Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 09-21-2006, 01:47 PM   #76
She_Is_My_Sin

I wear thick tights so I can get away without shaving my legs for a few days. Armpits are a must. But I shave and occasionally wax. I tried hair removal but it just burnt my legs & left them very sore & I cried when I tried an epilator...that also made my leg (I had to stop after a while) go bright red for a week. Erm, like roserougesang I shan't discuss anymore. In my opinion talking about 'downstairs' is a tad creepy :S
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 08:41 PM   #77
Spectral Despondence

I shave my face and 'no-no spot' lol
Spectral Despondence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 09:30 AM   #78
Aerynna

It's a must --- although waxing or laser removal might be better choice. I can't imagine having hair anywhere...it's alien to me!
Aerynna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 01:37 PM   #79
Kiinu

I don't worry about it too much... Pure laziness... but I got the laziness because My skin is pale yeah... but just about ALL my body hair grows is very light... and none of it is darker than dirty-blond-ish...

As long as there's going to be noone rubbing my legs or something... I can ignore shaving them all together... even when wearing skirts and shorts in the summer...

^.^
Kiinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 06:18 PM   #80
korinna5555

found this interesting...."interesting"....so im bringing it back
Old 01-03-2007, 06:50 PM   #81
deathbecomesme

:Begin TooMuchInfo Mode:

On a regular basis i shave my pubic area and chest, although i do shave my leg like once a year... A bald pubic area is better than a hairy one, makes going down on much easier and nicer.

:End TMI Mode:
...the costume without the brain."
--Peter Murphy
deathbecomesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 06:55 PM   #82
Mick Ignis

So what are the female thoughts here? Male body hair, yay or nay?

Personally, I hate having body hair. I don't like the feel, it smells, and I don't think it looks good. I like keeping a small amount of facial hair though.
Mick Ignis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 08:03 AM   #83
Miss_Hazie_Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phayte
I knew a girl that started shaving every part of her body when she was 15 (except the parts she couldnt reach), and now at 25 years old if she stops shaving she resembles a gorilla.

Go ahead and shave whatever you want, but remember that hair grows back darker and thicker the more you shave.
Actually that's a misconception, it looks thicker, but it's only because you 've cut off the hair at it's thickest point, hair's are nautraully tapered
Old 01-04-2007, 08:11 AM   #84
Miss_Hazie_Lane

I'm obsessive about it, but I kind of look like goth barbie anyway. I do my legs and pits everyday, my arms when I remember, I shaved my brows for awhile, girlfriend didn't like that too much, so I just tweeze those, and my bikini line is usually waxed and trimmed or completely bare depending on my mood (as a girl who likes girls... honestly I don't like carpet burn on my face) I get my upper lip done too, if I'm in the mood, don't "really" have hair there, but the possiblity grosses me out
As for men, I hate body hair, I really, really really.... I cannot stress this enough hate body hair, but then again I like my men to basically look like women with more jaw definition
Old 01-04-2007, 10:21 AM   #85
cradle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper_Wings
Does anyone shave thier eyebrows. I'm not trieing to be weird. Just curious...
I pluck my eyebrows on occasion.
I'm never going to shave them though.
Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord to tell everyone about that time at Ronnie's house when I smashed the beer bottle over my own head.
cradle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 12:09 PM   #86
An Eccentric Cellist

I've been accused of shaving my eyebrows, but I've never done so, I wax and tweaze.

I too rather dislike body hair.
An Eccentric Cellist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 04:15 PM   #87
deathbecomesme

Yeah has anyone ever got laser hair removal thingie, the permanet one? does that hurt?
--Peter Murphy
Old 01-04-2007, 09:28 PM   #88
PersephoneX

my aunt did it, and she said that getting her tattoo was more painful...
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
PersephoneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 09:10 PM   #89
korinna5555

i shave my legs
trim the personal bits
and the rest of me is nice and smooth
how i love being native american!

my lover is somewhat hairy, but it doesnt bother me
Old 01-07-2007, 01:39 PM   #90
Pyre

I have wondered, though, if laser hair removal treatment is safe. I mean, that is very harsh on your skin, is it not? I am going to wait a few more years until I look into getting it done, A) for monetary reasons, and B) for health paranoia.

Also, I can't use Nair on my entire body. I used it once on my arms, and it BURNED like hell. I ended up with a rash on my arms that felt more like an intense sun burn.

