Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 03-20-2006, 01:45 PM   #1
CptSternn

China Today

So the topic of China and human rights has emerged. So from the other thread...

I thought it was funny when the US once again released it's list of humans right violations in other countries, but once again left out all the violations in their own country.

http://news.**********/s/ap/china_hum...kxBHNlYwN0bQ--

I mean, at least the Chinese aren't hypocritical. They at least acknowledge that they have certain ways about them that they practice. The bush admin though, says one thing, does another, then changes the topic when you try and discuss it, or just call you unamerican and try to blow off the criticism.

I find it's funny that China forces it's people into abortions, while bush wants to focre them not to. Either way is the same - lack of free choice. At least the Chinese do it for a utilitarian reason - the control thier population instead of doing it 'because their god says its wrong'.

Same with the human rights violations concerning prisons. The US listed in its report torture, people being held without trial, and people benig locked away for their ideas. Anyone else see the huge glaring irony staring back at the US government for this?

Rendition? Secret prisons? Abu Gharib?

I could go on, but what fun would that be? Anyone else care to comment?
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 02:27 PM   #2
Binkie

I'm sorry, I thought this topic was about China. LOL.
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Binkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 04:44 PM   #3
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn
I mean, at least the Chinese aren't hypocritical. They at least acknowledge that they have certain ways about them that they practice. The bush admin though, says one thing, does another, then changes the topic when you try and discuss it, or just call you unamerican and try to blow off the criticism.
China has denied and ignored a lot of things, point and case Tiannamen Square. I love the Foreign Affairs website, its a good fiction read, my personal favourite is when it talks about how Buddhists hold human sacrifices: http://www.fmprc.gov.cn/eng/ljzg/358...595/t17962.htm

As bad as the US is, you can't compare it to China. They have been very discreet about their human rights violations since the early 90s, but they still have one of the worst human rights records in the world.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote