Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 12-28-2005, 05:26 PM   #26
euclis_dian

I like a more semi-formal look at times, and at others, an elegant look...just check the picture post to know what I mean xD
euclis_dian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 06:03 AM   #27
Metatron

I wear a lot of black, but I also wear a lot of blue, green, brown, and occasionally red. I like to look different. Period. Nothing pisses me off more than seeing someone wearing the exact same thing as me. So...I customize my clothing; add fabric, sew things on, etc. I'd have to say the way I dress is half indie, half goth.
Old 01-25-2006, 12:58 PM   #28
RaidoHaglaz

Usually just simple plain black, black jeans and tees, usually band shirts, sometimes a decent shirt, also black, when I try to be taken seriously.
I'm sometimes forced to wear blue jeans when the black trousers are gone, which mean my black jeans and army trunks. I like to wear a skirt, it's just not always that practical, bicycle and all.
I also have one, yes people, count it: one, piratey cliché goth shirt hanging in the closet, I just don't bother to wear it much, because of the annoying strings.
RaidoHaglaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 02:15 PM   #29
mollydanger

I wear.... Baggy t-shirts.. My fave one says "keep your freedom amerika"
and Black skirts... with Skull patten knee high socks..
Black and pink nail polish.... And chuck taylors
I also wear jelly branclets and Meatle Spike Cuffs for my wrists....
Thats all I guesse
Molly DANGER
mollydanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 02:23 PM   #30
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollydanger

Meatle Spike Cuffs for my wrists....
What's a Meatle Spike Cuff?

Is that like a Pork Chop tied in a circle?
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 02:37 PM   #31
RaidoHaglaz

I just noticed, I just wear too much freaking black. I'm way past stereotypical... Maybe I'll go hunt down a red shirt or something, apparently I can sport red as well as black. Don't know about blues, though.
Man, I feel pathetic, I guess you actually can have too much of a good thing.
Old 01-25-2006, 03:08 PM   #32
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollydanger
I wear.... Baggy t-shirts.. My fave one says "keep your freedom amerika"
and Black skirts... with Skull patten knee high socks..
Black and pink nail polish.... And chuck taylors
I also wear jelly branclets and Meatle Spike Cuffs for my wrists....
Thats all I guesse
Molly DANGER
What the fuck is amerika supposed to mean, you slanderous asshat?
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 06:39 PM   #33
Persephone

I usally wear whatever hits my fancy... or whatever is out first... it depends on how much time I've got... usually jeans, t-shirt and a shirt or sweater on top and my dear, dear silver rings.

Then again sometimes I want to scare the... ehem.. daylights... yes.. out of my mum and wear white tee and blue jeans and white flats and no eyeliner...
(It ALWAYS gets interesting reactions out of people who know me... they think I go into depression; they don't know how to handle me just because I'm wearing different stuff from usual and treat me like I was C4 or something... it's quite amusing actually)
Persephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 06:41 PM   #34
Surgeon Méchant De Sang

Location: In some desolate wooded area with the rest of the trailer trash.
Usually a black suit, with various jewel toned shirts to choose from. My favorite right now is a bright red blouse. I pair that with a nice pair of dress shoes, with red lips and nicely defined eyes (Example - the eyeliner from Wolfmoon's avatar, but a little more smokey on the bottom.)
That, or a black skirt, nice black stillettos with small studs going around the ankle, some velvety shirts, satin blouses, or just a regular blouse.
I usually like to keep the jewelry small, and simple. Such as my oynx pendant, or ruby pendant, or an opal, ruby, diamond, or onyx rings.
On days that I don't feel like dressing up, I'm usually in a pair of jeans, and a t-shirt.
Surgeon Méchant De Sang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 08:48 PM   #35
cannibalnuns

I usually stick to jeans, white under shirt, Doc's, leather wrist cuffs (brown I add), plenty of rings and on some days none. Oh and my Danzig belt. I love that belt.

But I have an extensive collection of kilts I wear on special occasions and on dates when I might get lucky. But I just think they are comfortable, try one on and you will see.

But in all honesty, I do not really have any particular style. Depends on how much I want torture I want to put myself through getting ready that day.
Firmness in enduring and exertion is a character I always wish to possess. I have always despised the whining yelp of complaint and cowardly resolve.- Robert Burns
cannibalnuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 12:03 AM   #36
Sanctus Dei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santarea
I beat up weaker goths and steal their stuff.
I just choked.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 12:08 AM   #37
winged_dreams

Speaking of kilts, a guy I used to work with has a kilt. Woot for men in skirts!

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 12:46 AM   #38
RaidoHaglaz

Yay for me then!
And, men, he's right you know, they are comfortable.
I don't have a kilt though, I'm no scot, so no kilt is making it's way in my closet, at least not one with clanstripes, I think that's just plain ignorant and rude to the people to whom the design has a meaning.
Old 01-26-2006, 02:37 AM   #39
Blushing Heliophobe

My favorite outfit is a black wifebeater and boy's carpenter jeans. I buy beaters and dye them so my bra doesn't show through.

In the summertime I like black tube tops with anything.

In the winter, just jeans.

I have skirts and dresses I wear to dressup stuff, and for that kind of thing I like to wear knee length skirts/mary janes or dresses.

I have a fetish pair of heels, but I mostly wear skate shoes, chucks, or flats.

I very much like black but I also wear browns,khakis, and greens. Neutral colors are nice.