As for shaving, this is generally where I shave, and I am roughly ordering it down from how often it gets shaved, to how seldom:
Armpits
Genitalia
Arms and hands/knuckles
Stomach
Chest
Legs

I very, VERY rarely shave my legs, as I am always in pants. I hardly ever see my own legs, much less do I worry about others seeing them, so I find it unnecessary to shave them unless I either feel like it or do so for a special occasion (such as wearing a dress, or going out with someone I like -- which pretty much never happens, nor do I ever expect anything when it does. It's a matter of principle.).

And I have shaved my butt a couple of times in the past, but it seems so unnecessary. What hair I have there is peach fuzz anyway (very shirt, thin and wispy), and so it doesn't cause me any discomfort. It's hardly noticeable.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 02:27 PM   #91
deathbecomesme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyre
I have wondered, though, if laser hair removal treatment is safe. I mean, that is very harsh on your skin, is it not? I am going to wait a few more years until I look into getting it done, A) for monetary reasons, and B) for health paranoia.
It seems safe to me, i know several people who have had it done. It does hurt a bit but not alot.

Quote:
And I have shaved my butt a couple of times in the past, but it seems so unnecessary. What hair I have there is peach fuzz anyway (very shirt, thin and wispy), and so it doesn't cause me any discomfort. It's hardly noticeable.
Hmmm, Peach Fuzz eh? hmmm Would love to see that... *Looks around "what?"*
--Peter Murphy
Old 01-07-2007, 02:49 PM   #92
IsThatLatin

Interesting thread.

I shave the pits and legs. I don't necessarily buy into the whole I'm-a-hairy-feminist thing, so I do it because I prefer it that way. As for shaving in the places your bikini covers, I stopped seeing the point to that a few years ago. At first, you do it because you think your guy expects you to, and hey, we all want to please that special person in our lives. But then I thought...screw that. It's just uncomfortable...razor burn, etc. So, I only shave bits when I actually have to wear a bathing suit and be in public, which is rare. Just the usual trimming so things don't get crazy and that's it.

As for men shaving. Well, to each his own. I prefer my guys to be, well, guys. I've dated every level of male hairiness...even the scary hairy back type. And although I'm not particularly excited about a hairy back, it would be terrible to ask someone to shave it regularly just for you. It's a lot of work and, again, it's uncomfortable. I wouldn't do that to someone I love.

All of the guys I've gone out with, except this last one, have expected me to do some amount of shaving down there, from bits, to the whole thing. What a pain in the ass. And, I've come to a conclusion about guys who insist that their women shave everything...could they be closet **********? Seriously, dudes...this is what a woman looks like. If it's not your thing, maybe grown women aren't your thing.
IsThatLatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 02:40 PM   #93
Pyre

There's a reason Danny Elfman loves little girls.

But anyway, I didn't start shaving my "southern" area because of what guys think -- I couldn't care less, I don't ever have boyfriends or dates, and pretty much NEVER like guys I know -- I started shaving because I hated the way it looked. It was a personal thing, and I feel more comfortable being shaved than I do having a bush. Trimming also isn't my style, because I still don't like the feel of hair there, regardless how it's kept.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Old 01-08-2007, 02:55 PM   #94
IsThatLatin

Quote:
There's a reason Danny Elfman loves little girls.
No kidding. I have a friend like that...yeesh...

Anyway...why the heck is...um...pedo-file (like how I got around that?)...all bleeped out? Can that actually be considered a bad word? That silly.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:56 PM   #95
DarkHeartedDemoness

I thought it had more to do with search engines.

I guess they don't want people searching that word and finding the site...
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 03:03 PM   #96
IsThatLatin

Oh, then that's just extra-special silly. Especially for a forum--what a strange form of censorship.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:43 PM   #97
Pyre

Paedophile is an alternate form of spelling it, however, and is completely acceptable through censorship

Old 01-08-2007, 05:56 PM   #98
erotomaniac87

I shave my armpits and legs regularly. I've gone bald down there about three times only, and I only decided to shave it all off out of boredom. It was a last minute thing . Currently, I opt for trimming. Trimming isn't as uncomfortable as shaving it completely. Even though, in my opinion, I think it's nicer being pubeless. Somehow I feel sexier when I'm completely hairless.On the other hand, I like my guys a bit hairy...yum!
erotomaniac87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 03:55 PM   #99
BLEED REBELION!!!

I shave my legs, pits. Trim the nether regions.

I dont like harry men especialy chest and back hair it just doesnt look good to me.
BLEED REBELION!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 05:25 PM   #100
ashleyxnicole

I love shaved everything on dudes, dont know why.
ashleyxnicole is offline   Reply With Quote