Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

View Poll Results: Is black lipstick over the top
yes it is OTT 97 35.53%
No it looks fabulous 176 64.47%
Voters: 273. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-02-2004, 10:13 AM   #26
Agwani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maimy
The smart ass in me is so tempted to go do black lipstick EXQUISITELY well and post pictures. Not because I care for black lipstick particularly, but because it's supposed to be so difficult.

Of course, I am the sort of wench likely to go out and buy teal eyeliner and use it as lipstick just because you're not supposed to ...
I'm with you there Maimy.

Difficult shmificult.

I've never done it, but I could so pull it of. I have black and white photos as proof.

Mind you, in my humble opinion, I find it looks best on men.

My ex, my gawd, has these luscious lips, and when he used to wear black lipstick and then smile... ooooh.

Prolly why I'm still sleeping with him. I just can't let go of a beautiful man...
Agwani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 05:30 PM   #27
bexxle

Black Lipstick is great, but I’d have to be in an incredibly good mood to wear it. It’s been a very long time I’ve worn Black Lipstick.

~ sigh ~

- Skinny Puppy -
bexxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 05:34 AM   #28
mudgrrl

i like it.. but some people really can't pull it off.. although i have actually seen quite a few who can..
i dont really wear it though.. as i tend to somehow magically remove it within about 2 minutes of putting it on.
mudgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 06:02 AM   #29
Suzuhara

I like Black Lipstick, I don't use it, but I think it looks good on some people, not in everyone, it looks probably better in the people that are more into the darkwave or something...Im not sure...but it doesn't look good in everyone.
Suzuhara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 07:45 AM   #30
MorganScorpion

I like black lipstick and wear it sometimes, (about one day out of 7), and I think I can carry it off well.

My favourite however is a dark maroon,and I sometimes wear dark red.

Purple lipstick looks horrible on me, which is sad because it is my second favourite colour.

Black lipstick looks especially good on men, and I admit to a fetiish for it.

*thinks of Scorpius and sighs*
MorganScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 09:29 AM   #31
morticia

I love black lipstick, unfortunatly I'm one of those people that can't pull it off without looking like a fool. Some people on the contrary, look amazing with black lipstick. Blood red is my colour of choice as it looks the best with my pale colouring.
morticia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 11:49 PM   #32
ohthefuckwell

(i originally tried to post this wednesday, 030304)

ok, here goes nothing.....

man, i haven't used black lipstick since junior high nor black nail polish since high school. dunno why....just haven't. but tonight, i did both.

the "black on nada" pic is black lipstick over my natural lip color. even though i went over my lips 3 or 4 times, that damned red of my lips still came through, i think. "black on black" is the lipstick over my lips fully covered in black lipliner. well, ok.....eyeliner. same difference. *shrugs*

i had on no other make up. just the lipstick (which the color on the tube was "raven".) i didn't bother retouching the photos. wanted to see how it came through "as-is".

all in all, i'd say not bad for a tube of lipstick that was less than 2 bucks & at such a price was surprisingly smooth & creamy.

NOTE: argh!!! this "image" bullshit is pissing me off. just go check it out on the picture post thread if you want. :P
Old 03-31-2004, 02:36 PM   #33
Jane13

I think it looks good on some people, guys or girls; however, sadly, I cannot pull it off. It makes my lips look really fat as if I had experienced an allergic reaction to something. Deep purple or blue seem to work better.
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 03:00 PM   #34
Grimreapergirl16

black lipstick

I think personally black lipstick is good. I think it looks ok on me. I think that if you want to wear it wear it. Thats just me lol. [/img]
Grimreapergirl16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 12:20 AM   #35
SuicideJade

it looks good on some people.. i'm a lil toasty brown for it though
SuicideJade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 03:22 PM   #36
Gothlover175

i like black lipstick i am lucky but yet not so luky u see i have pale skin abit and every were i go all i see is ppl dissin goths or ppl who like vampires the black lipstick looks ok on me so i have been told by my m8 who is a norm(normal and goes 4 the pinky/purple stuff) and she is netha ashamed by hanging with me shes always proud because she looks behind the make-up and skin colour difference

well u all can ignore me if u wish im not too fussyso bye :twisted:
Gothlover175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 06:51 PM   #37
Jane13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideJade
it looks good on some people.. i'm a lil toasty brown for it though
That's my problem, pretty much. My skin is sort of olive because my family comes from eastern Europe.
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 08:04 PM   #38
DyingWindsofUrn