And I wear pink undies and bras.
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 10:13 AM   #40
Saya

I usually wear black skirts with a black tank top, with knee high socks. When I'm just bumming around, I wear black pants (I hate jeans) with more than likely my Emily The Strange hoodie to cover my really old faded t-shirts ^_^ my favourite shoes are my ballerina slippers that I wore to prom, I dunno how to walk in heels ^_^. I'm getting sick of all the black, though, its just very hard for me to find anything I like.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 01:28 PM   #41
IlGato_DiDiablo

I wear anything that fits me right, I'd never wear pants that would make my skin hang from the sides, that's just disgusting. I'll usually add something to my jackets and shirts so it wouldn't be just plain black. I hate heels and jeans, I can't wear either. All my boots are flat, but most of the time I'd wear skate shoes. Generally, I'll go with anything that suits me and what I like! I'm really just myself !
IlGato_DiDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 07:25 AM   #42
~Nix Nightingale~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Purple_Stars
I'm guessing she means "True Sounds of Liberty", one of the original hardcore punk bands..

Or "That Smells of Licorice".

Could go either way really..
Hahahahahahahahahahaha!

I KNEW I shouldn't have eaten the whole damn bag myself!

I broke myself, shattered, tied a bow around every piece, you'll love the eyes. Have they always shown so vacantly? The more I show the less you'll want to know. I can't stop the insects that are feeding, pull the needles from beneath my skin.... ~ A Fire Inside ~
~Nix Nightingale~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 04:52 PM   #43
peeves

I'm 16, and broke so what ever my parents are willing to buy. I've been adding studs to everything cause I got a bunch for christmas and they're fun to pound into clothes. Most of my shirts have a funny saying or a skull on them and I wear whatever pair of shoes is most in tact. I have three and they're all relitivly new but I have to patch them up alot because I tend to destroy shoes pretty quickly but I don't know why.
peeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 09:06 PM   #44
cannibalnuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushing Heliophobe
My favorite outfit is a black wifebeater and boy's carpenter jeans. I buy beaters and dye them so my bra doesn't show through.

In the summertime I like black tube tops with anything.

In the winter, just jeans.

I have skirts and dresses I wear to dressup stuff, and for that kind of thing I like to wear knee length skirts/mary janes or dresses.

I have a fetish pair of heels, but I mostly wear skate shoes, chucks, or flats.

I very much like black but I also wear browns,khakis, and greens. Neutral colors are nice.

And I wear pink undies and bras.

You wear pink undies to eh?
Firmness in enduring and exertion is a character I always wish to possess. I have always despised the whining yelp of complaint and cowardly resolve.- Robert Burns
cannibalnuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 07:47 AM   #45
minion of cocytus

i lv d red dragon thing, i do dat but widout d dragons etc. i also like d random bondage trousers (criminal damages) nd i lv doing variations in clothing style, so one day ill be doing the greenday thing wid red tyes nd black tops (plz dnt back hand me 4 mentioning dat band , bt i like em nd so does my girl friend) nd den nxt day ill be wearin d punk school top thing wid plain white school shirt nd a black tye, ( incase peeps havent noticed im nt quite as gothic as evry one else bt i assure you in 2 years ill be pierced nd wearin d black make-up heavily) so its all good aslong i like it nd it suits ( i fucking h8 d scene kid thing wid d pipe trousers nd tite tops, sorry if there are any scaene kids reading this but its just my style opinion)

minion of cocytus
minion of cocytus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 07:51 AM   #46
TeapotScar

If I had to pick a style, I would say "Black and White". Whenever I'm dressing up to be dressed how I like to dress (you know- any time other than when I'm throwing on whatever's in my closet just to get out the door...), I wear only black and white. My closet is filled with black and white dresses and skirts, and I have a lot of black and white tee-shirts and long-sleeved shirts.

Ribbon. I also love ribbon- I constantly have at least two pieces of ribbon attached to my body, at any given moment.

That's my style. [/style].

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
TeapotScar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 07:52 AM   #47
TeapotScar

Quote:
Originally Posted by minion of cocytus
i lv d red dragon thing, i do dat but widout d dragons etc. i also like d random bondage trousers (criminal damages) nd i lv doing variations in clothing style, so one day ill be doing the greenday thing wid red tyes nd black tops (plz dnt back hand me 4 mentioning dat band , bt i like em nd so does my girl friend) nd den nxt day ill be wearin d punk school top thing wid plain white school shirt nd a black tye, ( incase peeps havent noticed im nt quite as gothic as evry one else bt i assure you in 2 years ill be pierced nd wearin d black make-up heavily) so its all good aslong i like it nd it suits ( i fucking h8 d scene kid thing wid d pipe trousers nd tite tops, sorry if there are any scaene kids reading this but its just my style opinion)

minion of cocytus
...Care to buy a VOWEL anyone? Hint hint... nudge nudge...

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
TeapotScar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 12:15 PM   #48
Phayte

I can't understand him either. It doesn't even look that leet. It just looks like he's never been to an english class and just leaves out random letters.
~William Shakespeare
Phayte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 01:47 AM   #49
Blushing Heliophobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannibalnuns
You wear pink undies to eh?
Well, my usual style of dress is so neutral that it helps me to feel like a woman underneath it all. ^^

And besides when I tell an entire online forum, they're my undies so no one needs to know...

Shh.
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 04:30 AM   #50
talon

It's not that I have no money. I just can't find anything i like. Although shirts are fine. I usually wear band shirts. Finding shorts or pants that I like and fit, is near impossible.
talon is offline   Reply With Quote