Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 12-26-2023, 05:54 AM   #1
undeadredhead

Question What were your fave albums of 2023?

Since Spotify is basically ceasing to pay musicians that aren't already millionaires starting next year, I've decided to return to the old ways of mp3s and CDs, and I'm looking to build up my collection.

What have you been listening to? Which are the standout albums you've loved? Any and all genres/subgenres welcome, I'm afraid the Great and Powerful Overlord known as the algorithm has made my music taste a little insulated.
undeadredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2024, 04:31 PM   #2
THEUNQUIETGRAVE

Not too much new great stuff has come out lately, but I have to say Diary Of Dream's "Melancholin" was probably the best release that came out on CD for 2023, as well as some songs by a Ukrainian Goth band known as "Hans Helwinden", I really like his stuff.

But over the years, I have found less and less inspiring new works, and unfortunately less bands are committing to releasing CD's compared to times past, but I also love collecting. I spent the last couple of years bringing my own collection up to date.

What have you been enjoying lately?
THEUNQUIETGRAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 03:28 AM   #3
Molster

oooo, I'll have a listen to these, see if any of them get my hips wiggling...
Molster is offline   Reply With Quote