Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 07-26-2008, 10:13 AM   #1
Wingweaver_The_Vampire

A "late" Introduction of Myself

I have been in this community for a month or so... but i forgot to introduce myself here (please excuse me and don't comment on that)... I'm sure lots of you thought, when they saw my nickname, that i'm one of those kids who think they're real vampires and all... well no, i'm not. I just love vampire stuff and style and don't act like ones. I listen to goth rock and heavy metal, gothic metal, death metal... So it seems I fit in both goths and metalheads. I would describe my self as a Perky Goth, or any kind of goth that isn't always depressed and stuff. I have 3 cats and 1 dog, and i just love my black cat... sometimes, it seems that he understands me, and i think he takes me as his brother lol joking. Yes, I do love animals. About my hobbies, i love surfing the web (not so internet addicted though), video games, music, movies (thriller and horror). I hate school (seriously) not that my teachers hate me, on the contrary (they love me)... because i have great grades and polite and all.
Well, That's quite a lot about me... I enjoy being on here, hope you do too.
Wingweaver_The_Vampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 02:51 AM   #2
bloomerbrigade

Welcome to g-net
bloomerbrigade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:10 AM   #3
crossbonesandfire

Ok......

OK, I'm not a very experienced person here but I'm pretty sure I just read about 300 styreotypes. Oh well, I shouldn't judge people that quikly. Welcome! I'm glad to meet you!
crossbonesandfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:14 AM   #4
dabbadmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossbonesandfire
OK, I'm not a very experienced person here but I'm pretty sure I just read about 300 styreotypes. Oh well, I shouldn't judge people that quikly. Welcome! I'm glad to meet you!
Especially when you can't spell a common word yourself.

To the OP, welcome. You should post some pictures of your animals in the picture post. I'm sure many people would like to see your cats and dog!
dabbadmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:08 AM   #5
KontanKarite

Quote:
OK, I'm not a very experienced person here but I'm pretty sure I just read about 300 stereotypes. Oh well, I shouldn't judge people that quickly. Welcome! I'm glad to meet you!

The fact that one so inexperienced such as yourself can be witness to so many stereotypes would pretty much resonate the magnitude of the cliche' that is this newbie.

I too feel that this child has embarked on their piteous gothic journey into the realms of identity with R.L. Stein and Christopher Pike as its guide. Thankfully, the portrayal of such stereotypes are lacking in so much substance, it can be as easily ignored as your partner's post-sex breath.

P.S. I fixed your grammar mistakes.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:39 AM   #6
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
[quote=KontanKarite]The fact that one so inexperienced such as yourself can be witness to so many stereotypes would pretty much resonate the magnitude of the cliche' that is this newbie.

I too feel that this child has embarked on their piteous gothic journey into the realms of identity with R.L. Stein and Christopher Pike as its guide. Thankfully, the portrayal of such stereotypes are lacking in so much substance, it can be as easily ignored as your partner's post-sex breath.

P.S. I fixed your grammar mistakes.[/Q]
I once read one of Christopher pike's books and frankly I couldn't believe how stupid it was, it seemed to me like it was about an ancient all powerful vampire who couldn't use a can opener, or anticipate simple problems. The only reason I got all the way through it was because I was in a position that didn't really allow me anything else to do.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:12 AM   #7
KontanKarite

Someone must have been pointing a gun to your head. I'm sorry.

Old 07-29-2008, 08:46 AM   #8
crossbonesandfire

Thank you for pointing out my countless spelling errors. Obviosly I type way too fast, and need to start writing smaller words seeing as I can't write correctly. Wingweaver_the_vampire, I'm sorry for being so weird, I just have a big mouth and can't shut up about what I think
crossbonesandfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 02:24 PM   #9
KontanKarite

Quote:
Thank you for pointing out my countless spelling errors. Obviosly I type way too fast, and need to start writing smaller words seeing as I can't write correctly. Wingweaver_the_vampire, I'm sorry for being so weird, I just have a big mouth and can't shut up about what I think

Ever heard that line from Troy, "It's no insult to say a dead man is dead."

It's no insult to call Wingweaver a stereotype. What the real shame is, I'm sure it has some kind of substance about it than mere Wal-Mart Halloween bargain bin camp. But this is how Wingweaver wants us to think of it.

Oh well. Our loss and Wingweaver's as well.

Old 07-30-2008, 08:24 AM   #10
Wingweaver_The_Vampire

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite
Ever heard that line from Troy, "It's no insult to say a dead man is dead."

It's no insult to call Wingweaver a stereotype. What the real shame is, I'm sure it has some kind of substance about it than mere Wal-Mart Halloween bargain bin camp. But this is how Wingweaver wants us to think of it.

Oh well. Our loss and Wingweaver's as well.
No thats not how i want you to think. Think the way you want. and whatever
Old 07-30-2008, 08:37 AM   #11
Wingweaver_The_Vampire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabbadmc
Especially when you can't spell a common word yourself.

To the OP, welcome. You should post some pictures of your animals in the picture post. I'm sure many people would like to see your cats and dog!
thx! where can i find the picture post? i searched but i didnt find anything...
Old 07-30-2008, 08:48 AM   #12
Raptor

At the top of the general section.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 04:54 PM   #13
Solumina

It is a sticky so you really can't miss it, but you can't link to a picture yet as you don't have enough posts yet
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:29 PM   #14
Wingweaver_The_Vampire

Oh Ok thx for the help
Old 07-30-2008, 10:47 PM   #15
KontanKarite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingweaver_The_Vampire
No thats not how i want you to think. Think the way you want. and whatever

At the end of the day, you're JUST A KID. So it's understandable that you want to prove your gothiness to the maximum effect.

You came off like a stereotype in the Fashion forum and just because the consensus agrees with how I generally feel about stereotypes or are indifferent, you're now singing another tune.

It's fine though. Whatever makes you happy in the end. You don't need my validation.

Old 07-31-2008, 10:33 AM   #16
Wingweaver_The_Vampire

*sigh* whatever. You just won't stop changing the topic of my posts. Stop posting f***ing off topic messages in my posts
Old 07-31-2008, 10:36 AM   #17
Solumina

To be perfectly honest if you dislike threads getting derailed then the is not the forum for you. Nearly every topic posted here will turn to something else, except the game threads, they pretty much stay on track.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 07-31-2008, 10:49 AM   #18
Wingweaver_The_Vampire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
To be perfectly honest if you dislike threads getting derailed then the is not the forum for you. Nearly every topic posted here will turn to something else, except the game threads, they pretty much stay on track.
Oh ok... But that's not so logical because that won't get the OP much help. But maybe you're right whatever.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:46 AM   #19
Solumina

It is logical if you think about it. The OP usually poses a question and the thread flows much like a conversation would and in a conversation once the topic is addressed people move one to talking about something else. I'm not saying that all message boards are like that, most aren't, but that this one is and if it bothers you then maybe someplace else would be a better fit for you
-Carbon Leaf