Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Shill

Shill Post your website announcements here. Anything that is blatantly SPAM (nigerian schemes, make money fast, etc) will be deleted. Actually, we'd probably keep the nigerian schemes around to make fun of it.

Old 04-27-2011, 01:17 PM   #276
pothead

then lets get ugly, or fugly in ben lahnger's case
pothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 01:44 PM   #277
ape descendant

Ben, fugly? Don't you know? He's our resident pretty boy, almost a mascot of sorts, hmmm... that would explain that fancy, studded leash....

Oh, BTW pothead, this made me think of you for some weird reason.

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._2474506_n.jpg

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 01:50 PM   #278
obfuscate06

ape descendant, am curious, since u dont believe in a greater being, does that mean u dont believe that there is some grand purpose why we are alive? then why do u wake up every morning. as for pothead, yo opinions are a bit closed up, u sound like yo not thinking out of yo 'religious box'
obfuscate06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 02:07 PM   #279
pothead

I like it inside of this religious box I'm in if I try to think out of it I might go down the wrong path, does anyone want to come into the box with me? I live in a box right beside of a church in the ally way. Also I believe the earth is several billions of years old, I don't believe that the earth is 6 thousand years old, I don't know how long adam, and eve was on the earth before they sinned they could have been on the earth billiions of years before the fall of man. Also I don't think ben is pretty, well maybe pretty ugly, which is pugly.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:29 PM   #280
obfuscate06

i have no problem with religion, we are humans and from the begining of time we've always believed we are the center of the universe, and we want to believe there is more to life, thus we create Gods, demons, vampires and all those other bed time creatures. but dont u think that this whole arguement about whose faith is true is stupid. for someone who created the universe, i think he is more complex.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:49 PM   #281
ape descendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscate06 View Post
ape descendant, am curious, since u dont believe in a greater being, does that mean u dont believe that there is some grand purpose why we are alive? then why do u wake up every morning. as for pothead, yo opinions are a bit closed up, u sound like yo not thinking out of yo 'religious box'
Waking up to live on a beautiful planet full of life is reason enough for me to get up in the morning. When I hear those birds chirping and my cats playing, I am happy to be alive.

Anyway, all the "grand purposes" I've heard of aren't really for this life, but concentrate on some after-life that may or may not be. No one really knows for sure, so I'd rather live a good life now and hope that virtue is truly its own reward.

Why do you wake up every morning? Is it really for a distant, invisible being that lives outside of our understanding? Or do you have reasons that you've not really had the chance to explore before?

Be Kind
Old 04-27-2011, 05:22 PM   #282
obfuscate06

this will probably sound lame, but i wake up in the morning hoping today will be the day i'll find a reason to wake up tomorrow, its not happening. i admire u, u know what u believe in. i spend my space time reading different religious groups, i've visited a lot of different religious meetings, but i cant find 'it', whether its belief or not belief. my epiphany isn't happening.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:38 PM   #283
Ben Lahnger

No fair! Pothead comes out of his box ... it's just that he only does so at night.

AD, the complete scientific ignorance of that poster is dazzlingly hilarious!

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 06:47 PM   #284
ape descendant

Ben- I know, that's why I had to post it. When I saw it I couldn't stop laughing.

obfuscate- I spent a lot of time studying religions, looking for the one that was right for me... then I realized that I don't really need one, real life, like Explosion Sauce, is good on its own. I'm up for open conversation if you want to talk about stuff.

Be Kind
Old 04-27-2011, 07:09 PM   #285
pothead

the only thing that keeps me going trying to stay alive is believing in jesus, and doing his will, I am so happy because of it, that I want to live my life for jesus I am so grateful that he didn't want me to go to hell, and saved me from going there by his grace am I saved, and there is a billion or so ppl who believe the same that I believe I want everyone to be saved, I mean what would it hurt to pray the prayer of salvation, just incase jesus exsist?
Old 04-27-2011, 07:35 PM   #286
ape descendant

Wouldn't praying to a god one doesn't believe in be a lie? Isn't lying wrong? Shouldn't we follow what's truly in our hearts, for our own integrity?

Be Kind
Old 04-27-2011, 10:39 PM   #287
pothead

if you kinda believe, but are not really sure like you are ape no it wouldn't be wrong, I mean what would it hurt to pray the prayer of salvation? mens hearts are evil I don't follow my own heart even. I just follow love, and God says he is love, so I follow him. what ever makes you sleep at night ape, reject jesus's love or accept it. Now the old testiment bible says that without the sheding of blood there is no remision of sins, that is why they sacraficed lambs, was because it was a picture of how bad our sin is, now jesus came now there is no more need for sacraficing lambs, because jesus said he was the lamb, he died for you, for me, for everyon's sins. jesus shed his blood on the cross, for the forgiveness of sins, and sin send you to hell, if you keep rejecting jesus you are going to hell, and ape in your case it wouldn't be lieing, just remember there is only one God. do you believe in anything ape?
Old 04-27-2011, 11:42 PM   #288
obfuscate06

i thought the core of religion is faith, praying incase God exists does not make u faithfull. why did u join this site, to save the 'heathen' or make friends? and whats up with your sentence construction, i dont read your posts, i have to decipher them. @ AD, a chat wud be great, maybe i can finally let go of the prejudices which have being stuffed in my head from birth and are causing my internal turmoil
Old 04-28-2011, 10:05 AM   #289
ape descendant

obfuscate- Just keep talking, keep thinking, keep studying. What sort of prejudices are causing you turmoil?

pothead- If we are created in god's image, and god is love, shouldn't we be love as well? Please understand, I don't "reject" Jesus, I lack a belief in any god or gods.

