Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 01-04-2005, 05:54 PM   #126
Empty_Purple_Stars

Before Sternn stumbles across this liberal piece of trash pretending to be a new article, posted by CNN, I though I would post it and give my two sense worth.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/asiapc...eut/index.html

Now before anyone gets all huffy, I think as MUCH help as we can possibly provide to the victims of the Tsunami should be offered. It is a terrible, terrible tragedy..

But to hear an American soldier utter these words, while in uniform:

"Oh yeah, no doubt," said U.S. Navy helicopter pilot Rachel Brainard. "Here we're helping people, not destroying things."

"At least here we know it's for a good cause. In Iraq we don't know what the outcome is going to be," said Airman Kimberly Kolar.

Give me a fucking break..

Your BOTH making female soldiers and pretty much soldiers in general look bad..

If ya wanna have a job that simply helps people, go join fucking Greenpeace or PETA. If you join the military, you are SWEARING to be willing to take up arms, protect your fellow countrymen, or men, women and children of other countries.

And YES even destroy things..

When a FELLOW SOLDIER speaks negatively about his or HER job, and the conflict that HER COUNTRY is involved in AND LEADING, that lowers morale, and spits on the death of every servicemen who has given their life during this conflict.

Take up fucking knitting or something,

But for the Love of GOD:

TURN IN YOUR WEAPON AND YOUR UNIFORM!!

You don't desereve to have either one of them..

"Other U.S. ships are entering the region to deliver relief from a U.S. military which has been sending most of its troops to Iraq.

War supporters predicted Iraqis would be happy to get rid of Saddam Hussein they would greet U.S. soldiers as conquering heroes, but instead violent Iraqi resistance has bogged down the U.S.-led effort."

More friggin liberal bullshit..

Now we expected to be greeted at the shores with hookers and cigars by the Iraqi people.

And is it some big SHOCK that we have been sending most of our military to Iraq since we're involved in A WAR there?

Uhh hello dumbasses..

Do they really think people are this dumb??

Are they that SHORT on REAL NEWS STORIES??

*Argh*

:x :x
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 06:43 PM   #127
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu
I think you're right too, cause here he is giving his victory speech...

Tea please don't get mad, I couldn't help myself.
hahahahahahahahahahaha. oh... that's priceless. could you imagine waking up one day to find that standing over you saying - i'm the boss now, bitch. get up and pay taxes.

wait - should i have put that in 'the question game' thread?
Old 01-04-2005, 07:20 PM   #128
.BatteryPoison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn
...its up to the people to make their views known and to fix their own problems. Its not for some outside think tank with too much money and power to decide the fate of a seperate sovern nation and come in, piss on their culture and religion and tell them they need to act more like they act.
Finally! Something we agree on. Now let's go tell Iran this and maybe they'll stop.

"I wanna skin me some fetuses and hang 'em, then chase them with hedgeclippers!" - Ice
.BatteryPoison. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 09:13 PM   #129
AlKilyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by edible_eye
Quote:
I think you're right too, cause here he is giving his victory speech...

Tea please don't get mad, I couldn't help myself.
hahahahahahahahahahaha. oh... that's priceless. could you imagine waking up one day to find that standing over you saying - i'm the boss now, bitch. get up and pay taxes.

wait - should i have put that in 'the question game' thread?
Heh thanks e_e. I was worried no one liked that.

Bonus points if anyone can tell me what movie poster that zombie is from!
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 09:26 PM   #130
.BatteryPoison.

"Zombie" :P

"I wanna skin me some fetuses and hang 'em, then chase them with hedgeclippers!" - Ice
.BatteryPoison. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 10:00 PM   #131
edible_eye

Quote:
Heh thanks e_e. I was worried no one liked that.
anything irreverant, especially if applied to touchy subjects other than children being harmed, works for me. let's face facts - we ALL laugh when it's someone else getting hit in the balls, except maybe women but that's perfectably understandable since they're the yin to our yang.

bonus points collected - the movie's name is... zombie.
Old 01-04-2005, 10:01 PM   #132
AlKilyu

HOLY SHIT! :shock:

I expected Loy to come in and clean up with that one. Nice .bp. (edit and e_e!)!

Also we would have accepted "Zombi".
Old 01-04-2005, 10:05 PM   #133
edible_eye

no fair. just cuz she's got faster fingers than i do doesn't mean i shouldn't get s-o-m-e credit.
Old 01-20-2005, 08:54 AM   #134
TeapotScar

Let's talk about Chechnya-

Quote:
REBELS OFFER DISABLED RUSSIAN OFFICER COMPENSATION
Novye izvestia reported on January 18 that Gennady Uminsky, the retired warrant officer who filed suit in an Oryol district court on January 13 seeking restitution from the separatist Chechen government for disabling injuries he suffered when his unit was trapped in a three-week battle with rebel forces while patrolling Grozny in 1996, recently received a response from the rebels. According to the newspaper, Uminsky got a call from one Nabir Abdullaev, who identified himself as a representative of the "government of Ichkeria" and said he was ready to pay compensation.

