Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 07-21-2011, 07:32 PM   #1
TOXIC RAYNE14

Should i get a tattoo?

Hi,im 15 and i asked my mom can i get a tattoo and she said yes,but should i get it and am I to young to get a tattoo?
TOXIC RAYNE14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:54 PM   #2
Solumina

Most places won't tattoo anyone under 16, even with parental consent.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:35 PM   #3
AshleyO

Get New Moon tatted on your shoulder blades. You'll look fierce with Robbert Pattenson's face on it.
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 07:58 PM   #4
TOXIC RAYNE14

OH NOOOOO,NOT Robbert Pattenson.LOL
TOXIC RAYNE14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 08:31 AM   #5
Valhalla

You could probably find somewhere to get a tattoo if one of your parents went with you. That being said, I don't think you should.

Since you're only 15 you're probably still growing, wait a couple years until you're fully grown so your tattoo doesn't end up getting stretched out of shape. It will also give you lots of time to make sure you really want the tattoo.
Valhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 04:39 PM   #6
Lady Ruthven

I'd say go for it! I'm 16 and really want a tattoo but there's no way my parents will ever agree to it.
Lady Ruthven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 03:04 PM   #7
Antonio Blackheart

IMHO, No.

The simple fact that you are asking here even after obtaining the rather rare parental consent means that you are not ready for a tattoo.

Why don't you wait until you REALLY want one? When you are ready you will know 'cause you wont give a fuck what anyone else thinks. This may happen soon, later or never. Tats are overrated anyway, it's about your own choice.

Good luck!
Antonio Blackheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 04:50 PM   #8
Stormbringer

Yeah, I'd advise you to wait. Unless it's a small one on your wrist or somewhere. Big, elaborate tats take some getting used to and by the time you've spent time and money on them you might decide they wern't such a good idea after all.
Stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 05:58 PM   #9
Anise

Totally agree with the Stormbringer, best to wait or IF you must, go for a small design. When I was 15 I probs would have had different likes in terms of tattoos. The only consistency would be my Zofo symbol, in truth I have a reasonable amount of tattoos and if I'm honest I'd probably change them (modify them). . .
I have a large dragon in colour on my left arm, would prefer her to be in black & white lol .. I have my earlobe tattooed with a tiny Om symbol, it's cute, small.
People say it's different? Maybe consider a small ink there, easily covered with long hair or an earring for job interviews etc .. defo go for a placement that is easily hidden. Some employers are still iffy regarding tattoos in the workplace.
Hell, society in general just LOVES to judge
Anise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 10:07 AM   #10
Acharis

I want one but the money
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 06:11 PM   #11
Mina

As an heavily tattooed girl ( legs, back, hands, arms, neck, fingers ) I think you are too young. A tatto must be a result of hard cogitation, not just a fashion hipster thing. Take your time to build something you really want, don't do miserable stuff like sh*tty symbols like infinite signs, Chinese stuff, birds flying... All those things I see everyday in the streets and hurt my eyes. Very important too, choose a great artist, with regular well drawn lines, beautiful shades. The best is someone with his own style and not just someone doing copies. When someone commission me a tattoo design it's often for hiding a bad old one ( and sometimes it's a challenge )
Take a look on tats in magazines, learn what is a good tatto and what is a bad one. Good luck !
Mina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 03:39 AM   #12
ZipSnipe

As others have stated wait or at least get a tat that can be covered up if you try to get a job somewhere. Unfortunately employers will discriminate against tats which is sad. But you wanna make sure that you can get a good job when you start out young, after you find a good job and they know you are worth keeping you can get a tattoo where ever you like
ZipSnipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 02:05 PM   #13
GrahamMason

Totally agree with Mina. You should be a highly aware person to have your first tattoo. As for me, my first tattoo was made when I was 18. I wanted to celebrate my 18th birthday, so I decided to have a tattoo. My first tattoo has a long story, actually.
GrahamMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 05:16 PM   #14
GrahamMason

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamMason View Post
Totally agree with Mina. You should be a highly aware person to have your first tattoo. As for me, my first tattoo was made when I was 18. I wanted to celebrate my 18th birthday, so I decided to have a tattoo. My first tattoo has a long story, actually.
In short, when I was 6, I saw my elder brother studying Iranian Tattoos and asked him to tell me something about them. Tbh, I fell in love with the way they looked. So, he told me about the one that meant “a warrior who never gives up.” I got this Iranian Phrase tattooed on my body when I turned 18. So, yeah, your choice of a tattoo should be very meaningful. Then you won’t regret it 5 years later.
GrahamMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 06:04 AM   #15
edwardterr

If possible, wait until you get 18. You are so luck that you have a supportive parent but you should consider you pain tolerance capacity since you are still in the young age. gutter cleaning st paul reno web
edwardterr is offline   Reply With Quote