Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 12-17-2005, 08:29 AM   #1
Arc_Avalo

Album Reviews

(I did I search for this and it came up blank, so forgive me if this has been done before)
Korn
See You On the Other Side
No, I don't usually listen to Korn, Slipknot, or any other of that overhyped crap. However, I decided to give this album a listen and see what all the fuss was about. Even without Head in the band, you can't really tell, so no loss there. First off, the album is very repetitive. You'll find sludgy nu-metal riffs throughout, and most of the songs have an annoying wailing pop-esque chorus. However, many of the songs remain groovy like Pantera while still keeping that signature sound I'm sure so many of you love (sarcasm). I never really have liked any of Korn's albums, but this is, in my opinion, the best of the worst. That is, of course, saying very little.
Rating: 5/10
Arc_Avalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 10:13 AM   #2
horrorgirl

Weird Tales Of The Ramones

This is the coolest boxset I have ever laid my eyes on. Included are three cds chock full of Ramones songs and a dvd of their live performances,etc.There is also a book of comics included telling various stories about the Ramones.....one even in 3D! Yes, 3D glasses are included. This is better than any of the other Ramones collections out there because of the sheer volume of material included,plus most of the songs sound crisper than any of the other versions I have heard.

If you like The Ramones this boxset is essential for you to have.

10/10

I'm gothtastically delicious!
horrorgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 01:09 PM   #3
rockandrose

I shall check out that Ramones boxset, and hope that Aust does stock them in stores, otherwise, I would have to order them in.

Thanks horrorgirl.
Old 12-17-2005, 11:12 PM   #4
horrorgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockandrose
I shall check out that Ramones boxset, and hope that Aust does stock them in stores, otherwise, I would have to order them in.

Thanks horrorgirl.
No problemo.

I'm gothtastically delicious!
horrorgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 08:13 PM   #5
rockandrose

One of my favourite all time albums is the "Appetite for Destruction" by Guns N' Roses. I love Axl's obnoxious screeching voice. Sweet Child O' Mine, Welcome to the Jungle, Paradise City are classic songs by Guns N' Roses.

It's a must for Gunners fans.

Play it loud. Play it repetitively. Play it during sex.