Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Literature

Literature Please come visit. People get upset, write poetry about it, and post it here. Sometimes we also talk about books.

Old 03-27-2012, 02:30 AM   #1
Winterflood

The Last Mask

Currently writing the second book of The Last Mask trilogy so thought I would share the cover and a link to the first one here, which is now available on Kindle, for any souls who likes dark theatrical decadence.

There is also a trailer featuring my art.

- Link to book information -

- Link to trailer -

Winterflood.

[IMG][/IMG]
Winterflood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:55 AM   #2
Winterflood

I probably should have posted an extract when I put the initial post up, to wet the Gothic appetites, so here is the first appearance of our darkest of characters and his two companions -

Dark tendrils of mirth crept out of the shadows and wove their way across the green fields towards the big top; the merriment of the show within the circus drawing them towards it like a bright flame.

He was approaching. His black claws reaching out into this world like a slithering death, exploring this fresh realm that was full of new sensations, but also held many old memories for this ebony clown.

The Harlequin moved with a grace that was not a part of this world, his dance a thing of sardonic joy and his smile a sneer of pain. His every step brought dead flowers to bloom for the briefest of moments, restoring their life back to vivid colour, before withering them once more to dried dead husks. Death passed in his shadows for he was the master of their dark depths and none would escape his decaying gaze. No mind would be left whole again on this day.

Beside him crept silence, the pale shattered ghost of the twisted mime called Sile. Her face a distorted work of art that bore no resemblance to the beauty she once wore, a visage now twisted by the cruel humours of the Joke. Wisdom and madness lurked within her mind as her baleful eyes sought out their goal, broken pits of raven dark scanning the land with a hunger for this soul.

And before this grim pair trotted a dog wearing a big, frilly white collar, a pug whose face also bore the marks of the Joke. A snout made red and an eye circled in blue, highlighting the face of the one called Rex, a compatriot of the dark who knew where the true power was.

Across the fields they moved, this grotesque trio, leaving a wake of death in their path. The Harlequin knew their goal was now near, as this was the time and the place of which they had told, but the clown still remained out of reach, his face unseen by Sile’s dark eyes.

The music of the circus continued to draw the shadows near, but for others the missing of the performance would cost them very dear.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:41 AM   #3
Winterflood

How about some of the concept art I did before I started the book?

More of the concept work can be viewed here -

http://winterflood.daportfolio.com/gallery/14520

Enjoy...