Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 09-01-2006, 03:47 PM   #276
GreenSleeves

I try to keep it simple - I tend to go for classic pieces in dark colours (black, violet, deep greens) and whites. A lot of fitted black jackets, knee length skirts... and I always wear boots or flats.
GreenSleeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 07:50 AM   #277
kitten

I wear really odd cloths, lol. I made some of them, I DIY some of them, making them look nothing like how they did before, and I find odd, quirky things i find at the thrift shop. I also shop at Hot Topic cause its the only thing near me, lol. I literally live an hour away from any kind of shopping place and daddy cant drive. plus, I have very little money. I love the Japanese style, like Brocade stuff and I also love the Ksche-pop (did i spell that right?) style, just really wierd, BRIGHT stuff, lol. and I also waer combat boots and jeans and corsets. (jeans and corsets work well for school). At school, i dress down, cause I hate people getting in my face, plus, I am a Junior and I am lazy and almost done with school and I dont have time to dress up for school. When I go out, I dress up really dramatic. lol. It all depends on my mood I guess.
Old 10-01-2006, 12:14 PM   #278
bleedingheart344

Well, for my homecoming dance, I am wearing a pair of black velvet pants, grey Velvet blazer, white dress shirt under it and a red tie, then my 5 inch platform boots, pinstripe hat, and a black cane.
Old 10-01-2006, 12:19 PM   #279
DarkHeartedDemoness

I'm in this really weird transition period right now. I really like grungy ripped jeans with a fishnet shirt and a band t-shirt with the sleeves torn off, but I just got my first real grownup job, and that's just not permissable. The problem is, I don't really have anything pretty and spooky that's work appropriate... All of my work appropriate gear is sweaters and things that were gifts from well-meaning relatives. It feels weird and awkward to spend 40 hours a week wearing clothing that I wouldn't pick out for myself. However, I got the job so I could pay rent on my first-ever apartment, and I just can't afford to buy new clothes right now. Luckily, since I can't buy anything just yet, I have time to plan out what, exactly, I'm looking to purchase. I'm thinking of looking for long black or dark red sweaters, specifically. I guess I could look at cowl necks... I love the way they drape, particularly when accented with several necklaces. It's getting cold, though, and I don't think a long-sleeved cowl would look all that great.
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 12:47 PM   #280
kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHeartedDemoness
I'm in this really weird transition period right now. I really like grungy ripped jeans with a fishnet shirt and a band t-shirt with the sleeves torn off, but I just got my first real grownup job, and that's just not permissable. The problem is, I don't really have anything pretty and spooky that's work appropriate... All of my work appropriate gear is sweaters and things that were gifts from well-meaning relatives. It feels weird and awkward to spend 40 hours a week wearing clothing that I wouldn't pick out for myself. However, I got the job so I could pay rent on my first-ever apartment, and I just can't afford to buy new clothes right now. Luckily, since I can't buy anything just yet, I have time to plan out what, exactly, I'm looking to purchase. I'm thinking of looking for long black or dark red sweaters, specifically. I guess I could look at cowl necks... I love the way they drape, particularly when accented with several necklaces. It's getting cold, though, and I don't think a long-sleeved cowl would look all that great.
the corperate goth thing is great! you should look for pinstripes. a great thing to wear to work is like black pants, a corset with a Cardigan overtop and some pretty victorian Jewlery. with a pair of matching slingbacks or somthing. you can shop pretty much anywhere they sell black to find corprate goth, lol.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:38 AM   #281
acid_wish

In reality I just put on whatever I happen to find in my room that's clean. Usually just jeans and a random t-shirt teamed with whatever sparklies and silverware I lay my hands on. Mainly because I get hand-me-downs or have to get really cheap stuff.

