Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 04-09-2012, 12:16 PM   #4526
AshleyO

The Fall.

One of the most complete stories I've seen in a while with a shit ton of layers.

Good stuff.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:10 AM   #4527
MissCheyenne

The Cabin in the Woods. Better than I expected but also bloodier than I realised it was going to be.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:32 AM   #4528
Jackson Cutler

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. It was alright. Better than some alternatives. Like, you know, drowning or something.
Jackson Cutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:46 AM   #4529
ape descendant

Lo... it was AWESOME, this guy summons this demon to do his bidding, and hilarity ensues!! I've got to say any movie that involves summoning demons is one I'm gonna have to watch at some point.

So, yeah, Lo was awesome.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:59 AM   #4530
HellforgedX

Do home movies count? No? Then Episode VI, on May the Fourth.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:39 AM   #4531
Valhalla

The Avengers. I really liked it, but I don't understand why people LOVE it. It was just a fun summer blockbuster. Nothing wrong with it, but it's not favorite movie of all time material.

I went to the midnight showing, and when The Dark Knight Rises trailer came on I felt like the theater might break out in some kind of civil war, but luckily (or unluckily) it didn't.
Valhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:10 PM   #4532
poisondawn

Dolly Dearest ^^ or maybe it was just Dolls.. I watched both, But dont remember the order D: Oh, im going to see The Raven today if that counts.
poisondawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:40 PM   #4533
Saya

Rented The Woman In Black last night.

It was extremely derivative and I'm not sure if they intended it to be a homage to the classic horrors every little thing in the movie is taken from or if it was just THAT generic and lazy. Seriously, creepy little children! Twins, NO, triplets! Creepy dolls! Haunted house with scary noises!

It reminded me of The Haunting Of Hill House, The Innocents (there's a particular shot where he's looking out the window and sees a black figure in the marsh, The Innocents has the exact same shot), The Shining (if only for the creepy little girls), The Orphanage, even crappier movies like Carnival Of Souls.

There's a part in the middle where he's investigating the house at night where its EXTREMELY like The Haunting Of Hill House and it actually scared us, but we had the lights off and I scare easy. After the middle part, it became very anti-climatic. All the plot reveals I called in the first ten minutes of the film, and the ending again really reminds me of other, better films.

On the other hand, Daniel Radcliffe did a good job considering what he was given. The girl I watched it with said the movie really reminded her too of Sleepy Hollow, but I think that worked much better as a tribute than this.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:58 AM   #4534
Athanos

Last big budget flick was Avengers and I was underwelmed.

It wasn't the blockbuster it was touted to be for me.

I was just rewatching Comic Book Confidential and that was a hell of a lot better than Avengers.

I'm really looking forward to Prometheus on so many levels. Fanboy-geek level of it being another foray into the Alien mythos and Ridley Scott, probably my favorite director.
Athanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:46 AM   #4535
CIRQUEFREAK91

X-men: The last stand was on tv on Friday.
CIRQUEFREAK91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:44 AM   #4536
MissCheyenne

Flakes. It was alright I suppose. Nothing spectacular or anything, just a nice, gentle watch. Something to waste time with rather than something to to get excited about.

I am your slice of pie
Old 06-12-2012, 09:06 PM   #4537
Solumina

Prometheus, I felt like a lot was left on the cutting room floor, hopefully a significantly longer directors cut will come out but as is I don't think it is worth watching.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:04 AM   #4538
MissCheyenne

Insidious which I didn't really enjoy and The Station Agent which I thought was good, slow but very sweet and gentle.

I am your slice of pie
Old 07-04-2012, 05:53 AM   #4539
TheBrood

Possession (1981): a brilliant mindfuck starring a shockinly young Sam Neil.
TheBrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:51 PM   #4540
PorlNecklace

I just finished watching Mad Monster Party (1967) for my very first time, it was by no means perfect, the sudden romance aspect in particular, but none the less quite endearing. Its use of stop motion animation is a strong predecessor of a style now nearly synonymous with Tim Burton, the ending left myself surprisingly saddened, and I strongly recommend it as Halloween cult classic for those with children or the sensibilities thereof.
PorlNecklace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:56 AM   #4541
HintonT

It was 'The Basketball Diaries'. An old movie, right, but I haven't seen it before. And I should say I am pretty amazed! And shocked. But this is the right movie to show it young people.

Old 08-09-2012, 11:28 AM   #4542
Bridgette

I had a Bogeyman movie marathon. I watched all three back-to-back, and the second one iis the only one that is decent. The other two are just red corn syrup everywhere, and shitty costumes. They could have been much better, in my opinion.
Bridgette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:33 PM   #4543
Catch

I just watched 2016 today. It is supposed to be an intense attack on Obama's character; instead, it is a opinionated dribble fest that probably promotes Obama.

The big issue was in 2016 the Middle-Eastern countries might actually take care of themselves and no longer suckle the USA's tit. The other thing is cutting back on funds that increase USA's presence in other countries, making the correlation that the USA is an oppressor nation.

It was just lame. I mean cutting back on government spending means becoming more self-sufficient. Even if Obama was anti-colonialism there are a lot of people who think the Isolationists who were around pre WWI were right, so it is almost like saying Romney promotes the idea of war, though Romney is also saying government spending must be down-sized.

Bleck, it is an awful movie. It is like a documentary on Obama that uses awkward wording to try and make it seem as though he's a bad person through it just otherwise states facts about his life. More importantly, the correlations are just silly and only founded in suspicion and opinion.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:27 AM   #4544
colette.montoya10

the movie i watched last is amazing spider man, but i didn't like it. i like Tobey as spider man. but the movie avatar is really fantastic and i watched it several times. the experience is still alive.
colette.montoya10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:34 AM   #4545
Solumina

I'm currently watching Sharks in Venice and I'm so fucking confused. I mean there guys in the mafia, there is a hidden treasure, the shark (or sharks, I really have no idea how many there are supposed to be) is mostly stock footage but the attacks are a mixture of stock footage, cgi, and a mechanical shark that are just kind of cut together and it is really jarring, nobody knows Italian but some of the actors keep saying stuff in Spanish with an Italian accent, and the police are being really weird. Also Stephen Baldwin's leg was clearly ripped off in a shark attack but now it's back.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 11-02-2012, 04:41 AM   #4546
Solumina

And they just exploded a shark with a (grenade tipped?) spear gun.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 11-02-2012, 02:22 PM   #4547
marrissey

Last movie I watched was Dark Shadows. It's so great.
marrissey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:47 PM   #4548
Thorn-v

Suckerpunch. I love that movie.
Thorn-v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:52 AM   #4549
taintedparadise

Last film I watched was Cockneys vs Zombies haha, it wasn't too bad, i do normally watch better films than that lol but I'm a big zombie fan so thought i would give it a go
taintedparadise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:17 AM   #4550
Isis

Dead Like Me: Life After Death

The actor replacements from the original series was disappointing, but understandable - though I'm sure they could have made George's guise look a little closer to the original. However, the film managed to capture the vibe of the TV series, which made up for this small flaw.

It was by no means a perfect movie, but it had it's enjoyable moments. The light comedy, loveable characters (Cameron aside), and the daring attempt to break the rules. Life After Death won't make it near my top favorites, still, it made for a pleasant afternoons viewing.
Isis is offline   Reply With Quote