Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

View Poll Results: ...
.. 0 0%
... 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 09:15 PM   #7151
Solumina

I feel like crap, my period is starting to seriously get unbearable, especially the first day. I have an appointment with my gyno but that isn't until winter break because she is back home, until then I'm going to have to depend on prescription painkillers.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Old 10-24-2008, 09:47 PM   #7152
TheBloodEternity

Prescription pain killers?
Damn.
My cramps are bad enough I just take the prescription dosage of ibuprofen (800 mg). Sucks. =(

Is this due to the problem you had with your ovary, or something completely separate that has been getting worse?

"Lucifer was an idiot, it wound up lord and master of nothing at all."
Old 10-24-2008, 09:47 PM   #7153
††BlackRose††

Damn, this is getting to me a lot harder than I thought...
I need to get a hold of everything that's going around me. It's like a whirlpool of things piling up one after another swirling around in my head. I'm still healing after what happened before, and now this about me changing...
I don't want to change... I've done it countless times before. So now I have to take another personality makeover session. Be almost like how I used to be...

The things that I used to pride myself over are not as strong as they used to be (I understand that this is making absolutely no sense but this is just for me to vent out and I know what I'm talking about and no I won't reveal the whole story :P).

I have to see where I made that slip-up. I have an idea, but I have to re-trace my tracks and see what truly went on. My friend really hit a touchy subject when he said I changed in the way that he said I did. So in the midst of healing, I have to change. It can be done. I've done it before...
Old 10-25-2008, 09:18 AM   #7154
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBloodEternity
Prescription pain killers?
Damn.
My cramps are bad enough I just take the prescription dosage of ibuprofen (800 mg). Sucks. =(

Is this due to the problem you had with your ovary, or something completely separate that has been getting worse?
it wouldn't be the ovary as that is only a problem with releasing an egg. Honestly I'm not sure what it could be but for now I'm on T3 so thankfully I can still function just fine.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Old 10-25-2008, 10:13 AM   #7155
dead_dreams

I broke my lamp yesterday, now I've got shards of glass stuck in the bottom of my foot and several cuts on my fingers and hands
Old 10-25-2008, 10:48 AM   #7156
Geoluhread

God!! Today i survived one of the worst period cramps ever
I was on the phone with my friend and i had to hang up because i couldn't talk anymore and just was screaming in pain (which sounds embarrassing if that particular friend was a guy).

Now I'm better, but there is slight pain.
I'm keeping myself warm and hoping for the day to pass
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Old 10-27-2008, 08:27 AM   #7157
Tam Li Hua

Dad Going In For Heart Surgery [Stint].

My dad is getting another stint put into his heart this afternoon. He's 72 years old, and this is the fourth one he's had in the past few years. He's still spry even at 72, but every time he gets one of these, it twists my guts around.

It would be nice to not lose another parent any time soon, especially my Dad ESPECIALLY close to my wedding. He has GOT to walk me down the aisle...and then hang around for a good ten or so years after that, in good health and sane mind.

I love my Dad, and I know the surgery will probably go fine, but it's still surgery, so it still makes me nervous.

*prays and hopes for the best, and tries not to worry so much.*

Last edited by Tam Li Hua; 10-27-2008 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Added Title
Old 10-27-2008, 09:42 AM   #7158
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoluhread
God!! Today i survived one of the worst period cramps ever
I was on the phone with my friend and i had to hang up because i couldn't talk anymore and just was screaming in pain (which sounds embarrassing if that particular friend was a guy).

Now I'm better, but there is slight pain.
I'm keeping myself warm and hoping for the day to pass
Why is it embarrassing if it's a guy?
Old 10-27-2008, 10:22 AM   #7159
Geoluhread

Because sounds like some dirty noise more than pain screams =P

@Tam, big hugs for you. I don't know what to say other than i hope he'll be ok, keep us posted.
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Old 10-27-2008, 12:04 PM   #7160
Delkaetre

I just found out that some bastard* was dicking around on my MSN when I left myself signed in a while back. Few months ago now, but it may explain why a few contacts dropped rather abruptly offline.

If I have insulted, offended, propositioned or otherwise spoken to you in a manner distinctly cruder than usual , then that would be why.
Thankfully, my new place has bedroom doors that lock.

*my former housemate, the one with the octopus hands
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Old 10-27-2008, 12:13 PM   #7161
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoluhread
Because sounds like some dirty noise more than pain screams =P

Why would that be embarrassing if you're an adult who can handle menstruation?
Oh wait.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:20 PM   #7162
JCC

My rant is that Albert Mond is a stupid cunt who feels that everyone is responsible for the crimes of other people of their race.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:37 PM   #7163
Underwater Ophelia

^^^My rant, too.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:10 PM   #7164
LaBelleDameSansMerci

My oven has failed me in my time of need. I now get to bake a Double Fucking Batch of ginger cookies Four Fucking Cookies At A Time because my oven is Too Much Of An Ass to Heat Up Properly.
GRRRAAA!!! What should have taken an hour and a half max has so far taken 3.5, and I've probably done about 2/3 of the cookies.
*rages*
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:17 PM   #7165
Jaye Jang

Geo, hope you're feeling better. Try some ginger or blackberries. Those both help cramps, but seriously, please see a doctor. If you are getting cramps that bad, there could be something going on (anything for a torsion to cysts).