As the Moscow Times reported on January 17, Oryol's district court ruled last year that the Defense Ministry should compensate Uminsky with a lump sum of almost 1 million rubles ($34,000) and a monthly pension of $900, but the Oryol regional court reversed the ruling in August, saying the government was not obliged to pay him because it was impossible to determine who exactly was responsible for his injuries. As Novye izvestia reported, the regional court suggested he appeal to "the causers of the harm," meaning Chechnya's separatists. Uminksy, who believes that his unit was trapped by Shamil Basaev's forces, told the Moscow Times after he filed suit: "I know Basaev will laugh when he learns about this, and I will laugh with him over this idiocy. But what else can I do if the Russian government and the Russian courts have put this absurdity on me?" According to Novye izvestia, rebel representative Nabir Abdullaev told Uminsky: "We will pay you for causing harm to [your] health. But after we pay, tell the whole world about it. We will not abandon this war."

Meanwhile, Aleksandr Ryklin wrote in an item posted January 13 on Ej.ru, the website of Yezhenedlnyi zhurnal, that in directing Uminsky to seek compensation from the rebels, Russia had "de facto recognized Ichkeria as an independent state capable of taking responsibility for various types of obligations." Ryklin added: "It is not necessary to feel uneasy about taking money from an enemy of your country. Because if the country has turned its back on you, then you no longer owe it anything."
The behavior of the Russian courts disgusts me. If the Russian commander was put in danger that was too much for him and his troops to handle, they should have gotten reinforcements or retreated to safety immediately. When this did not happen, the Russian government should have at least compensated him for his bravery.

The war in Chechnya is extremely intense, and if Russia isn't going to back up its own soldiers, they're just going to lose. As I hope they do, anyway.

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
TeapotScar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 01:42 PM   #135
Empty_Purple_Stars

Here's one for the " What the FUCK were you thinking DUMBASS?" category:

Democrats charged in Election Day tire-slashing in Wisconsin

MILWAUKEE, Wisconsin (AP) -- The sons of a first-term congresswoman and Milwaukee's former acting mayor were among five Democratic activists charged Monday with slashing the tires of vans rented by Republicans to drive voters and monitors to the polls on Election Day.

Sowande Omokunde, son of Rep. Gwen Moore, D-Wis., and Michael Pratt, the son of former Milwaukee acting mayor Marvin Pratt, were among those charged with criminal damage to property, a felony that carries a maximum punishment of 3 1/2 years in prison and a $10,000 fine.

The activists are accused of flattening the tires on 25 vehicles rented by the state Republican Party to get out the vote and deliver poll watchers November 2.

Also charged were Lewis Caldwell and Lavelle Mohammad, both from Milwaukee, and Justin Howell of Racine.

The GOP rented more than 100 vehicles that were parked in a lot adjacent to a Bush campaign office. The party planned to drive poll watchers to polling places by 7 a.m. and deliver any voters who didn't have a ride.

Some Republican officials have criticized Milwaukee County District Attorney E. Michael McCann, a Democrat, for taking more than two months to bring charges.

McCann said FBI agents were involved in interviewing witnesses in four states: Georgia, Virginia, Maryland and New York.

"We asked the FBI knowing that this probably wouldn't be their first priority," he said.

Rick Wiley, state GOP executive director, discovered the vandalism on the morning of Election Day.

"It was unbelievable that people could stoop this low in a political campaign," he said. "I figured it had to be someone from the opposition. But I didn't think someone on the paid (John) Kerry campaign would do this."

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel quoted sources Sunday as saying the five were paid staffers.

Wiley didn't say whether the vandalism prevented anyone from voting, but he said poll watchers were about two hours late.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/ALLPOLITICS/....ap/index.html

Now how fucking retarded is that???

These friggin tools couldn't hope to win the presedential election on platform and merit, so let's resort to juvenille vandalism instead??

" Let's see, we've tried getting Bruce Springsteen to sing shitty 80's song for us, we have tried making up shit about the President's service record, we even tried to PRETEND that Kerry was an excellent choice for President, but NONE of that shit worked."

" Hmm... "

" I KNOW, LET'S SLASH THEIR FUCKING TIRES!!!"

"YEAH!!"

"WOW, WE FRIGGIN RULE"

" I AGREE, PASS ME THE PATCHOULI AND THE COLDWATER CREEK CATALOG!!"

