Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 04-15-2008, 10:31 PM   #1
Duane

Not another one!

Talk about sequals to movies, video games, you thought weren't so great. How they should stop making new pokemon games, blah blah blah, DBZ fighting games, whatever. Hm... or you could talk about how they should make a sequal to movie without one... for example, a sequal to 300, or something like that.

Have fun.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 11:35 PM   #2
$haDe

Yeah, U right they should stop It's taking 75% of my brain to remember their stupid names...

And I didn't care ...!!!!
Old 04-16-2008, 01:04 PM   #3
L'Oiseau Noir

Well, the first Resident Evil movie wasn't terrible, but its sequels were utter trash. Alice basically was Bruce Willis from Die Hard, only with boobs.

"I love Wagner, but the music I prefer is that of a cat hung up by its tail outside a window and trying to stick to the panes of glass with its claws." - Charles Baudelaire

L'Oiseau Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:52 PM   #4
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Oiseau Noir
Alice basically was Bruce Willis from Die Hard, only with boobs.

Where's the bad part of that?
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:11 PM   #5
L'Oiseau Noir

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus
Where's the bad part of that?

Yes, Bruce Willis was a badass in Die Hard, I admit that. But Alice... she makes Chuck Norris blush.

I just didn't agree with the "action character" archetype they used for a Resident Evil film. Many times I forgot I what I was even watching, as it was essentially Rambo with zombies.

I know the RE games aren't exactly stark survival horror (it's the only game one can find ammunition lying in the open or in a vase), but the characters in that had more of a hell of a struggle than Alice did. Alice could kill a graveyard-worth of zombies with a toothpick. Which she did.

"I love Wagner, but the music I prefer is that of a cat hung up by its tail outside a window and trying to stick to the panes of glass with its claws." - Charles Baudelaire

L'Oiseau Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:08 PM   #6
Beneath the Shadows

I find the overabundance of sequels quite ignorable. Now, if they decided to start making sequels out of sequels (as opposed to more sequels of the original whatever), then I'll be slightly annoyed.

"I'm going to the movies tonight."
"Oh, yeah? Whatcha gonna see?"
"Saw III 2."
"...lol wut?"

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 02:40 AM   #7
Murasaki eyeliner

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Oiseau Noir
Alice basically was Bruce Willis from Die Hard, only with boobs.

scary image

"Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before."
-Mae West
Murasaki eyeliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:45 PM   #8
ThreeEyesOni

I was having a discussion about sequels the other day, specifically horror movie sequels. There are more than a few where the sequels are not only great, but perhaps arguably better than the first one.

Evil Dead is a good starting example, especially in reference to the 2nd one.
Phantasm is a classic example of a series that was worth not stopping with the first one. I'm actually eagerly awaiting the production of the fifth one. Granted, I'm figureing/hoping that it's the last movie, but that's mostly because I really want to find everything out once and for all.
The Scary Movie movies are also quite good, though I prefer the 2nd one myself. After it got sold off (read: practically stolen) to different writers it wasn't quite the same. Then again, they got Liam Nielson not only back into a few movies but also out of his clothes. @_@
There's also the Howling movies, which I also think got better with age (and budget). I can't remember which one it is, but the only involving the traveling freak show is a personal favorite of mine.

Then again there are a lot of movies that should have stuck with just the first movie. I'm trying to ignore the ones that shouldn't have had a first movie to beguin with. Jeepers Creepers was a horribly bad movie but somewhat redeemed itself with a few original/interesting moments; I particularly liked the scene where she drove back and forth over the monster for a good solid minute. More horror movie victims could learn from actions like that. The sequel had all of the bad without any of the nice quirk.

Sad to say, I'm actually hoping for a third one, simply because now I really want to know wtf the monster actually is. -_-;
ThreeEyesOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 08:04 PM   #9
drewsilla

I think that maybe they should have stopped after the first 28 Days Later movie. I really enjoyed it, and thought it was pretty cool. The second one just got made for the sake of $$$.
drewsilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 05:25 PM   #10
ThreeEyesOni

Well, the second one was kinda good though. I was personally hoping for it to follow the same individuals, but it was nifty looking at the aftermath. Noone ever makes movies that take place after a zombie outbreak has come and gone (at least "gone" in a sense that the world is not destroyed).

I'm actually kinda hoping for a "28 Months" or "28 Years", though I can't reasonably see how the later could happen. With the rate of infection, total breakdown of defenses and then the eventual death of the infected... it's possible but not even remotely likely.

Anywho, that's what's good about the upcoming World War Z movie. I just hope that the talent in the movie is as good as the talent in the audio book version.
ThreeEyesOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 07:19 PM   #11
Paigeybobert

The Matrix 2 & 3 were really stupid and should have never been considered in the first place.
Paigeybobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:17 AM   #12
TopHaggardDoll

Hannibal Rising seems like a travesty.

I never saw it...but I don't bloody want to, the other films were really good...I liked him mysterious and stuff. DON'T MESS WITH HANNIBAL LECTER!
Old 04-28-2008, 12:16 PM   #13
Duane

Yeah... the whole trend is stupid... Texas Chainsaw Massacre the beginning, Batman Begins... Saw 4: Enter Jigsaw... IT'S BOUND TO HAPPEN!!!
Old 11-20-2008, 12:39 AM   #14
Necrotansy

I don't think The Ring 2 was even necessary... Scary Movie 4 I did not like. And they're making 5th... :/
And Home Alone 3... Wasn't necessary, especially with different actors.
And Home Alone 4, like half of half of brains.
Necrotansy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 09:22 AM   #15
Duane

Nightmare on elm street 8!!!!
Old 11-20-2008, 01:23 PM   #16
HellforgedX

When are they gonna make "Little Monsters 2"? And I sure am jonesing for another round of "Ghostbusters".
Old 11-20-2008, 10:46 PM   #17
AshtrayKitten

Sequels and remakes are considered safe investments. Add to that the fact that creative material is actively dumbed down for the consumer (not an exaggeration), and you're presented with the current slew of uninspired dren for sale.
AshtrayKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 10:50 PM   #18
Albert Mond

Smile

Bambi II: this time his mother's already dead.
Albert Mond is offline   Reply With Quote