Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 03-18-2009, 09:25 AM   #1
Opteron_Man

I am not anorexic!

I am not anorexic; I don't know why other people say that!

Truth is, I just don't eat very much. The idea of eating three square meals a day is detestable to me.

Before you know it, I will be accused of puking!

I really don’t puke.
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:33 AM   #2
Opteron_Man

Come on folks, I am not that thin am I?
Old 03-18-2009, 09:42 AM   #3
Hatsumomo

I wouldn't know, but if you can't even eat three meals a day, you may be developing a problem.
Hatsumomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:44 AM   #4
Underwater Ophelia

You're pretty thin.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:46 AM   #5
Solumina

Do you at least snack throughout the day? If not then you may not be getting enough calories and you may want to talk to a doctor to see if maybe there is a medical reason why you have a decreased appetite before it causes some serious problems.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:12 AM   #6
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
Do you at least snack throughout the day? If not then you may not be getting enough calories and you may want to talk to a doctor to see if maybe there is a medical reason why you have a decreased appetite before it causes some serious problems.
Well, as a boy I nearly zero appetite. Still don’t even. When we would all sit down for dinner,
I would smell the hot food and promptly get a tummy ache, and I could eat no more than a few bites. My mother was and still is excellent at cooking as was her mother, but that is what happened. My mom and dad were quite pissed! I was punished for not eating a meal that seemed bigger than the world itself, but in reality, it was only a dinner plate.

Nowadays, I might eat a light breakfast of oatmeal and tea, then nothing for hours and hours. But somedays,I might go all day without eating anything.

BTW, I am a vegetarian, as of the past 4 months or so.
I drink allot of tea during the day, perhaps some crackers and cheese.
For dinner, I usually eat a small plate of pasta with a light tomato sauce.

I get a weird upset feeling, in my stomach. If I eat more than half a plate, I am finished. I weigh myself, and I am currently 108. I am exactly five foot four inches tall. I don’t know why, but I still wish to be thinner. I weigh myself, and when I see the needle on the scale, I feel that I should be lighter.
It makes no sense at all, but this is what I am dealing with. Knowing that I am kind of thin, but never satisfied, but also knowing that I might be in trouble.
I don't think I am anorexic, but I suspect that there is something not right.
Any advice? I am not so knowledgeable with these kinds of things.
As I write this letter, I feel very weak, dizzy and frail. I have to rest now. Bye.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:25 AM   #7
a morbid curiosity

Go and see a doctor rather than asking us.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:31 AM   #8
Solumina

This may be a bit hard since you are a vegetarian but lay of the grains for a little while, you could have a problem with processing gluten, if it was causing you problems when you were very young then you may have associated the pain/discomfort with food in general and developed an aversion to eating. the inability to process gluten can screw up your body in a lot of ways, including psychological problems, though I haven't heard of any cases I wouldn't discount body dysmorphia as a result.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 03-18-2009, 11:55 AM   #9
Pyre

Feeling sick after eating is often a result of -not- eating. If you practice eating more, your body should start accepting. At first you'll gain weight because your metabolism is likely very low in your current state, but it will balance out.

I agree with Solumina: cut down on the grains. You could be allergic to gluten which will cause you to get sick when trying to digest it; it acts as an inflammatory for people who cannot process it.

Because you are vegetarian, you may also be severely lacking in necessary nutrients. Also, because you don't eat much, you are clearly not getting those nutrients from a variety of foods. Are you taking any form of supplements like One A Day? Hell, even a serving of Cheerios is packed with many necessary nutrients you need, but it won't cover everything. A combination of corn and beans will supply you with necessary amino acids, and nuts with protein. Try eating a selection of these foods if you do not already, and try maintaining it daily.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:12 PM   #10
DRM

You might have to just force yourself to eat more so that your body will begain to exsept the food. It could be that your sickness over eating is physiological,
and your desire to be thinner perhaps the start of an E.D., I suggest you find a therapist.
DRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:57 PM   #11
Opteron_Man

I am scared to death of becoming fat. I just realized what is going on. I look at the needle on the scale and see it get up to the big one, 110 LBS, I cringe. Part of me thinks I am not thin enough, and part of me says, you are asking for trouble mate!
I have the business card in my pocket right now; I think I need a therapist.
I think I will call and take action.
I chit-chat with several people on gnet though MSN. All of them are nice, smart and kind people!
One woman whom I was talking to about diet, I was getting worried because I think she was saying that it is not so good to have a vegetarian diet.
I don't recall this particular woman's name, but in any case, she made me think about what I am doing.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:04 PM   #12
Solumina

If you aren't eating three meals a day (or at least the equivalent) then chances are that you also aren't getting all of the nutrients that you need to function properly, vegetarians do need to watch that sort of thing since people are naturally designed to eat both meat and veggies and not all of the nutrients that we need are easily found in plants.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 03-18-2009, 10:55 PM   #13
Opteron_Man

Quote:
If you aren't eating three meals a day (or at least the equivalent) then chances are that you also aren't getting all of the nutrients that you need to function properly, vegetarians do need to watch that sort of thing since people are naturally designed to eat both meat and veggies and not all of the nutrients that we need are easily found in plants.
I just took in a cup of tea and a single slice of toast with strawberry jam.
I will have to struggle to get the other slice I prepaired down. I went to bed after I wrote this thread, I felt weak and had a headache.
The other month, I took some multi vitamins every day. But I have run out.
I have to get some more. I am worried about my teeth, they are crowded, and my gums bleed. I am scared shitless. I am really scared! Nothing is loose, it is all tight, but when I brushed my teeth, I spat out some blood, and saw that the gums under my lower front teeth are kinda shrinking awat from my teeth, weird.
No pain, just an annoying sensation. I wiggle my teeth, and sure enough they feel like they are welded in there still. But I don't like where this is heading.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:01 PM   #14
DRM

Ah, it sounds as if your body is starving or going into stavation mode.