:shock:

Dumbasses...
Old 01-24-2005, 01:56 PM   #136
Loy

E_P_S-Sadly enough, I saw both sides pulling this type of shit up here. Repub's would go around pulling "Kerry" signs out of lawns, typing 'em up to rocks and throwing them into the windows of the houses whose lawns said signs were on. Dem's broke into the Republican HQ on the eastside and trashed it.

I find it funny most of the time, just like the time a certain radio personality, who I won't name (hint-rhymes with "Tom Leykis") got the shit kicked out of him by an irrate listener and he was suprised, wondering "what could cause somebody to do this to me?".

Also reminds me of when I was speaking with the head of Republican recruitment and I asked him to give me a good reason why I should vote for Bush, and he said "because he's a Republican", so of course I laughed at him, calling him a brainless tool, and before I could complete the discourse he decked me....so much for the "Republicans are for peace" sign his underling was holding I guess.

I guess my point is that shit like this shouldn't be used as a barometer for what the constituancy of any party is like, since it would be hypocritical to call out one side whislt ignoring the other.
Old 01-24-2005, 01:59 PM   #137
Empty_Purple_Stars

I agree..

People like this shouldn't have to die to be eligible for the Darwin Award..

Tool definitely sums it up..

It should be tattoed on their foreheads in invisible ink that only people above a certain I.Q. point can read..

Sigh..

I can fantasize right??
Old 01-24-2005, 02:04 PM   #138
Loy

Goes right up there with my "consumer test"....a test to be taken by all citizens before they can become consumers. Things to be tested-reading comprehension, basic mathmatics, courtesy (usually called "common courtesy", which is actually an example of what is known as "irony") skills.
Old 01-24-2005, 02:07 PM   #139
Empty_Purple_Stars

Ahhh yes, that would be lovely..

But I guess it would be over the top to then have a 'season' on the people that failed, like uhh 'deer season'?

Haha..

Kidding of course..

Uh sorta..

:roll:
Old 01-24-2005, 02:15 PM   #140
Loy

Ohhhh, this gives me an idea.....

"Entertain Us"

A new reality TV show, where people who failed this test will have to show us why they should be allowed to live by having them compete in a talent show, and if the audience gets bored with them, they're then killed in a fashion voted on by the audience!

You know FOX would have that show if they could get away with it!
Old 01-24-2005, 02:23 PM   #141
Empty_Purple_Stars

Oh hell yeah:

"Uhh, hi my name is Diedre and I am going to play the spoons for you today using my cleft lip!!

*BZZZZZZZZZ*

Death by Bukkaka!!!!

Muahuahuahuahuahua!!

Next!!!

:wink:
Old 01-29-2005, 12:03 AM   #142
Empty_Purple_Stars

Here's hoping that Sunday's election in Iraq goes off with as little bloodshed as possible.

This article put a great big smile on my face..

Iraqis worldwide celebrate landmark vote

More than 280,000 expatriates registered in 14 countries
Friday, January 28, 2005 Posted: 8:53 PM EST (0153 GMT)

(CNN) -- "I feel as if I've just been born"; "It was the best thing I have actually ever done in my life"; "This is just like a dream."

Those were the words of Iraqi expatriates Friday as they went to polling sites around the world to take part in the first free Iraqi elections in more than a half-century.

Around the world in 14 countries, tens of thousands of expatriates -- many of them exiles who fled Saddam Hussein's dictatorship -- were jubilant as they had a say in their homeland's government for the first time.

Organizers said more than 280,000 Iraqi expatriates registered to vote, and in many places can do so through Sunday.

The total number of registrations represents only about 25 percent of the Iraqis believed to be living abroad and eligible to vote.

In the United States, only 25,000 registered -- barely more than 10 percent of the 235,000 Iraqis who organizers said were eligible to vote.

Peter Erben of the International Organization for Migration, which is overseeing the out-of-country voting effort, insisted the registration numbers are impressive.

A 25 percent voter turnout "in a diaspora vote is more than most democracies can boast of," he said.

Many expatriates at polling sites expressed displeasure that their comrades were not rushing to take part.

"I say to others: You've lost your chance," said 20-year-old Ola Hussein in London, England, adding that she hopes they will take part in future elections.

About 31,000 expatriates are registered in Britain and about the same number in Sweden. More than 25,000 are registered in Germany.

Thanks to Americans

After months of headlines from Iraq dominated by struggles to gain stability in the country and seemingly endless spates of deadly attacks, Friday became a time of celebration.

Many Iraqis expressed gratitude not only for the chance to vote, but also for the U.S.-led invasion that ousted Saddam.

"I'd like to thank every American in uniform," said Nick Najjar in Southgate, Michigan.

