Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Commentary

Commentary Dicussion and feedback for Gothic.net articles, fiction, and news. This is where the community gets to add their thoughts and perhaps constructive opinions about the fiction and articles and such.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:30 AM   #1
Eeegor

Gothic Fashion Sister Site Gothic.org Launches

Quote:
At Gothic.net HQ, we love dark literature and horror movies . . . and spooky makeup tutorials and velvet frocks. A lot of people like all of those things, but a lot of people tend to kind of like either the former or the latter. Although Gothic.net will continue to cover the occasional exemplary gothic [...]
Read the full article...
Eeegor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 05:54 PM   #2
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
It looks interesting but just what is it trying to accomplish that gnet's own fashion section can't? Or is this simply an attempt at a gnet copy without the thick skin normally required of our members, in order to attract newer blood?

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:19 PM   #3
Solumina

I don't know, I can't access it while at work, it's filtered as "adult content"
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:02 PM   #4
Gothic.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
I don't know, I can't access it while at work, it's filtered as "adult content"
Do you happen to know what filter system your work uses? The site really isn't adult and never has been.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:08 PM   #5
Gothic.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus View Post
It looks interesting but just what is it trying to accomplish that gnet's own fashion section can't? Or is this simply an attempt at a gnet copy without the thick skin normally required of our members, in order to attract newer blood?
Covering that much Gothic style, fashion, makeup, etc. seemed like a very radical shift from what this site has traditionally been focused on. We're also working on doing more horror and literary coverage over here, and we're pretty happy with how things are going on this end. I suspect Gothic.org will develop a different audience mix, but there will undoubtedly be some crossover.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:34 PM   #6
Saya

Quote:
I felt kinda wrong when I asked what colour would go with a tie-dye sun dress the other week, I'm pretty okay with having a separate site. A lot of us have been here a long time and grew out of the fashion.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:49 PM   #7
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothic.net View Post
Do you happen to know what filter system your work uses? The site really isn't adult and never has been.
No idea but it wouldn't be the first site that was filtered in a way that makes little sense.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:50 PM   #8
Saya

You know I almost look forward to the inevitable sneaking over and seeing what the other is doing, like looking in an alternate dimension and they are like us only evil with beards.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:08 PM   #9
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothic.net View Post
It's the blue blood advertisements that cause the problem. Back in high school when I worked directly under the man who was in charge of the tech department for the whole district it was flagged when he checked up on my internet activities while at work, and listed the problem as the banner ads.

I honestly feel like I should have written a speech or something for the inaugural post, Oh well, maybe I'll write a speech for the first intro thread. Speaking of intro threads, why is there no intro forum? Are we just going to consolidate it

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 05-10-2012, 09:17 PM   #10
Renatus

continued from previous post: are we just going to consolidate the intro forum into the general forum on G.ORG since many new people don't even bother with the intro section of the forums?

Also perhaps we should think of a different way to refer to it than the method we use for gnet, since gorg just sounds crude.

Old 05-10-2012, 09:37 PM   #11
Renatus

BTW the login strip at the top of the page has it set up so that the "remember me" button ends up getting covered up by the topmost banner advert when it finally loads.

I would post this on gothic.org but I just feel like I'm dealing with a virgin website there, and I don't want the first thing they see on the new website being technical issues.

Old 05-10-2012, 09:42 PM   #12
Renatus

Also, did you really have to transfer over my infractions? I know they've been canceled out, but I'd like to start off with a nice fresh 0.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:18 PM   #13
Gothic.net

Quote:
Also, did you really have to transfer over my infractions? I know they've been canceled out, but I'd like to start off with a nice fresh 0.
I don't see any infractions listed for you there.

Click the Infractions tab and it says '0'
Old 05-12-2012, 11:41 PM   #14
Gothic.net

Quote:
BTW the login strip at the top of the page has it set up so that the "remember me" button ends up getting covered up by the topmost banner advert when it finally loads.
Fixed. Thank you for pointing that out.