Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 09-02-2007, 02:37 PM   #101
Death_Mask

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapin
I see no brackets. I see parenthesis. But no brackets. What post were you looking at?
The one I quoted obviously, but parenthesis or not you still like to use them a lot me boy *wink*.
Death_Mask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 03:09 PM   #102
Lapin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_Mask
The one I quoted obviously, but parenthesis or not you still like to use them a lot me boy *wink*.
Oh no, you did it again. Confused one for another I mean, like you did with brackets and parenthesis.

I'm a female, my dear.
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 03:13 PM   #103
Death_Mask

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapin
Oh no, you did it again. Confused one for another I mean, like you did with brackets and parenthesis.

I'm a female, my dear.
My apologies my dear, that last line you wrote made me smile. No not ROFL like some people like to say, just smile.
Death_Mask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 04:33 PM   #104
Lapin

I'm quite good at that.
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 06:55 PM   #105
gothicusmaximus

Cape wearer right here.
Don't be hating.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 09:24 PM   #106
KontanKarite

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus
Cape wearer right here.
Don't be hating.

Sometimes capes can be tasteful.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:58 PM   #107
raggedyanne

I love capes. Especially a nice velvet one over a full skirt and a strapless corset. it's very neo-victorian and very stylish.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 11:23 PM   #108
LadyLucretia

Quote:
Cape wearer right here.
Don't be hating.
What kind of cape, and for what occasions?
LadyLucretia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 11:29 PM   #109
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLucretia
What kind of cape, and for what occasions?
Black velvet.
A more appropriate question would be "on what occassions do you not wear it?"
Old 09-03-2007, 12:06 AM   #110
TopHaggardDoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountSixstring
they do way too much and it wierds people out and some others, but hey. I'm not here to judge, so don't take me too seriously.
What!? like...fantasizing about blue anthropomorphic foxes who have horns and two tails, with three one foot penises, five breasts and a vagina in each armpit!?...Then draw it for other furries to masturbate to but call it art.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:58 AM   #111
LadyLucretia

Quote:
Black velvet.
A more appropriate question would be "on what occassions do you not wear it?"
Ok, then answer that one.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:42 AM   #112
gothicusmaximus

Well, usually when I need, for some reason, to establish the illusion that I am not a cape-wearing nutjob, such as during important interviews, formal engagements, etc.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:50 AM   #113
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopHaggardDoll
What!? like...fantasizing about blue anthropomorphic foxes who have horns and two tails, with three one foot penises, five breasts and a vagina in each armpit!?...Then draw it for other furries to masturbate to but call it art.
I just spat my tea all over the monitor.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:45 AM   #114
TopHaggardDoll

LOL!...i'm sorry, it just had to be said.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:29 AM   #115
badteccy

^^
Do you really wear a cape? Please tell me you only wear it at a club or some shit.
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 06:25 AM   #116
delicti

Quote:
Originally Posted by badteccy
Please tell me you only wear it at a club or some shit.
Let's hope not even that. I'm all cool with him wearing a cape, spandex, and a giant G on his chest, as long as he leaves it at home. ;-)
Old 09-04-2007, 06:49 AM   #117
TopHaggardDoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicti
Let's hope not even that. I'm all cool with him wearing a cape, spandex, and a giant G on his chest, as long as he leaves it at home. ;-)
Or for extra awesomeness.....wear black spandex, a bullet belt and 9 inch spikes sticking out everywhere along with a cape. Then he could be BLAWCK METAL!!!!!!
Old 09-04-2007, 07:51 AM   #118
gothicusmaximus

Apparently "Don't be hating" means little or nothing to you dudes. This, methinks, is a manifestation of the paradox at the core of the Goth intellectual movement as it exists now- we encourage tolerance and acceptance of those whose tastes and proclivities deviate from the norms and standards established by mainstream society, but you all seem adamant that everyone's tastes and proclivites deviate from those norms in the EXACT SAME WAY. When you guys perpetrate a vain, infantile attempt to ridicule me or make me feel 'uncool' for wearing a cape, you reveal yourselves as conformists encouraging conformity.
Yeah, I wear a cape, nearly every day, and, I'm not going to apologize for failing to dress like you do. Goth is a theme that we're all attempting to articulate in our own way. You know- self-expression.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:58 AM   #119
delicti

Quote:
we encourage tolerance and acceptance of those whose tastes and proclivities deviate from the norms and standards established by mainstream society
Who does that? That's boring. :-D

Really though, I think there's a huge difference between trying to be yourself and finding out you fit amongst goths, and trying to be goth and being oblivious to the fact that you don't fit.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:01 AM   #120
delicti

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopHaggardDoll
Or for extra awesomeness.....wear black spandex, a bullet belt and 9 inch spikes sticking out everywhere along with a cape. Then he could be BLAWCK METAL!!!!!!
RAWWK! Whoa, that's too much for one hand!!!