"I'd like to thank the government of the United States entirely, Democratic or Republic[an] for what they did to Iraq to liberate Iraq from Saddam's dictatorship. Thank you very much."

"It's the greatest day in my life, the greatest feeling ever in my life," said Montador Almosawi, also in Southgate.

"My feeling is that I'm doing something for my country. And we always say that a distance of 1,000 miles starts with one step -- and that's the biggest step we're doing right now."

"This is just like a dream for all of the Kurdish people in Iraq," said 22-year-old Goran Rahim, whose family fled Kirkuk when he was 5, after Saddam's regime gassed thousands of Kurds.

Rahim, his brother and a friend played Kurdish music in the parking lot of the polling site in New Carrollton, Maryland, where they planned to camp out for three days as voters keep coming.

"We've spent our lives ... in evilness, now it's time for happiness, and we can spend three days in happiness," he said.

Rahim said his vote is "against those terrorists, those evils. And my vote is for all those Iraqi kids -- I don't want them to experience my yesterday that I had."

Polling sites for Iraqi citizens in the United States were open in and around Los Angeles, California; Washington, D.C.; Chicago, Illinois; Nashville, Tennessee; and Detroit, Michigan.

"Some people have traveled 20 hours" to vote, said Roger Bryant, head of the U.S. office of out-of-country voting. "There is a great interest in this process."

Unlike voters in Iraq, who plan to head to the polls under the threat of bloody attacks, expatriates in most places had no such concerns. (Attacks continue)

'You feel like you want to cry'
The voting began with Shimon Haddad, who, as manager of the biggest voting center in Australia, cast his ballot about 15 minutes before the polls opened at 7 a.m. (3 p.m. ET Thursday) in Sydney.

He described himself as "very excited, very happy."

"Happy because I vote -- the first time in our life we were allowed to vote for a democratic government," he said. (Full story)

Some of the strongest participation was reported in Iran, where 60,000 people registered -- a figure believed to represent about 75 percent of Iraqis in the country.

"We have come today to vote for a future of Iraq aimed at having an Islamic republic," said Iraqi expatriate Raziyeh Hossein, who voted in Tehran.

In Syria, about 10 percent of Iraqis believed to be living in the country have registered to vote. By midday Friday there was a trickle of voters at a site in Damascus.

Iraqi exiles Falah Hassan, a shoe factory worker, and Muayed Maaksoud, an agricultural engineer, drove four hours to the capital.

"I am lost for words," Hassan said. "I am 49 years old, but I feel as if I've just been born."

Maaksoud said he felt like "a new human."

Outside a polling site in London, 19-year-old Zaineb Field said, "I must say it was the best thing I have actually ever done in my life. ... People were clapping, so emotional, you feel like you want to cry."

Many voters in every country were confounded by the process that requires them to cast a single ballot for a list of candidates for the 275-seat transitional national assembly. There are more than 100 lists to choose from.

Each party or coalition represented by a list will be awarded seats based on the proportion of votes each receives.

The national assembly will eventually select a president and two vice presidents, and the president will appoint a prime minister. It will also write a national constitution, which is to be put before voters in a referendum in October.

"This is democracy in the making. This is freedom in the making," said Ghanim al-Shibli, Iraq's ambassador to Australia.

"The Iraqi people are experiencing and tasting freedom. This is something tremendous -- just give you goose pimples."

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/...ing/index.html

Gives me goose bumps too.
Old 01-29-2005, 03:47 PM   #143
WolfMoon

The birth of a new era, the labor was worth it.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 06:33 AM   #144
Binkie

Well... I can't get much sleep. Keep waking up wanting to know how the Iraqi elections are going. Thus far I've been hearing and reading of amazing stories where there have been long lines out of a school when a suicide bomber approached the gate, was stopped by the ING, then blew himself up, killing four people. The people who witnessed this didn't get out of line. They wanted to vote. That's determination.
Binkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 10:45 AM   #145
AlKilyu

Old 01-30-2005, 11:06 AM   #146
edible_eye

hey - where'd you put that finger?
Old 01-30-2005, 11:20 AM   #147
Granny-like_the_apple

Is that that "wear blue marker on your finger for Iraq" thing?

Don't let mobile phone conversations lead to premature sex and pregnancy.
Granny-like_the_apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 11:24 AM   #148
AlKilyu

"Ted Kennedy and Capt Sternn..."

"...name two people getting drunker than usual tonight over the success of the Iraqi elections."
Old 01-30-2005, 11:31 AM   #149
edible_eye

capt sternn...

name someone who is...

Old 01-30-2005, 11:37 AM   #150
Binkie

CaptSternn....

Name Someone Who Just Got.....

Binkie is offline   Reply With Quote