Not one of them

Some people can pull off the black lipstick. I am not one of those people. On a rare occasion, when I'm feeling really dressy I'll do my lips in a red rum shade and do only the corners with glittery black, but most of the time it takes too much patience, and then I have to coordinate the rest of my make up. My complexion is much too dark to wear most "gothy" shades, but I make do with what I have. Blues and purples and greens can work wonders. Oh, and glitter. Lots of glitter.
DyingWindsofUrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 10:37 AM   #39
jessi

i love black lipstick and it looks great on me coz i'm natuarlly pale :twisted:
jessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 09:45 AM   #40
The_Crazy_Irishman

well, I haven't personally tried wearing black lipstick, or any make-up that isn't to do with the theatre (yet 8)) but I suppose it could look good on people, but it is a thin line between good and absolutely shocking lame :roll:
The_Crazy_Irishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 02:38 PM   #41
Zeade

~*~ *NOTE* if i have a ton of typos, please disreguard them... it's b/c of my poor typing skills and my keyboard... which just so happens to hate me... lol... ~*~ hm.... black lipstick.... *sighs* i love it.... but then again, i love any odd color of lipstick... i have white, black, violet, blue, red.... and i am ashamed to say, almost any color looks good on me.... if i lost a little weight, it'd look soooo damn good.... i have pale skin and medium brown hair... oh, and someone mentioned that black lip gloss stuffs... i own a tube and it sucks....doesn't stay on at all... v.v and yes, i do wear black nail polish on a regular basis.... i just love black! ^_^ *hangs head sadly* yes, i know i'm a dork.... *sigh*
Zeade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 03:29 PM   #42
Gypsy2222

I don't wear black lipstick... though I'm certain it would look wonderful on me in my class A's on the cover of the Army Times!... Riiiiiiiiiight.... lol...

Truth be told when I did put it on I looked like the retarded neglected red headed stepchild of a local bum... lol... still... all the same I voted that it looked good because I've seen several pull it off quite well... Plus there is always the blending thing... one of my SO's used blend THREE colours actually... and pulled it off extremely well... she blended a deep purple with a powerful dark red and black on the edges... when I saw her wearing that I just wanted to..... well... I leave out the rest due to unsuitable content... but I'm certain you get the picture.....

Always Scrutinizing,
~The Gypsy~
Old 04-26-2004, 05:04 PM   #43
HerGhostInTheFog

today, my friend brigit told me that she's only seen black lipstick look good on 1 person.... my gorgeous punker friend jacklyn.... but i still like to wear it. I like it because it makes my skin look like its glowing white, white looks rather interesting to me. but i mainly like to wear blue, the color of my eyes and the color my hair is going to be once im out of my parents house... or maybe over the summer? hm.... welp, i also like purple.... i dont care if it looks bad to some people, because it also looks good to some. and it makes some people mad.
-lidia
HerGhostInTheFog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 06:57 AM   #44
tekno_suicide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manimal
Keep it on the girls only please...

I agree.
tekno_suicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 08:43 AM   #45
FenrisQueen

:oops: I, personally, am just way too goddamn lazy too apply makeup all that often, but when I do I tend to avoid the black lipstick. Usually I go for lined eyes, which I am vain enough to say I do excellently. Simply put, most of the time black lipstick should stay in The Crow. I am pale, and that is ramarkably hard in a beach town. (side note...me and the beach just do not mix.) But on a blessed few, black lipstick is a decadent joy to those who view said persons delectable lips. I am thinking of a certain guy who would look very good in black lips. Makeup on boys can be a very, very good thing. But on me? That would be a no....

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
-William James
FenrisQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 09:45 AM   #46
Maimy

I finally got around to doing black lipstick and taking photos. As I can't put 'em here, feel free to gawk in the Picture Post thread ...
Old 07-05-2004, 10:32 AM   #47
black_roses77

Black lipstick?I've never even tried to pull that off-i couldn't.I wear "silver" except it looks more glossy than silver.It looks silver in the sun though.
black_roses77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 12:50 PM   #48
black_dove

well, i agree with most of the people in here who said the same shit; it looks good on certain people. i lik eit and it looks ok on me, i have really white skin and blonde hair with dark makeup so it looks weird in a good way. i guess.....it looks really hot hot hot on my husband!!! when he has eyeliner. i think it looks really good on guys if they have the right style to go with it...not some prepy guy wearing it ya know....
black_dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 01:42 PM   #49
LegendGirl

I found a dark gunmetal grey lipstick that is a nice compromise between wearing black lipstick and wearing a "fashionable" color. It's almost the color of hematite or marcasite stones. I'm very pale with reddish hair, and it seems to complement my coloring.
LegendGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 04:12 PM   #50
Maimy

Manic Panic does have a good looking gunmetal grey, but my eBay connection is out of that one these days ...