Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 11-10-2005, 02:21 PM   #1
rubedo

anime and video game soundtracks

name ur game on music

anime and games...for some reason...the music is impossibly good
Old 11-10-2005, 02:23 PM   #2
rubedo

the best anime music is from the best anime there is....fooly cooly...all music is performed by an amazing japanese band called ...here goes.."the pillows"..they rock so awesomely

as for a game...final fantasy series hands down...nobuo uematsu's compositions...godly
Old 11-10-2005, 02:24 PM   #3
rubedo

one more thing....xenosaga's music is awesomeness as well
Old 11-24-2005, 12:23 PM   #4
Which_ones_Pink?

Space channel 5! It's the coolest game ever.

I like the music in Pokemon, I think the tunes are really good, and they copied them for the cartoon as well. Ah my goddess has rocking tunes, I can play some on my guitar. Um, Helsing has cool music, and the dub of the Guyver, the intro's cool, and especially the bgm.
The Rayearth OVA too.
Which_ones_Pink? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 11:08 PM   #5
Grey Fox

I like the Final Fantasy series music 100%, but i also like my coustom sounctrack on games on Xbox too.
Grey Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 08:29 AM   #6
katsumy

Try Inuyasha... It's Cool
could come true some day soon...

* Katsumy *
katsumy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 09:52 AM   #7
·Kaôh·

Mmm I have to say that Final Fantasy VII has the best music of the series, although ALL of the series are good.

As for anime I would have to say Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 or Fullmetal Alchemist
·Kaôh· is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 11:33 PM   #8
NecromanticSunshine

I like the perky anime soundtracks...like those for Steel Angel Kurumi and Sailor Moon. Sakura Wars' soundtrack is good too though. I was also on this huge kick of Ah! Migami-sama's soundtrack.
NecromanticSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 02:14 PM   #9
Demon Eyes

I liked the music for Berserk, Especially "Gut's Theme" and the "Forces" song as well.

My favorite Anime music really varies since i've seen way to many anime in my life and still do. I've enjoyed the music from such anime titles as Saint Seiya: Hades Chapter, Tenjou Tenge, Vandread, FLCL (the pillows are ok), Ikkitousen (Move does the opening song which is catchy, plus they did one for the FF series which I also liked), Elfen Lied (Lilium song is awesome), and various more, which depending on what you like I've mostly heard in some anime already.

When it comes to games, as rubedo stated, Xenosaga has some very good music, along with the Final Fantasy series, but my favorite music has to come from the Castlevania Series. Mostly the work of Michiru Yamane who did SotN, LoI, and CoD. She is a goddess in the music industry in my honest opinion. And I'd also like to mention the song that was on Gran Turismo 3 in the Japanese version called "Moon Over the Castle" which was just awesome guitaring along with great synthesizer and drumming.

There are a few more, but I've run out of time and need to head to work.
Demon Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 02:31 PM   #10
pitseleh

There's a band called The Advantage that plays old Nintendo game themes with real instruments. It has a killer 8-bit edge, and is super tight. Check 'em out! Mega Man, Ghosts & Goblins, Super Mario, all the greats.

As for anime music, there are some truly dreadful examples of bad taste to be heard. Neon Genesis Evangelion, while being a brilliant series, has the worst music I've ever heard outside of the Eurovision Song Contest. The Full Metal Alchemist theme is also pretty bad, although it at least rocks somewhat.
pitseleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 12:12 AM   #11
Sanctus Dei

The Final Fantasy Series rocks I have a collection of about 30 cd collections for FF.. I also like the music for Naruto.. and Fushugi Yugi.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote