Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 03-28-2006, 11:38 AM   #51
Empty_Purple_Stars

The Hookers would be cold.

0.o
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 01:24 PM   #52
DemureDemise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
No, dear, it's not. Wisconsin is not actually close to anywhere cool.

Sorry.
You're sort of close to me. Come visit me and we can skip down the streets of St. Croix Falls together.
DemureDemise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 05:24 PM   #53
Corpus_Draconis

Anyone live near/in south-eastern Ontario?

In my home town, the temperature varies by about 50 degrees celcius (no idea how much that is in Farenheit...) on a yearly basis. Even the natives didn't live here on a permanent basis. It's generally gets to about 30 degrees celcius in the summer, and it's humid enough to be unpleasant.
Anyway, about my summer fashion.... I basically wear pants or skirts with stockings (my leg-skin is ugly, but that's my fault.) and short-sleeved or 3-quarter-length shirts with tank-tops. My fashion doesn't change too much... mainly cuz I have about 3 articles of remotely gothic summer-specific clothing... But now that I'm making my own parasol, I won't get a tan!
I just need to get more black/dark summer clothes...
Without an honest heart
as compass

--Nightwish.
Corpus_Draconis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 06:01 PM   #54
Teh_Emi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
I don't want to be uber tan, but I also don't want to be Frosty the Snowman.
Agreed. I'm trying to get a little bit of pigment into my skin. And, I'm two colors. From my waist down I'm paper-white. So getting some color to even it out would be nice come hot weather. Since I like to wear skirts in summer, I'd rather not have to deal with the Snow White comments.
Teh_Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 06:21 PM   #55
Jane13

WHAT?! Wisconsin's right next to Chicago! Chi-town PWN5 Vegas!

*edit* I thought you might like to know that most people down here call it "West Consin"... where the hell is "East Consin"?!
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 07:55 PM   #56
NyQuil of Doom

I'm generally cold anyway so if it goes over about 82 degrees and I can't wear long sleeves any more, I just wear my T-shirts with nothing under them, usually with jeans or some kind of lightweight pants. I hate shorts and refuse to wear them for anything other than sleepwear.

Not all my summer clothes are black... well, not all my regular clothes are black, either. I just got a long skirt for summer that's... gasp... light blue.
Old 04-01-2006, 09:19 PM   #57
Circle V

I actually like shorts-- scratch that, I like exactly one pair of shorts: my black cargo cords. The waist is actually way too small for me now, but the threads holding the button on have stretched about two inches. It has holes along every seam.

They're youth size 12
Old 04-01-2006, 09:23 PM   #58
Circle V

Er... I just put them on for the first time in about a year. I can barely breathe, and the fabric on the ass is practically transparent.

Gah! Still cool... if only I could find a way to stretch the waist even further...
Old 04-01-2006, 09:32 PM   #59
Icarian Decoding

Just cut holes everywhere? If I'm too warm, I just slice open another hole. Works perfect with crappy clothes. [Note: Don't go cutting open that freaking $20,000 dress. Do it with stuff like jackets or T-shirts, or shorts that have been around for many, many years] Like, I have a pair of jeans, and a few T-shirts that still fit me, but are really old. So, if I'm ever out, and I get cold, I just slice open one of the sides. Great air-conditioning.

Then again. I'm guessing you guys don't carry a large hunting knife with you, and you don't like walking around with holes in your clothes.

In that case, just wear short stuff.
Icarian Decoding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 12:44 AM   #60
DevAdvent

I just trade my Pants for Shorts, and it gets around 104 where i live in Cali and i survive. Also i take the Longsleeve shirts out from under my shortsleeve ones and just wear short ones with sunscreen to keep myself pale.
DevAdvent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 08:16 AM   #61
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

I must say that even though I'm not a fan of shorts they are quite practical for the summer. I'd much rather wear pants, boots, and my wool jacket all year round, but alas, mother nature takes issue with that. I tried to stick to my guns, but I eventually got tired of having to dump a pint of sweat out of my boots every time I took them off. I caved in and bought the most old-timey looking pair of sandals I could find, and they're very cool. Temperature wise, I mean.
Old 04-03-2006, 10:47 PM   #62
psychopenguin

