Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 12-07-2015, 09:08 PM   #1
Pr1aP1sm

First Date /Best Date /Worst Date

Dating...

Its a common experience we've all had to deal with at one time or another. Sometimes It's Freakin Great, but other times it can be like a little atrocity.

So pick First, Best, or Worst (Or all three if your feeling talkative),
And spill it...
Pr1aP1sm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 10:40 PM   #2
KeineModalen

I dont 'date'. If someone cant just hang out and go to the laundrymat or whatever screw em. You know mundane stuff. Like walking around the block and then having a cup of tea or whatever.
KeineModalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 11:05 PM   #3
SoftShocks

My most favorite dates have always been just simple ones like the movies or dinner, but i had my most awkward one a year ago. I'm attracted to women, but i tried going on a date with a guy while being dressed as a girl. i know it sounds weird, but i wanted to try something new. So i was talking to this guy online and he seemed down with it and we agreed to meet up at Barnes & Noble for coffee. So i get there and i'm waiting around and he totally flaked on me. i tried contacting him and nothing. To this day i still never got an answer from him.

So that's one of the stupidest mistakes i've made in my life...
SoftShocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 11:27 PM   #4
KeineModalen

Oh that always happens when people flake, anymore I am just people have no integrity. I go for the view and if the other person shows up, that would be interesting. But words and actions are two separate things.
Old 12-08-2015, 05:29 PM   #5
Anise

SoftShocks .. maybe he got hit by a bus? Or struck by lightning?
His loss <3

I'm not great at picking up on the fact that someone's actually hitting on me.
People mention it to me after the fact, "They were totally hitting on you" o.O
It happens so rarely anyway tbh, pfft I don't really 'like' people anyway.
I had a rrreally dysfunctional childhood .. no violin, but it was rough.
Kinda don't trust now?
I live in a dream world, I admit that I am a romantic ..
It's just I find it all so difficult, and when I fall for someone I take so long thinking about it all that in the end I discover that there's something about them that wouldn't sit well with me anyway .. so phew!
Thank fuck I never did say anything in the first place

Not to sound like a dick or anything, but I find it hard enough liking myself so it's difficult to think another could. Guys might find me attractive, but hell they can't handle my 'greatness' lol plus I'm as mad as a stick

I swing from introvert to extrovert in 60 secs, there is 2 of me in here ..

Plus .. tbh I've found that guys seem to want women to be ??
Someone they can mould or adapt .. change? I'm not very malleable \m/

So waffle cut short, best dates ever are with my big dog <3
He loves me, protects me and I feel the same. We beach walk.
The best times are on a full moon nite, empty beach, just us.
Anise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 05:35 PM   #6
Anise

Hahahaaa what a total saddo I am!
Just to express a point tho ..
Let us drink in the greatness that is my Alf <3

Alfred Hitchcock Esq .. he's my Heathcliff!

Old 12-08-2015, 05:56 PM   #7
Pr1aP1sm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftShocks View Post
So that's one of the stupidest mistakes i've made in my life...
SoftShocks,

I don't think that was Stupid, or a Mistake.
You had the courage to try something new. Therein widening your experience and understanding of this place. Most of us live in a little comfort zone and are not good with life beyond that. Myself Included.
Maybe that's why he Flaked. But better to find that out sooner then latter.

While I honestly don't understand that particular wanted experience, I don't think you should care. I would make a hideous woman. If you can pull it off you must have good genes.

No. I think the stupidest mistakes are those things we let slip by because we are too afraid to simply try.
Old 12-08-2015, 06:08 PM   #8
KeineModalen

