Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 09-18-2013, 10:41 AM   #1
Xombie

Mystery r*pes in Mennonite colony solved (mostly)

Quote:
F or a while, the residents of Manitoba Colony thought demons were r*ping the town’s women. There was no other explanation. No way of explaining how a woman could wake up with blood and semen stains smeared across her sheets and no memory of the previous night. No way of explaining how another went to sleep clothed, only to wake up naked and covered by dirty fingerprints all over her body. No way to understand how another could dream of a man forcing himself onto her in a field—and then wake up the next morning with grass in her hair.

-----

Then, one night in June 2009, two men were caught trying to enter a neighbor’s home. The two ratted out a few friends and, falling like a house of cards, a group of nine Manitoba men, ages 19 to 43, eventually confessed that they had been r*ping Colony families since 2005. To incapacitate their victims and any possible witnesses, the men used a spray created by a veterinarian from a neighboring Mennonite community that he had adapted from a chemical used to anesthetize cows. According to their initial confessions (which they later recanted), the r*pists admitted to—sometimes in groups, sometimes alone—hiding outside bedroom windows at night, spraying the substance through the screens to drug entire families, and then crawling inside.
This might be old news, but the article was just published on Vice a month ago. Anyway, how the hell did I not hear about this before? Talk about fucking grotesque. Read the whole thing; it's intense.
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:24 PM   #2
Solumina

Holy shit10
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:12 PM   #3
Acharis

Yeah, I remember posting about this a while ago. Fucking shocking.
At first I thought it was a hoax because it was so extreme - but it checked out with reputable sources.
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:36 AM   #4
Versus

Nopenopenope.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:13 PM   #5
BourbonBoy

Christ, after reading an article about it and how the Mennonites are, all I can think is:

This article about it is a hard read:

http://jezebel.com/mennonite-colony-...lem-1058040523
BourbonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:10 PM   #6
Lilyth Von Gore

Ugh. This kind of stuff makes me feel physically ill. That people would go to those lengths to do that kind of thing to women.
It just... I can't even.
Speaking as a survivor, it shouldn't surprise me that people are capable of this kind of shit. But it does. And it seems that those types of men are sinking to all new lows to achieve that kind of power over women, and their supporters are so quick to blame the victim.
Pardon me while I go throw up.
Lilyth Von Gore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 04:46 PM   #7
Xombie

They did not only go after women. Men were attacked as well, but only a few spoke up about it and I'm willing to be that they were not the only ones.
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:33 AM   #8
Acharis

And children. A three year old was among the victims.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:44 AM   #9
Acharis

(^Thankfully it was a 'lesser' assault in physical terms, but still...)

Couldn't they even have a goddamn neighbourhood watch? The response to this is so half assed, and the ones that kept going after the arrests are probably doing it because they know they can.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:58 PM   #10
Lilyth Von Gore

They got away with it because that's just the world we live in. Even if you do tell someone, no one fucking believes you, and instead lay blame on you, the victim, and make it out to be your fault somehow. Such is patriarchy and blatant misogyny.

Sorry for the rant. This is a subject which really grinds my gears....
Lilyth Von Gore is offline   Reply With Quote