The coolest (temp.) option=

Go to a pagan festival where clothing is optional. Can't get any more breeze than that! >.<
psychopenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 03:11 PM   #63
Solumina

I'm not going to lie, when it gets hot I get out my short shorts, most of which used to be my jeans that I grew out of and since my waist is the same size as it was in 7th grade they make great cut offs
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 03:34 PM   #64
chloegoth

I'm in Hotlanta (which, in the summer, is a perfectly correct nickname), so I have to be creative about what I wear. I generally turn into even more of a gypsy-ballerina goth than usual, because out come all the flowy cotton skirts and gauzy shirts and ballet flats. I also have some sundresses, one of which is thin cotton and has a 50s-style skirt and is incredibly cool (temperature-wise). I have two pairs of shorts - a pair of Bermuda shorts, and a pair of pinstripe capris. I generally detest shorts, though, and most skirts that are shorter than my knee, since I am pasty and pale. I burn really badly (I had one skin cancer removed already and I don't sunbathe), so I use sunscreen religiously and a parasol. I dunno... I don't think that it's all that hard to wear black in the summer. You just have to be really creative...
chloegoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 03:51 PM   #65
maggot

... I wore a leather jacket all last summer. It's not hard. Just drink a lot.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:08 AM   #66
Sanctus Dei

I don't alter much. Same clothes year round minus the winter jacket.
Although, I do brake out the skirts in the summer... NO SHORTS. *shudder*
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 11:21 AM   #67
Metatron

I think I'm pretty content with some black shorts, a darker tee-shirt, and my ever-so-cool drivers cap.

...and underwear and socks in case you were wondering.
Old 04-05-2006, 01:43 PM   #68
Corpus_Draconis

Wow... a sorority. Those are illegal here...

I'm going to get into making clothes, so I'll use light breezy materials for the summer... However, I'll be living at home (anti-goth mother) and maybe working at Home Depot (doesn't seem like a good place to wear light materials), so that might not happen.
Without an honest heart
as compass

--Nightwish.
Old 04-05-2006, 01:55 PM   #69
Corpus_Draconis

No, I think we're not allowed to have sororities or fraternities. They're certainly not allowed at my university... and I'm pretty sure it's a nation-wide ban.
Without an honest heart
as compass

--Nightwish.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:30 AM   #70
darkmartin82

here summer temperatures are between 20/25 degrees celcius, but 25/32 may occur in high summer. I didn't posses shorts or regular (low) shoes, just army boots and army pants combined with occasionaly a white, but usualy black t shirt. and since I work in a restaurant I wear short sleved black shirts. I survived pretty good (the t shirt helps).
darkmartin82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 09:04 PM   #71
winged_dreams

I usually just wear short sleeved shirts and pants. I have a pair of long shorts which are lightweight. My grandmother got them for me from Hot Topic about 4 years ago so shhhh!! I have a couple of pair of short shorts that my fiance's mom got for me. I don't think I'll wear them or short skirts too often. My thighs are fat and I feel weird wearing things that reveal them.

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 01:20 AM   #72
aspendeath

I wear long pants all year round, the only pair of "shorts" I ever wear is a pair that I made myself from an old pair of jeans with a few inches cut off the bottom. They still go way past my knee.

Summer is too unbearably warm too be outside for all that long, anyway.
aspendeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 02:12 PM   #73
Godslayer Jillian

Yeah, I don't wear shorts either
Anyway... I just remembered something about my school's dress code:
Can you believe they don't allow Tshirts???
I prefer a black polo more than a simple Tshirt, so I don't have a problem with the dress code, but WTF??? O.o

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 04:44 PM   #74
An Eccentric Cellist

Why is your school banning t-shirts GS. Jillian?
Virginia is is up to nineties and down to fifty so flowy skirts, light pants, capris, tank tops, t-shirts, cotton camisoles and dressing in layers if you get up before the sun heats the earth. Oh and in any assortment of colors. I like green.
An Eccentric Cellist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 05:05 PM   #75
Godslayer Jillian

They don't want anyone to have anything offensive written in our T-shirt, so they banned the usage of T-shirts completely (idiots! >.<)

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote