Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 09-17-2009, 08:47 PM   #851
I_Zik

In retrospect, the shirt wasn't appropriate Underwater Ophelia, mostly it was for an example.
What really pissed me off was their supposed ban on things like spikes, bracelets, and other things of that nature, and I kept seeing it all over the school when the staff would single me out and personally deliver their distaste for what I was wearing. Besides the shirt, which is long ago ripped and shredded by use, I was wearing stuff that a large number of people were wearing too. I asked one of the staff why they weren't enforcing these rules on everyone else with the same passion they were doing for me, and they couldn't give a straight answer. That's what pissed me more off than anything.
I_Zik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:52 PM   #852
Ko Pilot

Yeah I remember I wore a soft, pliable spiked bracelet once in middle school, and a teacher (that I'm convinced hated me anyways) threatened to confiscate it because it had spikes.

Also, getting picked on by various members of the administration because I wore black was awesome.
Ko Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:40 PM   #853
Still Jack

Man, they took away my brass knuckles when I got into secondary school, do I get to be pissed off now???
Still Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 12:24 PM   #854
I_Zik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Jack View Post
Man, they took away my brass knuckles when I got into secondary school, do I get to be pissed off now???
Yes you do. You should get them back. Everything they confiscate you can usually get back at the end of the year. They should also confiscate hands too. Hands are probably the most dangerous items any school student could have. They can make shivs, bombs, garrote wires, knives, hold/make guns, and even a zombie-assault like vehicles to plow through the masses of student bodies. There's no end to what kinds of destruction can be had at the hands of...hands.
Old 09-20-2009, 01:13 PM   #855
Still Jack

I was actually being sarcastic. I find it entirely justified that they took away my brass knuckles. Even though, I could probably do a lot more damage with normal household objects...
Still Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 02:00 PM   #856
I_Zik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Jack View Post
I was actually being sarcastic....Even though, I could probably do a lot more damage with normal household objects...
I know. We all can. I was just trying (horribly) to be funny and informative. I know you probably already knew that kind of thing. Did it work everyone else?

"Shut the fuck up and leave before I stab you in the eye with a pencil."
"Jeez dude, calm down. already"
"I AM CALM!!!!!"
Old 10-16-2009, 10:11 AM   #857
blindNsect

My High School wouldn't let males wear lipstick or nail polish b/c it was "disruptive."
blindNsect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:51 AM   #858
SweetJane

Besides my hair always bieng a funny color and wearing a lot of black and local punk band patches, I didn't dress that wierd when I was in school because I didn't give a shit and I was usually hung over from the weekend or a tiny bit stoned because I had "early bird" PE so I could fit all of my art classes in. Three days a week they made us wear these heart-rate moniters to make sure were were getting cardiovascular exercise for a certain ammount of time, but my friend figured out we could tap the sensors at a certain rate, so we'd get baked at our friend's trailer before going to class.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:51 AM   #859
Angelickid

School's here in Dubai are not so great !!!

Although we have to wear a uniform like all other schools. We're not allowed to have facial piercings but some school's did allow!!

Do not color ur hair.. No nail polish .. no ornaments .. no makeup .. no this and thats ....

If you were found with one of the above mentioned then the next thing u wld find ur self at the PRINCIPAL 's room standin to hear his or her lecture!!!
Angelickid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 11:53 AM   #860
SweetJane

NO ornaments? Your school cancelled Christmass AND English classes? Of course, us Americans just put 'em on trees...
Old 10-16-2009, 03:49 PM   #861
Red Menace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelickid View Post
Do not color ur hair.. No nail polish .. no ornaments .. no makeup .. no this and thats ....
That's not so unusual. Those were the rules at my school in Scotland. We were not even allowed to wear earrings, except for a single pair of studs and even then only for the first 6 weeks whilst the piercings were healing.
Red Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 04:19 PM   #862
Black_Chic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Gestalt View Post
My school is very good about it. Most of the dress code applies to the prep croud and their short shorts and sagging pants.
yea same here
Black_Chic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 01:42 AM   #863
darkGoddess95

goth is cool and scary. I am into the solid silver gothic jewelry.But my school doesnot allow me to wear, so I wear them off school.
darkGoddess95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:35 PM   #864
carakitty

Wow, it sounds like so many schools have become so tight-assed about dress codes. When I went to a private Catholic High School we were allowed to wear jewelry + make up for girls (with certain guidelines set of course), could wear normal shirts under our uniform shirts as long as they didn't poke out, and had pretty fair standards for shoes (and tights if we wanted to wear them)

I'm interested to see what my schools code is going to be like when I go back in Jan. I know for certain we need to wear scrubs but beyond that I"m in the dark.
carakitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 01:31 PM   #865
Mourning Would

My school is very much a Catholic school, our make up must be descreet, we can't have un-natural hair colours (eg: purple, green, pink, etc, etc...). We can't wear much jewlery. One pair of stud earings, no facial peircings, no visible tatoos, no mad hair styles (WHY?!!!! I LOVE MY MAD HAIR STYLES!!!), and if anyone breaks the rules Sister Concepta (who is pure evil, everyone hates her) takes them into her office and gives them a months worth detention and sends them home, or makes them wash off the make up or take out the peircings.
Mourning Would is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 12:26 PM   #866
AshiesHubby

My school is cool about it, I do not wear goth clothes though. No make up or piercing, and my jeans are loose and don't ride my crotch, and I wear a t-shirt and hoodie
AshiesHubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 03:42 PM   #867
TheHandThatFeeds

I love my school on that part... The let us wear what ever the heck we want. Eventhough I'm the only goth there, or at the moment my style is more industrial I guess. Some of my teachers even tries to get me to wear a fishnet shirt... <.<
TheHandThatFeeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 03:48 PM   #868
DRM

High School isn't that bad for me really.
None of my teachers care what I wear as long as I'm basicly good for them.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:08 PM   #869
DepthsofSpace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelickid View Post
School's here in Dubai are not so great !!!

Although we have to wear a uniform like all other schools. We're not allowed to have facial piercings but some school's did allow!!

If you were found with one of the above mentioned then the next thing u wld find ur self at the PRINCIPAL 's room standin to hear his or her lecture!!!
It's Dubai... I mean, what can you expect for a chauvinistic, theocratic city-state?

Goffs think you have to rip off the wings of a butterfly to show your love.

Goths know that love has already broken the wings of a butterfly on a wheel.
DepthsofSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 11:08 PM   #870
Krick Wurkheiser

Here in Australia we all have to wear uniforms... and our school's pretty strict about what we wear and how we wear it. So far, my doc martens have slipped under the radar... most of the time, I just have to view it as work and not care about it. When I go out other places I can dress how I like. But when I come to school on free dress day, everybody seems to think I'm in a costume... I'm just in my normal clothes, if a little dressier.
Krick Wurkheiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 08:54 AM   #871
Rylee

My school is pretty lienient on the goth clothing/hair/makeup. The only rules against it are no unatural hair colors however they do allow bright red for some reason, no excessive chains/straps on clothing, so they do allow tripp pants however if the chains and straps are large they are not aloud do to the fact they may get caught on something. Also all skirts/shorts/dresses must be finger tip level. So i really don't have a problem with any of their rules.
Rylee is offline   Reply With Quote