-14-2006, 05:29 AM   #50
sheridan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall One In Black
Not in America. New Rocks are practically impossible to find here. I ordered mine from London.
If you lived in London then the story would be reversed - I once spent a day in Camden looking for a decent pair of boots, and every single shop I went in just had New Rocks (apart from the Doc Marten shop, obviously).