You really might need to think about going to the hospital sometime soon, because even if you cant eat they can give you an IVand pump the right vitamins into youso at least your body can function.
DRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:02 PM   #15
Beneath the Shadows

It sounds like you're all fucked up. See a doctor.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:02 PM   #16
Andom

I would get professional help instead of whining about it on Gnet. Seriously.

If you really cared, you'd see a doctor.
Andom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:57 AM   #17
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andom View Post
I would get professional help instead of whining about it on Gnet. Seriously.

If you really cared, you'd see a doctor.
I can't call them or go talk to them when they are closed for the day.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:05 AM   #18
Beneath the Shadows

Um... hospitals don't close.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 01:54 AM   #19
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows View Post
Um... hospitals don't close.
Hospital? Should I go to a hospital for this eating problem?
I am getting frightened here. Really.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:29 AM   #20
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opteron_Man View Post
Hospital? Should I go to a hospital for this eating problem?
I am getting frightened here. Really.
No, you shouldn't go to a hospital.
I would recommend seeing a nutritionist, though. He'll give you a healthy plan.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 01:11 PM   #21
Solumina

If you are lightheaded for a long period of time then go to the hospital if not then go to your doc, who can help you to manage your symptoms as well as recommend a nutritionist.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 03-20-2009, 08:35 AM   #22
Opteron_Man

Quote:
If you are lightheaded for a long period of time then go to the hospital if not then go to your doc, who can help you to manage your symptoms as well as recommend a nutritionist.
Well, there have been times where a sidden weakness has hit me.
I don't know if I can explain it. One time my grandmother came to visit, and I had luged around a bunch of juck in my home before she came. When we were sitting and drinking coffee, something suddenly hit me very fast and in short order. I felt very lightheaded, and I felt like my body was winding down. Then I could barely find the energy to speak or move. I was frozen in the chair. My head was swimming and I couldn't think. All this took place in mere seconds.
I was very weak and scared that I was near death or something.

That has happened before but when I was alone at the time.
When it happened, I had things in my hands, and when this feeling hit me, my arms went slack, I dropped whatever was in my arms, and fell limp to the floor.
I lay there for god knows how long, the room spinning.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:57 AM   #23
Solumina

It sounds like you aren't taking in enough calories for your body to function, its shutting down and you need to try and do something about it, I'm worried about you, if things continue like this then your heart could give out.

Try and force yourself to eat foods that are high in healthy fats (pistachios are good as they can be something that you absentmindedly snack on and don't really fill you up, you may also want to make some trail mix with nuts, dried fruit, bits of dark chocolate, granola, and anything else that you like and just keep a bag of it with you). Keep a lot of fruits on hand as they can easily be eaten as a snack and they give you lots of good sugars as well as giving you vitamins. Also you are at a point where you may want to keep a candy bar with you that you can eat if you start feeling lightheaded to give your body a much needed boost of sugar because it sounds like your body is crashing.

Above all else get in to see your doctor, your body needs help.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 03-21-2009, 09:22 AM   #24
Opteron_Man

Quote:
It sounds like you aren't taking in enough calories for your body to function, its shutting down and you need to try and do something about it, I'm worried about you, if things continue like this then your heart could give out.

Try and force yourself to eat foods that are high in healthy fats (pistachios are good as they can be something that you absentmindedly snack on and don't really fill you up, you may also want to make some trail mix with nuts, dried fruit, bits of dark chocolate, granola, and anything else that you like and just keep a bag of it with you). Keep a lot of fruits on hand as they can easily be eaten as a snack and they give you lots of good sugars as well as giving you vitamins. Also you are at a point where you may want to keep a candy bar with you that you can eat if you start feeling lightheaded to give your body a much needed boost of sugar
because it sounds like your body is crashing.

Above all else get in to see your doctor, your body needs help.
Solumina, thanks for worrying about me. I am so grateful for your words and advice, really. I can't thank you enough. Today, I was able to force down some food. I made some mushroom soup and I diced up some broccoli to go in it. I also took in some coffee, tea and toast.

On Monday, I will give mental health a call and arrange to talk with somebody.
I will also go back and resume my studies at school
Then I will call a doctor and arrange for a checkup. I don't know how that works; I hope I can see a doctor.

Unfortunately, I have a headache, I am going to go and drink a bit of hot tea and see if it goes away.

Take care okay?
Old 03-21-2009, 09:59 AM   #25
PortraitOfSanity

You're in denial. You weigh 110. Get the fuck to a hospital. Now.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote