Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 10-03-2007, 06:16 PM   #26
L'Oiseau Noir

Quote:
Originally Posted by prophecyofdoom
Oh, that brought back memories....

I used to have one of those in high school. Since I know what it feels like to be The Girl Nobody Likes, I would go out of my way to be friendly to her, include her in conversations with friends, and try to draw her out of her shell. Despite my efforts, she usually just lurked around not saying anything. She is the only person I've ever met who seemed to have NO personality whatsoever. I'd ask her about what she liked to read, watch on TV, what music she liked, and I'd get a shrug and a noncommital grunt as an answer. My friends often complained of her being around, calling her "That girl who just stands there not saying anything." I always invited her to come sit with us, though, because I thought she was just shy and lonely. After all that, one day in class we had a guest speaker, who had brought fragments of primitive caveman hand tools for us to examine. We were supposed to pass them around, but the stupid jocks in the class happened to be sitting by me and thought it was really funny to toss them ahead to the next person, skipping me. She was the next person. She was delighted to be included in this game. I was actually interested in examining the artifacts, and said to her, "Okay, very funny, ha ha. Now give it here," and held out my hand. She ignored me, and kept laughing with the jocks! And I was her only goddamned friend! A couple times she tried talking to me after that, and I just up and walked away without saying anything. I was really offended by what she had done, after I had stood up for her with my friends. Plus, back then I wasn't as outspoken as I am today, and I didn't want to make more of a scene in class, so I was the only one that didn't get to examine the artifacts. She sat all by herself after that. I actually felt really bad for her, because one day in class after that, we had to talk about our plans for the future, and she said, in front of everyone, that she wanted to be "really popular", and everyone started laughing at her.
Wow, I'd have felt bad too, but she did it to herself.

My stalker, however, I try to elude like the plague. She's so creepy... she's one of those individuals that you'd expect to pull a knife out at any moment, and stab you right in the gut without as so much flinching. She's got heavy-lidded eyes, a stone face, and she walks almost exactly like a zombie; and her stare is so vacant, it's like nothing is going on inside her skull.

I do feel bad for her, though, so I don't make fun of her like everybody else. I'm one of those individuals who refuses to prod at anybody, simply because I hated being made fun of myself--so why would I pass something like that around, y'know?

My friends say I'm being too nice, but hell... I can't help it, it's who I am.
L'Oiseau Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 04:55 AM   #27
TopHaggardDoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard.Crow
Vampire is by FAR not the worst thing you can be called. I always take it as a compliment.
I love being called "Gothic C**t"......XD! Dunno why...has a nice ring to it.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:05 PM   #28
Graveyard.Crow

That's actually pretty original. I don't know why, but it's better than the old "slit your wrists" notion. AT LEAST can people be funny and creative with their "insults".
Old 10-15-2007, 01:35 PM   #29
Tails

Lolz , sounds like some poeple here can get along with society
Well moust reasently what I get is : Vampire , ghoust , Van Helsing , Circus manager , etc.

Weeee ... everyone loves my hat ... lolz
I even once had to run from bunch a girls to save it O_o '
lolz , weird

but over all poeple don`t rely make fun of me ... just say somethin` random once in a while , I`m quite good at ignoring people xP , maby because I`m unsocial and hate to be in a sociaty full of pathetic people O_o '

P.S.:
More likely I consider some of my friends and teachers to make fun of me =S
Cuz they always think `tat I`m feelin` not well
Because of my rely pale skin =S ( natural )
But hey it`s not like they mean too xd

Tails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 02:08 PM   #30
Underwater Ophelia

There isn't a lot of teasing in college, so no.

When I was in highschool, though, I was teased fairly badly until senior year, and then everyone left me alone. A lot of the popular kids even really liked me.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 05:51 PM   #31
badteccy

Freshman and sophmore year of high school was terrible. Junior and senior year were pretty cool. College I've made a few friends, and that's all I need.
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 06:22 PM   #32
magickaykay

Ya,I get made fun of ALOT,becuase I dress usually different than alot of people at my school do.I usually wear clothes from hottopic and studded belts and the like,and being african american,people think im trying to dress "white" which i still dont understand.So i think I get it pretty bad...
magickaykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 07:42 PM   #33
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Oiseau Noir
Wow, I'd have felt bad too, but she did it to herself.

My stalker, however, I try to elude like the plague. She's so creepy... she's one of those individuals that you'd expect to pull a knife out at any moment, and stab you right in the gut without as so much flinching. She's got heavy-lidded eyes, a stone face, and she walks almost exactly like a zombie; and her stare is so vacant, it's like nothing is going on inside her skull.

I do feel bad for her, though, so I don't make fun of her like everybody else. I'm one of those individuals who refuses to prod at anybody, simply because I hated being made fun of myself--so why would I pass something like that around, y'know?

My friends say I'm being too nice, but hell... I can't help it, it's who I am.
I wonder, is she autistic? It may just be nature to her and she just doesn't understand the little things that make humanity different from animals. Try to think of her as a kitten, autistics can be quite animal like in a good way. Eyes watching through the shadows seeking out objects of interest, with no other destination in mind. She won't hurt you, not unless you startle her or somthing. Like I said treat her as you would treat a stray cat. Frankly I find that such traits allow me to get along with animals quite well, though somtimes animals don't always react well due to the fact that I'm quite different from most people in appearance and overall how I carry myself. If this doesn't work I'll buy you plane tickets out of there.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 08:28 PM   #34
Graveyard.Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by magickaykay
Ya,I get made fun of ALOT,becuase I dress usually different than alot of people at my school do.I usually wear clothes from hottopic and studded belts and the like,and being african american,people think im trying to dress "white" which i still dont understand.So i think I get it pretty bad...
Oh god I hate it when people think that the color of your skin somehow gives you less right to look a certain way.
I hope you don't take it offensively from the, their ignorance is their loss not yours.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:57 PM   #35
Utael

*sob* not really

Well, people of course make fun of things they dont understand, its kinda like how in everything you look almost everyone is trying to blend in. I've had several people come up to me and ask me if I am either a devil worshiper, or a vampire the first thing no, I am wiccan, the second thing however is completely up to you to decide but I usually respond to the former with "yes and would you like to see?" at that point they generaly just back away, but I've noticed with more and more days going by that people will just start to accept the way I am and its not because they dont like it, its more of the way they just don't understand fully what they are seeing.

P.S. Sorry if i seem to get entranced in certain subjects and not so involved in others.
Utael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 03:16 PM   #36
raineofblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero
I don't get it... I've only ever got compliments for the way I dress. I've had the most 'normal' looking people asking me where I got the bones or patches on my jacket, or how I get my ripped-up tights to look so perfect (my usual answer: use your teeth).

Yeah. I'm in the same boat with the compliments ^_^ But for me it's probably because I'm uh...rare? In my little area. Village. Place.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:19 PM   #37
c130

I don't, really. I don't usually go anywhere with anyone else, so group dynamics are never a factor (no matter who you are, it's rarely entertaining to pick on someone who's walking down the street alone and is ignoring you entirely), and I dress reasonably toned-down most of the time. In fact, last time I got any derogatory comments on my appearance was last March or so when I dyed my wide-hawk shocking pink, and the colourblind retards who pointed it out thought it was purple.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:29 PM   #38
L'Oiseau Noir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus
I wonder, is she autistic? It may just be nature to her and she just doesn't understand the little things that make humanity different from animals. Try to think of her as a kitten, autistics can be quite animal like in a good way. Eyes watching through the shadows seeking out objects of interest, with no other destination in mind. She won't hurt you, not unless you startle her or somthing. Like I said treat her as you would treat a stray cat. Frankly I find that such traits allow me to get along with animals quite well, though somtimes animals don't always react well due to the fact that I'm quite different from most people in appearance and overall how I carry myself. If this doesn't work I'll buy you plane tickets out of there.
I'll take the plane tickets, good sir. xD

"I love Wagner, but the music I prefer is that of a cat hung up by its tail outside a window and trying to stick to the panes of glass with its claws." - Charles Baudelaire

L'Oiseau Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 10:03 PM   #39
Christina_Death1334

At school, i tend to tone myself way down. So, there the only questions I get are "Why do you wear so much black?" or "Why do you wear crosses?".

But, every now and then, I'll do my makeup nice and throw on something decent. That's when I tend to really get stared at. But that's the point in dressing up.
Christina_Death1334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 12:56 AM   #40
ugh...

I used to get little jousts from my friends while I was in High School, but the assholes generally were afraid of me so they weren't a problem. By the time I graduated I was actually pretty high up on the social ladder because of all of the unique people who wanted to hang out with me. I always had lots of friends in the artsy and rocker crowds, as well as a bunch of goth friends to surround myself with.