If you are so worried about "just in case", why not opt for an ancient Egyptian burial or Buddhist last rights, why not pray 5 times a day in the direction of Mecca, how about sacrifice a bull to Mithras or give offerings to Zeus?

You say there is only one god, what makes that god more real than the thousands that people throughout the ages have fervently believed in just as you do yours. It seems you're an atheist regarding gods like Zeus, Odin, and Amaterasu. Why not believe in those ones too?

Be Kind
Old 04-28-2011, 01:09 PM   #290
obfuscate06

AD- growing up i didnt have a permanent home, moved from house to house, boarding schools, and i discovered earlier on that being myself wasnt making my living situation any better, so i wud change my personality to fit in whatever environment i was in, but now that am living on my own, am kinda lost. i've picked up soo many views about life, now its a matter of me finding out which ones are me.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:36 PM   #291
ape descendant

That sounds like a rather unstable situation to grow up in.

I think we all end up collecting a lot of mental baggage as we journey through life, it can be difficult to decide what to keep and what to throw away sometimes.

I have found discussion and argument are good ways to explore ideas, test them out and see if they fit you or not. Mind you, it helps to have a bit of a thick skin, especially if you are emotional about a viewpoint or idea.

Also, keep in mind, that you're allowed to change your views. In fact, its a good idea to change them if they're based on bad information or a mode of thinking that you've found doesn't work.

When you say you're lost, what do you mean?

Be Kind
Old 04-28-2011, 03:26 PM   #292
pothead

Faith is believing, and trusting in God, praying just incase God exsist, if you have enough faith to pray that prayer of salvation just incase then you have enough faith. I came to this site to spread the gospel, and pray that others get saved that is my purpose here.. I can't save the heathren, all I can do is spread the message of salvation I came here just incase anyone wants to be saved. Then I am here to help them in the understanding of God. I'm no aithiest because I do believe in God, but only the one that the bible teaches is God because God is love, and ape once you get saved, once you pray the prayer of salvation you have God living inside of you, so yes you are made of love too. Also I pray all day long I pray a lot more then just five times a Day, I talk to God, and he talks back to me, even threw his word the holy bible. Doubting the exsistence of God is like doubting the exsistence of one's self. Ofcourse God exsist you can't explain our exsistence any other way. There in my mind was no big bang, and if there was such a thing god created it. Also the core of religion is actually good will towards all, and visisting the fatherless, and the widows. That is the core of the christian religion anyways. Not everyone is made of love though, only those who have accepted jesus as there savior. then we should as our number one camandment by God love one another, if that is what God wants us to do that, then I want to do that, any religon that believes the same way that chistians believe I want to be a part of, but since only the christians teach that you should love one another I am a christian. See jesus is the son of God. And god sent his son to save the world
Old 04-28-2011, 03:33 PM   #293
ape descendant

That paragraph makes very little sense, did you even read over it before you posted it?

Be Kind
Old 04-28-2011, 06:00 PM   #294
pothead

yes I did read it, I typed it before I posted it, what doesn't make sense to you?
Old 04-28-2011, 08:19 PM   #295
ape descendant

Well, its a giant wall of text... one huge jumbled up paragraph that seems to jump topic every other sentence. It may help to separate things out and give each idea its own little nook.

Ah well, if you don't get whats wrong with it... I guess it doesn't really matter.

Be Kind
Old 04-28-2011, 08:54 PM   #296
Ben Lahnger

Blind faith is only good if you don't mind being blind.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 04-28-2011, 09:10 PM   #297
pothead

Well I could seperate it into paragraphs, But I like it as one big wall of text that way you have to descifer it. I do know that when writing I should sperate it about three sentences for a paragaph, but what the fun in that I don't write like a professional all the time.

I do however see where you think my writing is bad. I know my spelling isn't the best, but at least I try to spell half good somewhat. Who really cares about the big wall of text I sure don't I could care less, and who cares about the topics. I jump around in topics because it makes me more random.

All I know is that I can if I want to type, and spell good. An write good if I wanted to. I also know that I shouldn't be using the word and much either, I really shouldn't use the word and at all. At school I use to care about my writing, but I don't anymore.

Yeah I still proof read before I type stuff, but I don't like to put stuff into paragraphs all the time. Also yes I have blind faith, but it is good to have faith even if it is blind. I only care about jesus, and preaching about jesus.

See I can if I want to write good what do you think about this post?
Old 04-28-2011, 10:36 PM   #298
ape descendant

Well, my eyes aren't bleeding and I don't have a headache.

Be Kind
Old 04-29-2011, 11:11 AM   #299
pothead

well as long as your eyes aren't bleeding that's all that count, or wait do I want your eyes to bleed? maybe I do
Old 04-29-2011, 11:14 AM   #300
Ben Lahnger

That's the wacky crackpothead religious zealot I want to hear from! LOL!

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,