Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 08-04-2010, 12:21 AM   #1
vx cheerleader 69

Porcupine Tree live album for Mick Karn and his family

from the Michael Moorcock forum

Quote:
I thought I'd mention this here, as I know there are several PT fans and having just watched my brother die of cancer I know how crap it is and what a strain it takes on the family.

Mick Karn, the bassist from Japan, is apparently very ill with cancer. The first time I saw Japan was supporting Blue Oyster Cult and, to be honest, they were awful. I thought no more about them until i saw Karn playing bass behind someone reading poems on the OGWT (I think it was Bianca Jagger, but I might be wrong) - The poems were pants, but Karn was a revelation. After that, I got into Japan.

Anyway, PT are raising money for Karn (the link being that their keyboard player Ricahrd Barbieri was in Japan) and have issued a download only live album where all proceeds go to Karn's family:

Quote:
"Atlanta", a complete 2 hour live performance from the Fear of a Blank Planet tour, is now available as a download from the PT Store. The show was recorded and mixed to the usual PT standards in order to provide material for a planned live album, but when the decision was taken to film much of the same repertoire in Holland for a major DVD release instead, the Atlanta recording ended up back in the vault. Now PT have now decided to make it available in complete form as a download only release to raise funds for Mick Karn's treatment for cancer. Although the repertoire is similar to that on the Anesthetize DVD, the performance has its own atmosphere, and also includes the first ever officially released live recording of "A Smart Kid".

The mp3s are high quality 320kbps files, and there is a break between tracks 8 and 9 in case you want to burn your own 2 CD set, for which Carl Glover has also provided CD artwork.

Please note that profits from the sale of the Atlanta download will go to Mick Karn and his family.
This is the link:
http://www.burningshed.com/store/por...duct/169/2213/
vx cheerleader 69 is offline   Reply With Quote