Since I got to college, things have been a little worse I'd say. Not many people went to high schools as big as mine so they aren't as used to people who are different from them. The first day I moved in a girl across the hall said to me "Hey, why are you dressing all goth and stuff, are you going to kill yourself?" I told her I was just going to run wild with the beasts for a while. Then I went and rode my horse. Since then people here have gotten a little more used to how I dress, my bright red hair, all of that stuff. But it was a rough first few months.

OH! I learned that when people are drunk, they are much more likely to make fun of you. I think I'll stay in my Chem. Free dorm at night from now on.
ugh... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 08:31 AM   #41
Sylph

This may seem strange...

But at my High School there was always a pack of 'Elite Goths' that pretty much insulted and degraded everyone they met -- anyone who wasn't 'hardcore' enough for them. They all 'transcended to Goth' around the 11th grade and were pretty much real assholes to everyone.

I had always worn dark clothes through high school and been at least semi-goth, however, I had no problems being friends with anyone, be they goth, prep, nerd, or just really bleeding creepy.

Apparently this was a problem for the Goth Clique so they started most of the 'teasing' during high school. The irony, no? I haven't seen any of them since grad, so I can't really say how the story ended, except that I pretty much ignored them for two years.

I've also had the classic 'Hallowe'en is still X months away." But I find that simply funny.
Sylph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 09:01 AM   #42
Metabolik

Um...yes, and it pisses me off.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:21 AM   #43
TopHaggardDoll

People make fun out of my small mouth.

LOL! I have the smallest mouth ever! Tanith you FREAK!!! With your abnormal facial features!!!

Yeah...i've had enough caffeine today.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:48 PM   #44
drewsilla

Usually I dress down, but the times I do get all dolled up I'll get everything from smiles to stares to the classic "Is it Halloween already?" I always tell them everyday is Halloween for me!

The last time I was made fun of though, was the other day by my mother-in-law who told me my hair looked like one of those bad wigs you buy at the dollar store to make weaves out of (I had just dyed it red/black).
drewsilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 02:09 PM   #45
delicti

People never make fun of me because they're too busy prostrating themselves in worship. If I had a quarter for every couple that's begged me to adopt their baby, every college sorority that's offered me an orgy, every high-powered CEO that's pleaded with me to run their company - I'd be a very rich man by now.

Unfortunately, outside of that it's relatively useless to dress the way I do, except for being happy with myself. Thankfully, that's why I did it in the first place, so I keep doing it anyways.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:58 PM   #46
Graveyard.Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylph
This may seem strange...

But at my High School there was always a pack of 'Elite Goths' that pretty much insulted and degraded everyone they met -- anyone who wasn't 'hardcore' enough for them. They all 'transcended to Goth' around the 11th grade and were pretty much real assholes to everyone.

I had always worn dark clothes through high school and been at least semi-goth, however, I had no problems being friends with anyone, be they goth, prep, nerd, or just really bleeding creepy.

Apparently this was a problem for the Goth Clique so they started most of the 'teasing' during high school. The irony, no? I haven't seen any of them since grad, so I can't really say how the story ended, except that I pretty much ignored them for two years.

I've also had the classic 'Hallowe'en is still X months away." But I find that simply funny.
Similar situation with me. However it was mostly this one girl who was so into her hair and make up, and hair spray....she got pissed that somebody dared to stand out in the school. To her it was a competition as to who gets to get the most attention. I don't go there anymore but to this day she pissed me off, people like her make me bloody sick.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:40 PM   #47
Christina_Death1334

We have a group of girls at our school that try to set the standard for Goth. (Which I find humourous, because they are pretty generic...The type of girls who worship Manson and MCR yet cannot appreciate anything not mainstream). They act nice to me because they have to. If I didnt sit at the same table as them during lunch, I'm pretty sure they would ignore me. I could of course sit somewhere else, but I find their idiocy amusing.
Christina_Death1334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 07:50 PM   #48
Wormboy

I dress the way I do because it makes me feel good, and I think I look nice. That's about it. It has nothing to do with subcultures, or shocking, or making a statement, I just like how I look.

However the shocked stares are always good for a chuckle on a bad day =)

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 11:44 PM   #49
Graveyard.Crow

I think a part of why I dress "alternatively" is to filter out certain people. I mean if someone is closed minded enough to actually not talk to me because of the way I look, I REALLY don't need someone that shallow in my life anyway. So it weads people out which leads me to get pissed off a lot less. If you knew me you would understand that that's a GOOD thing.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:49 PM   #50
Sovetcke

Can't agree more !!
Sovetcke is offline   Reply With Quote