Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 02-12-2006, 06:09 AM   #51
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by succubus,queenofvampires
In France,they use Dieu.
in france, they use the white flag.

next?
Old 02-12-2006, 06:43 AM   #52
edible_eye

Quote:
I'm in a catholic school,and I live in an Arabic country and when we're praying in Arabic,we use Allah.And I,for sure, am not a Muslim...
However,there's this stereotyped idea that Allah is the God Muslims pray for.Allah is Arabic for God,and since Muslims are mostly Arabs and pray in Arabic,this term has been linked to them.
if i were to substitute the word "allah" for god while i was praying here in america, i might have gained a few odd looks, nothing more. try substituting the word "god" for allah in lebanon, then tell me they're the same.
Old 02-12-2006, 07:20 AM   #53
Queenofdarkness57

Quote:
Originally Posted by edible_eye
i spent most of my young life in catholic school (still trying to purge that fuckin' guilt from my tarnished soul) and never once was i told to pray to "allah", despite the arabic translation. those fucks chanting "praise allah, death to america" on television aren't praying to the same god i used to.

just thought i might clear that.
Well what do you expect? They despise America for invading their countries in the Middle East. Muslims stick together especially since America has caused them so many problems. In my school, we pray to Allah, God and Dieu, it doesn't make any difference. I disagree with forbidding persons to enter the states because they're assumed to be terrorists although they should be well checked before. Minds differ, muslims are not all terrorists!
Old 02-12-2006, 08:24 AM   #54
succubus,queenofvampires

Quote:
if i were to substitute the word "allah" for god while i was praying here in america, i might have gained a few odd looks, nothing more. try substituting the word "god" for allah in lebanon, then tell me they're the same.
Of course you are going to get odd looks in America if you substitute the word allah for god;however,this isn't the case here because people pray in Arabic,French,English,and Armenian,to name a few.So,in here,they're the same.Well,at least from the Christian point of view they are.
succubus,queenofvampires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 08:45 AM   #55
Disfunction

Quote:
i remember being taught in school, way back when (5th or 6th grade) that i was born into the greatest country on earth and it was my responsibility, as a citizen, to work hard and learn as much as i could in order to keep this country going strong. they're not allowed to teach messages like that anymore. something about it being offensive to other cultures, or some such shit. maybe other cultures need to get some ego pumping happening instead of whining and complaining about what they don't like about america.

waaah-waaaah-fucking-waaaah.
Might it be something about greatness being a subjective quality and by no means possible a quantitative, measurable value, and therefore greatness being taught as fact inside the schools would be skewed propaganda? It's not like the idea doesn't already reverberate throughout the student body as it is.

Quote:
they have no choice because all they have is the opportunity to be subservient? or they have no choice because they have no one, throughout their entire country, who is able to figure out alternative ways for their people to be competitive in order to generate a better way of life? or they have no choice because people in the united states are a bunch of shitheads?
I never went as far to say people in the United States were a bunch of shitheads. I lived there, if you don't recall rightly, and I was beaten up at least once per week at one of my schools, and made fun of relentlessly simply for being Canadian. Still, I don't hold a grudge against the people for that, likely because they had some ridiculous bias against Canada that had been taught to them. At any rate...

It's not as simple as having people there needing to develop alternative ways for their people to be competitive and in order to generate a better way of life. It's a matter of the nation being so deeply entrenched in death that everything they do is a matter of desperation to keep from the interest from compounding even further than it already has. It's like the entire nation, and other nations in its same position are enslaved by the first world through their debt. It is not the United States alone, though the coporations exploiting their economic plight sure are American, transnational corporations.

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 08:48 AM   #56
Disfunction

I'll also add that I get equally irritated when any nation's people assert the idea of their own superiority, or their own religious leaders, or the followers themselves assert the certainty of the correctness of their own path with no force of support beyond the skewed and insubstantive logic of faith. Faith in some twisted idea that benefits none and blinds others to the idea that no nation is perfect, nor close.