However in my ideal world, I think a mixture of velvets, lace and leather would be nice. A hybrid cross between a darker victorian version of a cockney (esp. cos I got Londoner roots!) which could easily be used in the workplace, and bits strewn in from the cyber/industrial, visual kei/fruits, oldschool goth and rocker and the geekier sides... somewhere between an androgynous poet, a biker and a lunatic. ^_^
acid_wish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 11:31 AM   #282
c130

Military, I guess. I've recently been going out wearing my New Rocks and my Tripp NYC trenchcoat over a pair of baggy green camo trousers and a khaki t-shirt, which works quite nicely. (My hair absolutely sucks right now though, no matter what I wear. I'd love it dyed electric pink or neon orange...) But really my general style is grab whatever's clean and put it on, then figure out how to make it slightly more interesting. Just so happens my entire collection of trousers consists of combats.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:20 PM   #283
Xan

I would have to say my style is coperate goth in the sense that I wear suits all black and most of my life takes place at work.
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 08:37 PM   #284
RobinGreenwood

Usually I wear some nice pants or jeans, white runners (they were on sale. A year and a half later, I can't afford new ones...), some sort of top where the level of casualness or dressiness depends on the day. Usually a nice t-shirt (not the generic style that guys wear but a girlier one. Not always). The t-shirt can be any color but I prefer black, red or muted colors.

My favorite thing to wear is a knee-length dress or skirt with fun tights, but the shoes I have aren't comfortable for lots of standing/walking with a pack. So I go for the comfy casual. I also like the schoolgirl look (brainwashing from 12 years in private school?), but I don't do it very often. Again, because the shoes are uncomfortable for all day.

Even more favorite, but completely inappropriate most of the time, is the elegant gown. but alas, we can't wear floor-length satin gowns to school (aside from the impracticality and ridicule, of which I mind neither...those blasted labs involving flame and...non intrusive clothing. I would love to see their face if I walked in with a wide crinoline gown...!!)
RobinGreenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 08:37 PM   #285
RobinGreenwood

Hee hee...speaking of my white runners...they do get looks when the rest of me is all black, including eyes and nails...
RobinGreenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 06:17 AM   #286
DarkHeartedDemoness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinGreenwood

Even more favorite, but completely inappropriate most of the time, is the elegant gown. but alas, we can't wear floor-length satin gowns to school (aside from the impracticality and ridicule, of which I mind neither...those blasted labs involving flame and...non intrusive clothing. I would love to see their face if I walked in with a wide crinoline gown...!!)
I used to, in high school. All the time, in fact. I liked to feel elegant, and I'd often wear a really fancy dress just so that it would be easier to get through the day. It's hard to be sad when you're wearing a ballgown. 'Course, I usually wore tennies with my gowns, and sometimes even hoodies... It's fun.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
Old 10-06-2006, 09:09 AM   #287
kitten

OMG, would wear big ball gowns toschool! i love wearing dresses. I just feel so pretty!
Old 10-06-2006, 09:25 PM   #288
Kieranasa

I am generally a jeans and t-shirt kind of person, but the t-shirts usually have taste to them, and not just at random.

Skirts and I dont get along, but when I do wear them, they are ALWAYS floor length. They make me feel all pretty and stuff, especially when I find one that I wear well.

As for color of clothing, I wear mostly black and white, but more white than black. It makes my eyes look so cool. Plus, I try to stand out from my other friends. Im not usually one to follow
Kieranasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 06:03 AM   #289
DarkHeartedDemoness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten
OMG, would wear big ball gowns toschool! i love wearing dresses. I just feel so pretty!
The Goodwill near my house has used formal dresses for $10... It's lovely.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
Old 10-19-2006, 05:24 PM   #290
DeathStalker

My style is "Draconian". Won't find the meaning don't e'en bother. Im influenced by the medieval ages and also write and speak(I care not what anyone thinks this is who I am and I shall speak the way I want). I dress mostly in Unisex clothing as I am an Androgyne and proud of't. I sometimes wear more masculine or more feminine depending on my mood. My hair is long and black (to my stomach now). I wear light silver/grey contacts which almost look white; and sometimes i wear white, with dark red eye make up around my eyes.
DeathStalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 07:22 PM   #291
kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHeartedDemoness
The Goodwill near my house has used formal dresses for $10... It's lovely.