LaBelle, can you get ahold of a toaster oven?
Old 10-27-2008, 11:25 PM   #7166
LaBelleDameSansMerci

That's what I'm using, and that's why I can only do four at a time >.<

And I have to wrap each little fucker in plastic wrap because they're for a bake sale.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:51 PM   #7167
LaBelleDameSansMerci

Sorry for the double post, but AAAAHHH Fucker. I've run out of plastic. *runs off to 24-hour grocery store to get some more*

Old 10-28-2008, 12:16 AM   #7168
Jaye Jang

Okay, here's my rant for the night. Just got home from work and I cannot sleep. Once again, I know we are not supposed to get 'personally involved' with what we type, but I'm so frustrated. One of the last reports I typed tonight was on a teenager who wound up in the emergency department. (This kid does not come from a poor family. The parents are well-off enough to afford a cabin in a resort area, so what they did to this child, to me, is unconscionable). The parents are apart, and apparently so caught up in their new 'relationships' that neither parent wants their teen now, so
they kicked the kid out of the house -- and he is being forced to live in the woodshed behind the cabin!! He told the doctors that it is metal, unheated and has no door lock. (It's been snowing here on-and-off since August. We also have some pretty creepy things in the 'woodsy' here -- everything from weirdos to mountain lions). What blew me away is that when this teenager finally came to the attention of the doctors, they sent the kid back to the parents! What really galls me is that everyone is trying to figure out what is wrong with the kid. I personally think the problem is not the kid, but the parents. I realize my attitude is inappropriate and unprofessional, but I really just wish there was something I could do for this kid. This really bothers me.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:23 AM   #7169
LaBelleDameSansMerci

Wow. I don't know what to say to that.

The only thing I could think would be to make an anonymous report to child services, if they do such a thing.

Old 10-28-2008, 03:59 AM   #7170
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaye Jang
Okay, here's my rant for the night. Just got home from work and I cannot sleep. Once again, I know we are not supposed to get 'personally involved' with what we type, but I'm so frustrated. One of the last reports I typed tonight was on a teenager who wound up in the emergency department. (This kid does not come from a poor family. The parents are well-off enough to afford a cabin in a resort area, so what they did to this child, to me, is unconscionable). The parents are apart, and apparently so caught up in their new 'relationships' that neither parent wants their teen now, so
they kicked the kid out of the house -- and he is being forced to live in the woodshed behind the cabin!! He told the doctors that it is metal, unheated and has no door lock. (It's been snowing here on-and-off since August. We also have some pretty creepy things in the 'woodsy' here -- everything from weirdos to mountain lions). What blew me away is that when this teenager finally came to the attention of the doctors, they sent the kid back to the parents! What really galls me is that everyone is trying to figure out what is wrong with the kid. I personally think the problem is not the kid, but the parents. I realize my attitude is inappropriate and unprofessional, but I really just wish there was something I could do for this kid. This really bothers me.
You've got his name, right? Call the cops.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:38 AM   #7171
transylvanian_hunger

Fuck!!!!!! I just stepped in a family member's dog's shit as I walked through the lounge room with the lights off!!!! Since it was their dog I woke them, dragged them out of bed & made them clean it up.

EDIT: DIRTY ANIMAL!!!!!
Old 10-28-2008, 07:43 AM   #7172
jack_the_knife

I forgot to shut my window when I went out this morning, and now my room is partially drenched and has ruined a drawing I was working on, my phone, my copy of Aesop's Fables and a few magazines. Yay for bad weather
Old 10-28-2008, 08:59 AM   #7173
Jaye Jang

Geo, That was supposed to be 'from a torsion to cysts.' Been working a lot of overtime lately. Brain is fried.

JCC, I wish I could. The problem with being a medical typist is that we are constrained by patient privacy laws, so even though I have the patient's name, I cannot release it to the police. I can only hope the ER doctor did that. By law, he would have to contact CPS. Since the family is 'privileged', whether they will do anything or not is up to them. My feelings, personally, are not 'professionally' distant. I want to find this kid, and get the child someplace warm at least. I'm hoping CPS will do that. I'm definitely hoping they will prosecute the parents for neglect.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:15 AM   #7174
Saya

Jaye, does your community have an anonymous tip line? No one has to know its you.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:25 AM   #7175
Jaye Jang

Saya, We do, but we have to give a reason for the suspicion, and I do not know these people. Knowing the reporting laws here, the ER doctor would HAVE to report this by law. Whether CPS will do anything is anybody's guess.
Closed Thread