Im telling ya screw dating. I dont know what the culture/society is like where you folks are at, but I kinda tired dating a wee bit and ...I found all these people who had severe intimacy issues. I am not really interested in some kinda sorta intimacy nonsense of going out to dinner and having random activities every now and then. Granted I am a full fledged adult now. And maybe dating is great when you dont know what you want and you wanna get to know people. Hell anymore I dont even pretext like have to be friends. Unless its just sex but thats a whole different thing.
I need a full fledged dynamic that is active.
This is why I am sO adamant on just doing what ever. If I cant ring the person up and talk about the weather or my pet cat when I was a kid screw em. I mean I know there is a certain period of checking each other out and all, but after X number of weeks I cant have 'the talk' or randomly call when ever or just drop by unannounced. screw em! ...Those are my limits.
And you really need to disassociate sex from emotional intimacy also, ...TRUST ME DO IT!.
close your eyes and imagine a rod perhaps its metal perhaps it wood, but its long and has two ends. on one end fittingly the left hand ,is sex and on the right hand is nonsexual intimacy. It is all called knowing someone.
Thats my rant. But being an adult and falling into dating sites and perpetual lets hang out next weekend, I am over it. You got my digits.
Old 12-08-2015, 06:28 PM   #9
Pr1aP1sm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anise View Post
Not to sound like a dick or anything, but I find it hard enough liking myself so it's difficult to think another could.
This... Fucking Monster is with me all the time.
Even when I'm in a good relationship. (Which it usually plays a roll in destroying)
I really don't know what anyone would ever see in me.
HaHaHa... I am just horrible!

You don't want someone who wants to change you anyways.
People only try to change you if they have preconceived ideas about what they want, or are insecure about who they are. So, that's no good.
Don't get me wrong sometimes change is good (even necessary) But do it for yourself, Not for some dude.

ALF... Is Great.
English SheepDog?
Old 12-08-2015, 10:25 PM   #10
BourbonBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeineModalen View Post
Im telling ya screw dating. I dont know what the culture/society is like where you folks are at, but I kinda tired dating a wee bit and ...I found all these people who had severe intimacy issues. I am not really interested in some kinda sorta intimacy nonsense of going out to dinner and having random activities every now and then. Granted I am a full fledged adult now. And maybe dating is great when you dont know what you want and you wanna get to know people. Hell anymore I dont even pretext like have to be friends. Unless its just sex but thats a whole different thing.
I need a full fledged dynamic that is active.
I went through that myself for a couple years. Most semi-adults (I use the term semi-adult because many have never left the butt sniffing stage before humping) have zero clue what they want in a relationship, let alone why they feel the urge to suddenly get married. There's so many ins and outs regarding dating it's seriously not worth the stress as you're better off meeting someone through mutual friends. While I'm engaged now, I did follow some simple rules that saved a lot of stress for my mental health.

1. Only date someone who's employed in some fashion (let's be real, the economy is shit, but as long as they're employed they should be good. On a personal note, I dated someone who wasn't employed at the time we were together, wasn't long before they wanted me to help them pay bills. Not my problem.)
2. Always meet in a public space for a first date and don't do alcohol or drugs.(Anything can happen with that. Sure, you might be just as nervous as them, but is it worth a hangover, DWI or something worse?)
3. The second they try to bring up anything from a shitty past in the first couple of dates, drop them. (Chances are, it's something that you don't want to hear when you've just barely met the person.)
4. If they can't control their spending habits, alcohol intake, temper or manners, nix them immediately. (This shows a greedy and/or addictive personality. Chances are, you're not a qualified therapist and they will bring you down with them.)
5. If they try to change anything about you, don't just walk away, run! (This could mean someone who's controlling or worse.)

I followed those rules to a T for years after coming back to the states from overseas, and they never failed me.
BourbonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 10:38 PM   #11
Acharis

I don't really want to date. I've been quite put off it and also it may just not be my thing.
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 11:57 AM   #12
Anise

Instead of posting an essay, I could've/should've just posted this ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMe4kVNKvNk

Pretty much covers my feelings ...
Old 12-09-2015, 12:00 PM   #13
Anise

@Pr1aP1sm thanks my lovely!
I'll tell him ya think so
He's a Kerry Blue Terrier .. or on some days a Scary Blue Terror
Old 12-09-2015, 12:16 PM   #14
laughing goth

I have had good dates, and meet nice people, But I tend to Date people I have known a while, or its a date with a friend.
We hung out on the dock in the harbor and talked. That was so nice.
Then there was making out on a hotel roof top. We were both dressed in full medieval costumes.
Riding around on a motorcycle and going to clubs.

You know SoftShocks was that date during a full moon ? I think I might have eaten your date. Sorry.
laughing goth is offline   Reply With Quote