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 08:50 AM   #57
WolfMoon

I think what you're trying to say, dearie, is that it's just a different language and therefore a different name. Still talking about the same deity, though. The thing is, most people that worship 'god' think that he supports their way of thinking. Regardless of what religion they're from.

Summarization can be a wonderful thing.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 09:50 AM   #58
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofdarkness57
Well what do you expect? They despise America for invading their countries in the Middle East. Muslims stick together especially since America has caused them so many problems. In my school, we pray to Allah, God and Dieu, it doesn't make any difference. I disagree with forbidding persons to enter the states because they're assumed to be terrorists although they should be well checked before. Minds differ, muslims are not all terrorists!
bullshit. the fanatics in your country despise america because we're not overrun by fanatical muslims here. according to them, americans are infidels and should be murdered, people like that female journalist they're threatening to kill as we speak. muslims don't stick together - the most fucked up factions of the religion threaten to behead those who don't obey and everyone else falls in line in fear. justify away, though instead of fighting back. it's what you guys do best.

apparently, you feel muslim hatred toward america is appropriate - not surprising in the least as you're likely just another clone of the whole "america is evil" mindset that defines the middle east. afghanistan and iraq don't matter - your hatred was there long before we showed up to whoop some ass.

and who's refusing to allow people into the states on the assumption that they're terrorists? is that what they're teaching you these days or are you referring to that list at the beginning of this thread?

sure - not all muslims are terrorists but guess what - thus far, all terrorists have been muslim.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:09 AM   #59
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfunction
Might it be something about greatness being a subjective quality and by no means possible a quantitative, measurable value, and therefore greatness being taught as fact inside the schools would be skewed propaganda? It's not like the idea doesn't already reverberate throughout the student body as it is.
or... it might be that feeling a sense of pride in one's country, feeling good about the land you were born in might inspire people to work to keep it as such. propaganda? the only propaganda i've seen in the last twenty years has to do with the liberal mindfuck of political correctness which infers, quite plainly - people have the RIGHT to NOT be offended - and what the fuck is that?

you can measure greatness, disfunction. when the people of a land work to maintain a standard of living such that others from around the world seek to become a part of that life - that's a form of greatness. teachers are not allowed to speak of america as being a great country any longer. they're not even allowed to speak of it as being a good country. people from other cultures get offended. but if they say that america is bad, that america is evil, that america is wrong - no one bats an eyelash, even if american citizens protest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfunction
I never went as far to say people in the United States were a bunch of shitheads.
no, you didn't. i was just clarifying your point.

Quote:
I lived there, if you don't recall rightly, and I was beaten up at least once per week at one of my schools, and made fun of relentlessly simply for being Canadian. Still, I don't hold a grudge against the people for that, likely because they had some ridiculous bias against Canada that had been taught to them. At any rate...
i remember that you lived here and i remember the tough time you had here. i can't speak for what happened to you. i know one of my younger brothers was picked on regularly as well when he was in elementary school, not because he was canadian but because he was gangly and awkward. that shit happens, unfortunately and it happens everywhere. the strength you have, whether or not as a result of the beatings ou took, shows forth in your regard for individuals, however.

Quote:
It's not as simple as having people there needing to develop alternative ways for their people to be competitive and in order to generate a better way of life. It's a matter of the nation being so deeply entrenched in death that everything they do is a matter of desperation to keep from the interest from compounding even further than it already has. It's like the entire nation, and other nations in its same position are enslaved by the first world through their debt. It is not the United States alone, though the coporations exploiting their economic plight sure are American, transnational corporations.
it's as simple as rising up to say they're not gonna take any more shit as it is to remain where they are and do nothing. either way, they're gonna have to deal with a ton of adversity, obviously.

whatever. south america is south america. they need to tend to their own problems. the drug trade there keeps a strangle hold on the country as a whole, just like the sheikhs in the middle east keep the general population in a strangle hold with their oil. governments get rich through buy outs and corruption leaving the people to scrounge for what little scraps are left. that ain't america's fault. let them work it out.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:11 AM   #60
succubus,queenofvampires