lucky, lucky girl. I would buy as many as I could get my hand on, dye them black and thn ulter them to make them beautiful.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:24 PM   #292
kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathStalker
My style is "Draconian". Won't find the meaning don't e'en bother. Im influenced by the medieval ages and also write and speak(I care not what anyone thinks this is who I am and I shall speak the way I want). I dress mostly in Unisex clothing as I am an Androgyne and proud of't. I sometimes wear more masculine or more feminine depending on my mood. My hair is long and black (to my stomach now). I wear light silver/grey contacts which almost look white; and sometimes i wear white, with dark red eye make up around my eyes.

wow...your intrigueing. I love medievil clothes and style too. i love the speech too, but im too lazy to speak in it all the time.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:39 PM   #293
DeathStalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten
wow...your intrigueing. I love medievil clothes and style too. i love the speech too, but im too lazy to speak in it all the time.
I thank thee for thy sweet comments. Be not lazy do what thou wilt, speak what ye desire! Feel free.

DeathStalker
DeathStalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 06:21 AM   #294
NothinI'vBecom

Title? Make me!

[quote=peeves]I'm 16, and broke so what ever my parents are willing to buy.[quote]

Yeah, me 2. But I love my black nail polish. Kinda weird cause I'm a guy (and not gay!) I just love it. Here where I live ppl will do anything to dress like the "typical American" so dressing anything different than that is just plain wrong according to everyone.

O, and I love my oversized black jeans, ma black sneekers and black tops... (with a little yed or yellow here and there)
NothinI'vBecom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 05:44 PM   #295
X-Rose-Of-Your-Promise-X

Cool

At the moment Im wearing a misfits top and some plain black jeans...with a few shag bands on my wrists...the other day I wore a purple long sleeved top with a hood underneath an old KoRn t shirt, with some blue jeans that have rips right up to the back pockets with florescent green and black stripey tights and black skate shoes on XD. and yesterday I wore a 69 eyes top with some cut off school trousers with fishnet tights and dr martens yay, and a cradle of filth zip hoody. I hardly ever wear blue jeans I always wear my black drainpiped or plain black jeans, i wear tights quite alot, im a bloke but they just look really cool, and i always wear black eyeliner, i love what it does to a persons eyes, i occasionally wear black lipstik and lines coming down from my eyes at gigs and just when Im in the mood for that kinda thing. When performing live i wear very gothic outfits for one band and my other is a drag queen band Lol. My ex girlfriend got me into wearing make up...Yesh, anyway.
X-Rose-Of-Your-Promise-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 02:14 PM   #296
kitten

a black and white striped long sleeve top, with a Sally shirt overtop that says "whats your poison?" and a Piar of ripped jeans and my grey chucks.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:44 AM   #297
Shub-Yoggoth

I don't know if it's 'preppy' or not, but I'll probably open myself up. -_-
I wear dark clothing like red, black, green and burgundy red for shirts and black jeans or a homemade full skirt with pewter jewelery and light sprinklings of black make-up and nail polish, wearing whatever is appropriate for where I'm going or going to do.
Shub-Yoggoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 07:51 AM   #298
Apathy's_Child

My trusty man-threads, aka boxers.

If I HAVE to go out, like for cigarettes or to "see a man about a dog" it's always jeans and a plain-colored T-shirt. I'm not that into clothes.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 08:02 AM   #299
Smile

I have some really swell pieces of both DIY gothic and store-bought-then-altered clothes but for some reason I'm afraid of wearing them outside. I'm mostly just a jeans and T-shirt type of person.

92% of kids in America turned to rap.
8% stayed true to rock
If you are part of the 8%, put this in your signature.
Smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 09:12 PM   #300
Opteron_Man

i laughed my ass off when a total stranger came up to me and called me the spooky guy in black leather with black nail polish. hehe it leaves me speechless when someone says to me "goth? subculture? never heard of it"
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote