Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

View Poll Results: How do you deal with 'em?
shave? 14 10.61%
wax? 15 11.36%
pluck? 100 75.76%
electrolysis? 3 2.27%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-12-2006, 02:30 AM   #126
Demonista_Ravenesque

My friend, Remy and I like the 'natural' look, we pluck off whatever's unecessary then we draw on them in whatever colour our hair is, but we only do that as a joke to piss off the goths who hang near Dangerfield (basically, hot topic).

Hier sind doch irgendwo kinder versteckt
Demonista_Ravenesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 04:54 AM   #127
IlGato_DiDiablo

Mine are really thin and they suit me. I could never have thicker eyebrows than the ones that I already have, it would NEVER suit me! Anyways, I pluck them, I never shaved or waxed them...Never really thought about it anyways !

Hail Eyebrows! XD
IlGato_DiDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 08:03 AM   #128
Frostfox

hey ppl, new here. thought i would just say hi so everyone knows i'm new:P.
so whats up?
Frostfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 08:45 AM   #129
Tall One In Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostfox
hey ppl, new here. thought i would just say hi so everyone knows i'm new:P.
so whats up?
We figured out you were new the moment you posted your introduction in the eyebrow thread.

There's a WHOLE SECTION called "Introductions." Please find it and try again.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:41 AM   #130
Frostfox

ah screw it, i don't care about introductions, i'll just cut to the chase. so whats happening?
Old 02-12-2006, 10:18 AM   #131
Frostfox

Tis ok, got my eyebrow owned by friends, they shaved two lines threw my left eyebrow looks kinda cool. but i look like a i play rugby which in hells name i don't. Got my lip ring ripped out while in a fight with some cunt at school. was fucken sore but i'm getting it redone. o yea my other eyebrow is just fine and still hanging in there. :P
Old 02-14-2006, 02:55 PM   #132
Deviant Kitten

I'm another person who has 'issues' with hair... I'm always plucking my eyebrows because they're really dark so stray hairs show up badly. I shave my arms and legs, and *whispers* I've been known to pluck the little hairs from the back of my toes... *ick!!* People are always telling me that they envy my naturally dark hair, but they obviously don't realise the maintenance that comes with having the dark hair/pale skin combo... *sigh* I'm hoping to save up for laser hair removal treatment some day!

~ Wei Hui
Deviant Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 03:27 PM   #133
Deviant Kitten

Yup, I do a bit of knuckle hair plucking too... I'm glad it's not just me, I was starting to feel a bit freaky - and not in a good way! *chuckle*
The strangest thing I do has got to be plucking my underarm hair! I do it once a week or so, and it takes around half an hour but it's definitely worth it not to have sore skin and ingrown hairs from shaving *groan*

I hate how much time hair removal takes up!

~ Wei Hui
Old 02-14-2006, 08:31 PM   #134
Tall One In Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviant Kitten
People are always telling me that they envy my naturally dark hair, but they obviously don't realise the maintenance that comes with having the dark hair/pale skin combo... *sigh* I'm hoping to save up for laser hair removal treatment some day!
Yeah, the "Snow White" coloration is a real pain when it comes to body hair. Even when I would shave my legs and they felt smooth, I could still see the tiny dark hairs under my pale skin. I never bared my legs, even in summer.

I've now had laser hair removal, and my skin looks great. No more ingrown hairs, no more daily hassle.

It is pricey, but laser hair removal is worth every penny. And having pale skin with dark hair makes you the ideal candidate.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:45 PM   #135
Tall One In Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
I don't even own a pair of shorts. That's why.
I bought my first shorts in about 15 years this past summer, for working out at the gym. It was a nice feeling!

I should be a paid evangelist for laser hair removal. :P
Old 02-15-2006, 03:31 AM   #136
Deviant Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall One In Black
Yeah, the "Snow White" coloration is a real pain when it comes to body hair. Even when I would shave my legs and they felt smooth, I could still see the tiny dark hairs under my pale skin. I never bared my legs, even in summer.

I've now had laser hair removal, and my skin looks great. No more ingrown hairs, no more daily hassle.

It is pricey, but laser hair removal is worth every penny. And having pale skin with dark hair makes you the ideal candidate.
When I was a kid I had an elderly neighbour who called me 'Snow White'! Yeah, it's a complete pain when you shave your legs and still have visible hair under the skin!! It drives me nuts *frown* In flattering light - candlelight for instance - the hair doesn't show, but I'd never go out in full daylight with bare legs, even if they'd just been shaved! Waxing doesn't seem to help either - I can never get rid of all the hair, and it tends to leave me with nasty irritated patches on my skin :-P I love having naturally dark eyelashes and eyebrows, but I sometimes envy blondes their smooth, hairless-looking skin...

I'm glad to hear that laser hair removal works so well, I can't wait to get it done!

~ Wei Hui
Old 02-15-2006, 03:33 AM   #137
Deviant Kitten

Xng, I've just noticed that you're now peeing on Peter Murphy! *grin* Are you the person with the most posts on this board? *bows to da gothness of Xng* :-D

~ Wei Hui
Old 02-15-2006, 11:21 AM   #138
Lady Ravenna

I mean...this is probably a really stupid question...and I probably know the damn answer, but I'm not doing so good today...but who ARE Peter and Andrew...I googled them but one of them is a lawyer and the other is a mortician...so...I have no idea. Maybe there is a connection that I'm not seeing here...
Lady Ravenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 11:30 AM   #139
your name here

I dont mean to make myself sound like an Idiot(too late) but whats a rasberry?
your name here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 11:41 AM   #140
Lady Ravenna

Quote:
Andrew Eldritch of the Sisters of Mercy, Peter Murphy of Bauhaus? The fathers of Gothic? It's ok that you didn't know, but you should definitely check out those bands!

And a raspberry, your name here, is when you stick out your tongue and make a noise like "pbbbbbt".

Where were we talking about a raspberry?
I've heard of the bands...but I didn't connect the names for some odd reason. And who doesn't know what a raspberry is? I think they are things that you need to master by the time you are 2, dont you think?
Lady Ravenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 08:44 PM   #141
Blackhearted

I pluck my eyebrows because I'm too cheap to do it any other way.
Blackhearted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 10:30 AM   #142
Draculette

This is a rather amusing thread

I personally think that making sure youre eyebrows are tidy and neat is very important! It adds to 'Natural' beauty, But I also think im a Bit eyebrow neat Crazy, I have been known to have spent over an hour drawing my eyebrows in trying to get both sides looking symmetrical! I use a light brown eyeliner pencil to go over some parts of my eyebrows where hair is missing because ive plucked too many out :P then use a Q-tip to perfect it :P
Draculette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 10:58 AM   #143
pheramoans

I used to shave them and draw them on but it got to be too much hassel..now i just pluck them.
pheramoans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 01:00 PM   #144
Teh_Emi

Shaved the hair on my arm once because it was naturally thick and black and NASTEH. It came back with thicker follicles. Ick.

I have the same problem as DK. Pale, almost translucent skin and very dark body hair. BLEH. I swear, I'mma save up my money and get that laser hair removal from my shoulders down or something. Expensive, yes, but ALL of my body hair is dark (arms, legs, STOMACH...) and I have very pale skin.

It's driving me insane. @_@ My eyebrows are black and bushy. I'm a lazy bum so I shave my unibrow and shape them in the same way. Ehhh.
Teh_Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 10:21 PM   #145
MissJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draculette
I use a light brown eyeliner pencil to go over some parts of my eyebrows where hair is missing because ive plucked too many out :P then use a Q-tip to perfect it :P
I have the same problem. I started plucking mine to death in the early 90s when it was all the rage and haven't been able to stop. I wished I had the guts to go all Kristen McMenamy who I loved at the time and just shave em the hell off. but yeah, now I have to let them grow so I can do a sort of "combover" and use some serious pencil skills to fill the gaps.
MissJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 08:16 AM   #146
Catch

I'm a plucker, but will also use hair removing chemicals (not listed) to get the finer hairs.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:31 AM   #147
Sobeh

I object to the poll for the following reasons:

(1) I'm a neanderthal, so if I was going to wax anything there'd need to be one less statue at the wax museam this year - I've less hair than, say, Robin Williams, but still.

(2) I do nothing but run the electric razor between my brows every few days - between! I'm not shaving brows, I say, I'm shaving the rogue hair-merchants that travel between the two brow-cities. Really, it's like I'm the bandit lord keeping them in check.

(3) Every now and then, a brow has roots like a damned redwood and grows pretty long without falling out, which is the fate of most, and then afterwards if it's feeling particularly piquant it'll just jut off at some wacky angle, and it'll be this fashion faux pas until I notice the fucker and force him to fall in line with the rest of his peers, but I never yank him out - hell, he's obviously got some pretty powerful connections, and he's risen above all the hairs around him...

(4) It's a symbol really, a symbol of the power to stand up and be unique, sure it makes you more likely to get noticed, for good or bad, but it really takes a powerful figure to accept individual accountability, especially in a city as troubled and crime-ridden as Eyebrow Two.

Yep...
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Sobeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 10:25 AM   #148
IlGato_DiDiablo

I love the descpition of every step you just told! I recently grew out my eyebrow to make them a teeny bit thicker and I just did them. They turned out exactly the way I wanted so I'm in a good mood/state at the moment!

Yep!
IlGato_DiDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 07:24 PM   #149
Catch

Quote:
Why not listed?
The poll just doesn't list Nair and other chemicals that just melt your hair. Not your skin.

("Melt your hair. Not your skin." That's a catchy jingle.)
Old 04-07-2006, 07:21 PM   #150
darkangel81

well, i have this thick black monobrow, but i don't care. It helps me express my feelings. :-)
darkangel81 is offline   Reply With Quote