Quote:
bullshit. the fanatics in your country despise america because we're not overrun by fanatical muslims here. according to them, americans are infidels and should be murdered, people like that female journalist they're threatening to kill as we speak. muslims don't stick together - the most fucked up factions of the religion threaten to behead those who don't obey and everyone else falls in line in fear. justify away, though instead of fighting back. it's what you guys do best.

apparently, you feel muslim hatred toward america is appropriate - not surprising in the least as you're likely just another clone of the whole "america is evil" mindset that defines the middle east. afghanistan and iraq don't matter - your hatred was there long before we showed up to whoop some ass.

and who's refusing to allow people into the states on the assumption that they're terrorists? is that what they're teaching you these days or are you referring to that list at the beginning of this thread?

sure - not all muslims are terrorists but guess what - thus far, all terrorists have been muslim.
Why are you associating Trace with them?Even though we're from the same country,that doesn't mean we're like them and we have the same retarded mentality.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:12 AM   #61
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfunction
Faith in some twisted idea that benefits none and blinds others to the idea that no nation is perfect, nor close.
if this was directed at me, i'll go on record right now as saying - america is not perfect, not by any stretch. i've never said that nor do i believe it, nor do i ever think i could believe it.

however, given the choices of what else is out there - i'll hold my ground.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:14 AM   #62
Queenofdarkness57

Quote:

Excuse me edible_ eye but i am no Muslim, I'm a faithful Christian. I'm not defending them, just pointing out my point of view. Although, I completely agree with you regarding the fact that they use violence in order to validate their beliefs. I was referring to the list in the beginning. And please, if arab Muslims tend to act in such uncivilzed manner doesn't mean that all Lebanese citizens are the same. Most of us adore the US, including myself, and I truly respect its rich culture.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:25 AM   #63
edible_eye

Quote:
Why are you associating Trace with them?Even though we're from the same country,that doesn't mean we're like them and we have the same retarded mentality.
because this -

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofdarkness57
Well what do you expect? They despise America for invading their countries in the Middle East. Muslims stick together especially since America has caused them so many problems.
attempts to justify their behavior. you want to play that sympathy card? fine. just don't expect to wave it in front of my face without me snapping at it. i watched people in your country dance in the streets after the world trade center came down in new york city. that attack was unprovoked. now, your people are gonna whine that "america has caused so many problems"?

you like to slap a foe when you don't think he'll strike back? that makes you feel good, huh?

i recently watched people dance in your streets chanting "bin laden strike again". you wanna tell me that muslims stick together? good for you. keep dancing.

when pushed, americans stick together also, and according to your friend - "cause problems".
Old 02-12-2006, 10:31 AM   #64
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofdarkness57
Excuse me edible_ eye but i am no Muslim, I'm a faithful Christian. I'm not defending them, just pointing out my point of view. Although, I completely agree with you regarding the fact that they use violence in order to validate their beliefs. I was referring to the list in the beginning. And please, if arab Muslims tend to act in such uncivilzed manner doesn't mean that all Lebanese citizens are the same. Most of us adore the US, including myself, and I truly respect its rich culture.
i don't care if you're jesus-fuckin'-christ come back from the dead. don't talk to me about justification for what happened in my country BEFORE we came to yours.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:36 AM   #65
succubus,queenofvampires

Well,if some parts of the population think like that,that doesn't mean that all Lebanese,or Arabs for instance,think like that.Btw,those people that dance in our streets also do it for internal,Christian-related issues.
I don't know if you've noticed but we're both on the same side here.You don't like Muslims and neither do I;they give all the Lebanese people a bad name and relate us to violence and terrorism...
Old 02-12-2006, 10:41 AM   #66
succubus,queenofvampires

Quote:
i don't care if you're jesus-fuckin'-christ .
You can diss Muslims and Islam in front of me,but don't diss my own beliefs.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:42 AM   #67
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by TStone
... but the biggest piece of the pie and the largest contributor to the problem is, us.

So you’ll have to excuse me if I refrain from punching a lead lined hole between Manuel’s brows after he’s had his shins smoked from beneath him, and instead go after the man or woman what crippled and enslaved him in the first place.
i just can't agree with this, no matter how hard i try to wrap my head around it.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:45 AM   #68
Queenofdarkness57

Quote:
i don't care if you're jesus-fuckin'-christ come back from the dead. don't talk to me about justification for what happened in my country BEFORE we came to yours.
Look Mister I respected you, but do NOT CURSE my Christ. And for your information, the US didn't even approach Lebanon!
Old 02-12-2006, 10:45 AM   #69
edible_eye

Quote:
Well,if some parts of the population think like that,that doesn't mean that all Lebanese,or Arabs for instance,think like that.Btw,those people that dance in our streets also do it for internal,Christian-related issues.
I don't know if you've noticed but we're both on the same side here.You don't like Muslims and neither do I;they give all the Lebanese people a bad name and relate us to violence and terrorism...
i've gone around this circle before. i don't dislike muslims. i only know a few of them and the ones i've met aren't much different from any other rational human.

what i fuckin' abhor is the fanatical sect of that religion that wants my family and i murdered for not bowing down to them like most of the world is beginning to do - and it just so happens their main base of operations is the middle east.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:52 AM   #70
Queenofdarkness57

Quote:
i've gone around this circle before. i don't dislike muslims. i only know a few of them and the ones i've met aren't much different from any other rational human.

what i fuckin' abhor is the fanatical sect of that religion that wants my family and i murdered for not bowing down to them like most of the world is beginning to do - and it just so happens their main base of operations is the middle east.
I agree with you and I'm sure I'm never bowing down to them! But please don't set this bad impression about Lebanon since it's not what you imagine, not even close.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:54 AM   #71
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by succubus, queenofvampires
You can diss Muslims and Islam in front of me,but don't diss my own beliefs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofdarkness57
Look Mister I respected you, but do NOT CURSE my Christ. And for your information, the US didn't even approach Lebanon!
i'm gonna take a deep breath here for a few reasons -

1.) first and foremost, you two are too young for me to get all in your face like i have. as an adult, i feel the need to aplogize to the both of you. that wasn't appropriate.
2.) i didn't intend to diss your religion. i just don't share your beliefs. and being a christian or a jew or a protestant or whatever doesn't grant you carte blanche as being separate from what goes on around you.
3.) i think i understand what you're trying to say. i hope you were not implying that america is getting (contextually) what it deserves. i really hope that's not what you were saying.
4.) i know the u.s. didn't approach lebanon. i just lumped it in with the rest of the middle east.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:54 AM   #72
succubus,queenofvampires

Well,I don't have anything to add to what Tracy said.
Old 02-12-2006, 11:03 AM   #73
Queenofdarkness57

I'm glad this was settled! And once again, I LOVE AMERICA so I never meant anything rude.
Old 02-12-2006, 11:07 AM   #74
succubus,queenofvampires

Quote:
i'm gonna take a deep breath here for a few reasons -

1.) first and foremost, you two are too young for me to get all in your face like i have. as an adult, i feel the need to aplogize to the both of you. that wasn't appropriate.
2.) i didn't intend to diss your religion. i just don't share your beliefs. and being a christian or a jew or a protestant or whatever doesn't grant you carte blanche as being separate from what goes on around you.
3.) i think i understand what you're trying to say. i hope you were not implying that america is getting (contextually) what it deserves. i really hope that's not what you were saying.
4.) i know the u.s. didn't approach lebanon. i just lumped it in with the rest of the middle east.
Well,I know that being Christians doesn't grant us a carte blanche,but the things that were happening in America were only Muslim-related.We never said that America deserves what is happening to it.
Old 02-12-2006, 11:10 AM   #75
succubus,queenofvampires

It's good that we cleared this up.