Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 12-30-2005, 06:53 PM   #151
Needled

That might help lol
Needled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 07:50 PM   #152
joyslayer

It worked well for me.

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
joyslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 10:50 PM   #153
Kali Maxwell

I recently got my right nipple pierced. It was sort of a random decision, because, what the Hell, if in a year or so I don't like it, I can take the ring out and no one will ever know the difference. I like how it looks, though, so I don't see myself as starting to despise it any time soon.

I knew it was going to hurt, but the only time I had second thoughts was when, while I was barechested on the piercing chair, the piercing lady asked, "You ever had a piercing before?"

"No."

"Wow! Trial by fire, huh?"

O_o

It hurt more than I expected it to. I actually screamed when she stuck the needle through. That intial insertion is what hurts the most. My friend James laughed when he heard me, saying to the other men with him outside the curtain, "I have some sick friends."

Evidentally my scream sounded... orgasmic.

It hurts, but afterwords, I couldn't stop laughing from the adrenaline high. I could see how people might become addicted to it!

It isn't that expensive. About $60-$80, and that includes the stainless steel ring. For cleaning, it varies depending on what you pierce. They'll give you a sheet of instructions that tell you what to do. Regardless of the location, it's important that you clean it properly during the first two weeks or so, otherwise it'll get infected.
Kali Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 08:24 AM   #154
Metatron

I find that the best way to clean a new piercing is with Dial and warm water. For the first month or so, that's all you should use...and then pick up some H2Ocean. All the piercings I've gotten have healed tremendously faster than their normal healing period.
Old 12-31-2005, 08:33 AM   #155
Needled

I used biotene with my lip and tongue piercings, and h2ocean spray on my eyebrow piercing. Of course if you don't have access to these products you can always use soap and water on facial/body piercings, and saltwater soaks with oral piercings as well as everything else.
Old 12-31-2005, 08:34 AM   #156
Needled

OH AND

alcohol/peroxide/neosporin/alcohol-based mouthwashes are a big NO-NO.
Old 12-31-2005, 01:18 PM   #157
joyslayer

Yeah, listrine, BAD IDEA with oral piercings. Wohh boy. That stings for weeks. >_<

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
Old 12-31-2005, 01:37 PM   #158
Needled

It's definitely not a good idea. I was going through some of my shit this morning and found some old pictures of me getting my lip pierced. I think I'm going to post them on this thread tomorrow.
Old 12-31-2005, 01:50 PM   #159
joyslayer

Hmmm, very ummm, cool? I am thinking right now of getting my tongue repierced, but I am a little "iffy" about it.

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
Old 12-31-2005, 07:25 PM   #160
BloodLover

I want to get tattoos some day and i am planning them out now so I have time to decide if I really will want them, they will ALL mean something to me.

As far as peircings go, hehe. I had my ears peirced a while ago and stupidly enough I trusted Wal-Mart! The idiots peirced my ears at an angle causing me to be unable to exchange earrings and cause bleeding, so I had to take them out and let them heal (F***!) Now I`m going to DeadRockStar to try again because they specialize in this sort of thing!

I had my arms peirced a total of 3 times, this is where the "hehe" comes in because I did it myself. (someone had to of started the eyebrow, lip, bellybutton, ect. - this was no different!) and my knee cap done once (outter right) again, same thing, self-done, but it got torn out by my backpack! But I think this may be considered "stapling" because it wasn`t a through-through thing, just down, over, back up.

I also have a self-done scarification dragonfly on my left leg!
BloodLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 08:16 PM   #161
Metatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyslayer
Yeah, listrine, BAD IDEA with oral piercings. Wohh boy. That stings for weeks. >_<
Actually the stuff with no alcohol works pretty well...and swishing with salt water.
Old 12-31-2005, 08:22 PM   #162
mortalitas incomitatus

i'm running out of places to pierce..........