:-D :-D :-D
Old 09-04-2007, 08:33 AM   #121
TopHaggardDoll

Quote:
Apparently "Don't be hating" means little or nothing to you dudes. This, methinks, is a manifestation of the paradox at the core of the Goth intellectual movement as it exists now- we encourage tolerance and acceptance of those whose tastes and proclivities deviate from the norms and standards established by mainstream society, but you all seem adamant that everyone's tastes and proclivites deviate from those norms in the EXACT SAME WAY. When you guys perpetrate a vain, infantile attempt to ridicule me or make me feel 'uncool' for wearing a cape, you reveal yourselves as conformists encouraging conformity.
Yeah, I wear a cape, nearly every day, and, I'm not going to apologize for failing to dress like you do. Goth is a theme that we're all attempting to articulate in our own way. You know- self-expression.
Oh God, you're playing the OH MY GOD! CONFORMISTS!!!!!!!! card.

To be honest, I couldn't give a shit wether you wear a cape or not. (Wether I think it can look painfully ridiculous doesn't matter) Everyone has different tastes, just because a few people don't like capes doesn't instantly make us into comformists.

Rather than get rid of the cape I think you should get a sense of humour, if you can remember what that is.
People call me a whole myriad of things on the street, you know what I do!?
I laugh.

"Conformist" or not, one should never lose their sense of humour.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:39 AM   #122
TopHaggardDoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicti
RAWWK! Whoa, that's too much for one hand!!!

:-D :-D :-D

*throws the horns* sacrificial goats! and SAITAN!!!!!! and other stuff that those people like.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:20 AM   #123
Draconysius

I heard someone once say "Give people the impression you want them to have of you every minute of every day". I agree completely.
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 09:46 AM   #124
LadyLucretia

Quote:
I am a psychic and I have a psychic prediction for you. Two, in fact.

#1. In five years, if you are still involved with the goth scene, my prediction is that you will look back at your current self with a sentiment akin to, "Wow, remember when I used to use way too many big words because I thought it was cool, and I used to wear that cape everywhere? Man I was such a tool!"

#2. If/once you stop wearing the cape, you will find that your reputation as "that guy in the cape" will follow you around for at least another few months, if not years. Even if most people forget, some asshole who knows you now will still try to blackmail you with pictures of you in the cape at 7 11 or something. Hopefully by then you will have developed enough of a sense of humor to deal with it.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:28 AM   #125
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Really though, I think there's a huge difference between trying to be yourself and finding out you fit amongst goths, and trying to be goth and being oblivious to the fact that you don't fit.
Maybe I don't fit in with goth as you perceive it. "What constitutes a goth" is a question whose answer is bound to be subjective, and if your answer is different enough from mine its highly likely that, in your view, I'm not goth. I'll still wear the cape, though.

Quote:
People call me a whole myriad of things on the street, you know what I do!?
I laugh.
I can almost guarantee that I recieve more comments than you do, and I'm cool with things like "Superhero", "Vampire", "Wizard" and the like. I've even been known to run in a circle to facilitate some billowing action if it's requested, in part because I have no shame.
Regardless, one would think that those who are very much into dressing in a way that society at large views to be weird would hesitate before concluding that one's wardrobe indicates anything about that person's character beyond that he or she is, maybe, a little weird.

Quote:
#1. In five years, if you are still involved with the goth scene, my prediction is that you will look back at your current self with a sentiment akin to, "Wow, remember when I used to use way too many big words because I thought it was cool,
I really don't get you and your thing about the words I use. As I've explained to you already, I just like latinate words. I'm not using them in an effort to impress you, I don't have a thesaurus cracked open on one knee and a laptop browsing gothic net on the other. I'm certainly not making use of words that people don't know. In short, I'm not all up in your shit because you prefer to restrict the breadth of your vocabulary, so why are you all up in mine because I occassionally throw in a word of more than two syllables in length? You speak a lot about being more mature than I am, but you're not acting as though you are.