Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

View Poll Results: Should students be able to have face piercings in school?
Yes 0 0%
no 0 0%
I don't care 0 0%
I don't think for myself 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 06:20 AM   #1
lollypop17

Face piercings in school

Ok. i'm not whinning so no one start that but why is it that people aren't allowed to have face piercings in school. I mean i just pierced my lip the day before yesterday and yesterday i got in trouble and the princible told me i had to take it out because i wasn't supposed to have it in. That's like taking away my right to exspress who i am. I don't understand how i can't walk around with a lip ring in my lip, but all these little preps can walk around showing off their bellys and shit like that, and boys can walk around showing off their butts but i can't show my new lip ring. I think its stupid and we shouldn't have to take out out face piercings. But what ever i just thought i would find out if my school was the only school like this or if schools in other areas was like that. Well give me some feed back and let me know how you guys feel.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:40 AM   #2
rockandrose

The "Gothic Discrimation in School" thread was created and remains open for a reason. You even know that such a thread was alive.

Now I suggest you examine how you just created a useless thread.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:44 AM   #3
lollypop17

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockandrose
The "Gothic Discrimation in School" thread was created and remains open for a reason. You even know that such a thread was alive.

Now I suggest you examine how you just created a useless thread.
Well first of all just because i had my lip pierced dosn't mean i'm a goth. In which i'm not a goth. So the school wasn't discriminating against goths. If you would have read what i said i didn't say anything about goths or me being a goth. So obvioulsly the two threads mean something diffrent. duhhh....
Old 12-02-2005, 06:45 AM   #4
talon

I don't know if this belongs in politics but read gothic discrimination in schools. It should really help your feelings toward this and what to do.

Although my school is pretty screwed up. The teachers are always changing their minds about this and that. The teachers don't really care about facial peircings but they do care about is our uniform. It's really wierd.

Just find out the rules of the school. What you can and can't do and blah blah blah. You know what I mean. I hope so anyway. I feel I get singled out in my school. Find out if anyone else is wearing any facial piercings.

Hope I've helped for that's as much as I can do for now. I'm tired and got to get up in the morning.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:48 AM   #5
lollypop17

actually i know the rule and it dosn't really say anything about facial pirecings. I also know for a fact that other people have face piercings. i know this becasue some of them are my close friends.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:50 AM   #6
rockandrose

There was plenty said already regarding facial piercings in discrimination in the "Gothic Discrimation in School" thread.

I doubt there needs to be another thread to further discuss this issue. As there's bound to be more repetitive opinions on "facial piercings in school".
Old 12-02-2005, 10:50 AM   #7
lollypop17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
Also, whether or not you're a goth doesn't fucking matter. The name of the site is gothic.net. Even if you're not gothic, you're a member of this site and can therefore not get pissed when you're labeled as such by other members of this site.

I didn't get mad because someone labeled me as goth. I just didn't want anyone to think that i was trying to make it a goth issue. becasue it wasn't. Sorry if i sounded deffensive about her/him calling me a goth.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:30 PM   #8
edible_eye

i merged this with the 'gothic discrimination' thread last time you brought it up. quit it.

thread locked.

oh, and thank you for reducing the size of your signature font.