*another eliter*
mortalitas incomitatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 09:48 AM   #163
Needled

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyslayer
Hmmm, very ummm, cool? I am thinking right now of getting my tongue repierced, but I am a little "iffy" about it.
You probably know that where your tongue piercing once was, there will be scar tissue. I assume that's why your not sure about going through with it. I'm sure it would probably hurt considerably more than it did the first time you did it. But perhaps your piercer could do it in a different spot.. further back than the last time, or more up front. It really depends on where it was the first time. I would go for it if i were you!!

This week I'm supposed to get my nostril pierced. I'm excited about that.. I haven't got a piercing since September and I've been suffering From what I've heard this one is going to hurt. My piercer told me that my nostril was unusually thick.. Err, thanks? lol
Old 01-01-2006, 09:51 AM   #164
Needled

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortalitas incomitatus
i'm running out of places to pierce..........
You can NEVER run out of places to pierce!!!
Old 01-01-2006, 11:17 AM   #165
joyslayer

Yeah, needled has a point. You can pretty much pierce everything, with the right amount of creativity!

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
Old 01-01-2006, 07:23 PM   #166
Metatron

But you can run out of creativity...
Old 01-01-2006, 08:16 PM   #167
joyslayer

Then you have to use other people's creativity.........

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
Old 01-02-2006, 01:44 PM   #168
FenrisQueen

I have quite a few piercings, and I plan on getting a few more. I have an upper lip ring, three bottom labrets, both my nostrils and my septum are pierced, three holes in my left ear and four in my right, my Charlie ladder unfortunately was infected and I haven't repierced it. I also had a eyebrow piercing for a short while, but I grew tired of it.
Those are all the piercings above my neck...
Truth, justice, honor...none of that's worth shit. What matters is people, and people aren't honest or just or honorable. They're petty and they're angry and they're afraid, and all anyone really wants, deep down, is to be wanted. And what's truth to that?
FenrisQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 02:26 PM   #169
Needled

I live about half an hour away from Raleigh. I was wondering where you go for piercings?
Old 01-02-2006, 02:32 PM   #170
FenrisQueen

Heh. I usually find my bathroom works. I prefer to pierce myself usually, but if you are looking for a good piercing and or tattoo parlor I would definitely recommend Blue Flame Tattoo, on Hillsborough St. I've gone in a few times to hang out before a show at The Brewery, and everyone I know who has heard of or been to Blue Flame absolutely raves about the place. When I lived in Wilmington, the best places were Innkeepers and Jade Monkey. Wilmington has a bit more to choose from.
Truth, justice, honor...none of that's worth shit. What matters is people, and people aren't honest or just or honorable. They're petty and they're angry and they're afraid, and all anyone really wants, deep down, is to be wanted. And what's truth to that?
Old 01-02-2006, 02:40 PM   #171
Needled

I've heard of Blue Flame. Thanks for the reccomendation. I was just curious.. Bathroom? lol. I think I'll refrain from doing that. I'm too scared I would fuck something up. I've gotten several piercings from a guy in Kitrell. There are some piercings that he doesn't do though, so eventually I'm going to have to go to Raleigh.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:44 PM   #172
FenrisQueen

Yes, bathroom. I find it easier to do with a mirror. I only learned about the major vein running through my lower lip after I pierced it multiple times. My doctor is apparently, amazed I had the good luck to miss it three times.
What piercings won't he do? Most piercers don't have limitations.
Old 01-02-2006, 09:23 PM   #173
Needled

He does all of the basic piercings. He doesn't do any genital piercings, intricate ear piercings, and there are some oral piercings he will not do. He doesn't do monroes, smileys, cheek, or lowbret piercings. I asked him why and he seems to think that they cause too many problems.. I don't know. I trust him though, with the piercings that he will perform. He only pierces what he feels comfortable with. He has an autoclave and is approved by the health department. I haven't had any problems with anything he's done. But, eventually I'm going to want some other piercings that he doesn't offer! I'm really into rooks, anti-eyebrows, frowneys, and vertical labrets.
Old 01-03-2006, 10:24 AM   #174
WolfMoon

Fenris, where the F00K have ytou been, babe?

Long time no see!!!
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 01:35 PM   #175
joyslayer

I am a little iffy on the whole piercing myself thing. I just don't trust myself.

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil