Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 04-05-2010, 07:59 AM   #26
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua View Post
^ So, I take it you disagree? Do you have evidence to the contrary? Or are you just looking to fight about something stupid?

If you disagree, then fine; no need for the insult. :/ [Geez, I hope you aren't like this irl.]
I'm worse in real life. In real life you can see my perfect tits and long legs while I tell you your brain is faulty.

Anyway, you missed the point of what she said. She didn't mean that women LITERALLY can't sing or talk about sex. She meant that when women do it, it's funny/disgusting/shocking or understood to be for the purpose of impressing or attracting men, whereas when men do it, it's just considered normal.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 08:16 AM   #27
Tam Li Hua

^ In my opinion, t's not really all that more shocking in this day and age, though; a perverted person is a perverted person. It doesn't really matter what gender they are any more, since it's pretty damned obvious that both genders are obsessed with the subject in pop music.

As for your tits and legs, I don't swing that direction, m'dear. ;-] [i. e., I'm generally not attracted to unpleasant personalities, no matter how hot the body attached is.]
Old 04-05-2010, 08:18 AM   #28
Methadrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
I'm worse in real life. In real life you can see my perfect tits and long legs while I tell you your brain is faulty.
This is why we love you, Ophelia.

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 08:21 AM   #29
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by tam li hua View Post

as for your tits and legs, i don't swing that direction, m'dear. ;-] [i. E., i'm generally not attracted to unpleasant personalities, no matter how hot the body attached is.]
christ. And again missing the point.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 08:22 AM   #30
Tam Li Hua

^ Probably so; not feeling my best today.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:01 PM   #31
sibyl vane.

Quote:
As for your tits and legs, I don't swing that direction, m'dear. ;-] [i. e., I'm generally not attracted to unpleasant personalities, no matter how hot the body attached is.]
Hahahaha. Jesus, you're thick. Made my day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua
In my opinion, t's not really all that more shocking in this day and age, though; a perverted person is a perverted person. It doesn't really matter what gender they are any more, since it's pretty damned obvious that both genders are obsessed with the subject in pop music.
Maybe you're not personally shocked, but many are.
sibyl vane. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 02:02 PM   #32
Tam Li Hua

^ See my second reply, dumbass.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:33 PM   #33
sibyl vane.

Quote:
^ See my second reply, dumbass.
Oooh, I see what you did just then. Masterstroke. I now look way less intelligent than you. Like, for real.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:36 PM   #34
Tam Li Hua

^ If it helps you sleep at night, then sure.

*goes to brew tea and forget about this idiotic conversation.*
Old 04-05-2010, 03:49 PM   #35
Luv2H8

I bought a CD and I LOVED ALL OF THE SONGS!!!

She's a brilliant singer.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:38 PM   #36
Altemese

^ i heard she making a new cd now. and it will be out soon.. and the song Alejandro is the new single from fame monster. he she making a video for it. it will be the conclusion from paparazzi and telephone.
Altemese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 05:23 PM   #37
badteccy

Quote:
True story, I am witness to it, and it makes me wet.
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 06:53 PM   #38
Doppleganger2

You are not gay. You are attracted to Lady Gaga because of her many manly features and you are subconsciously aware of the fact that she probably has a penis.

FYI: The artist´s penis would not be very big. It is probably only about 2.5 inches erect. She passes urine through her penis (she can only have one urethra) but her vagina is probably still functional as a sexual device for willing partners.
Doppleganger2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:28 AM   #39
gothgrl22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ape descendant View Post
Rofl.... I like cartman's version of poker face.. other than that.. pop's not my thing... normally...
agree'd i only like cartmans version other then that lady gaga why is she even discussed on here.
gothgrl22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 08:03 PM   #40
kosK1D

you can like her as a person but due to a foolish comment i want her silenced, never had anything aganst her but to call me a poser for not LOVING her is death by chaos.
kosK1D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:41 PM   #41
gothgrl22

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosK1D View Post
you can like her as a person but due to a foolish comment i want her silenced, never had anything aganst her but to call me a poser for not LOVING her is death by chaos.
it's quite alright I hardly doubt your a poser for not liking that train wrecks music.
I was mocked by one of my friends for not liking her but honestly does it seem like something that is original hardly. The woman stole her fashions from japanese cultures and mixed it with already exsisting sounds of what they assume is dance music her voice sounds like every other clone out there so im not impressed the only reason people even like her music is the way she looks which is often how people judge how they admire something or someone just look at that horrible movie twlight you think people are really interested in the movie or are they interested in the actors for there looks.
gothgrl22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:52 PM   #42
Lutia-x

Fact:
Lady gaga strives off of 80's alternative and if there wasn't such a thing, or her most recently deceased clothing designer, or bowie, she wouldn't be very "creative".

...But i like her.
Lutia-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 05:26 AM   #43
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutia-x View Post
Fact:
Lady gaga strives off of 80's alternative and if there wasn't such a thing, or her most recently deceased clothing designer, or bowie, she wouldn't be very "creative".

...But i like her.
If her influences didn't exist then she wouldn'tve been influenced by them?

Somebody call the NY Times!
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:46 AM   #44
Despanan

Quote:
Anyway, you missed the point of what she said. She didn't mean that women LITERALLY can't sing or talk about sex. She meant that when women do it, it's funny/disgusting/shocking or understood to be for the purpose of impressing or attracting men, whereas when men do it, it's just considered normal.
I suppose I can see where this is coming from.

However, in my experience, Men don't really do it that much.

I mean, going down the checklist of artists I know, for the most part the work of the men is not particularly sexual. Now, it's not to say that they won't sing/ write/ or talk about it, they do (as does pretty much everyone) but often times the work done by men is not particularly explicit, or sex is not the entire point of their particular work of art.

This isn't true with alot of the women I know. I'd say roughly 50% of the time I see a new female artist take the stage, she starts talking/reading/singing almost entirely about fucking in one way or another.

Now this is certainly not statistically significant, and there are alot of male artists who talk about nothing but sex. It also may be that there are simply a higher percentage of male performers out there as opposed to female, so it seems like there are less women talking about stuff other than sex, or that performance art attracts a specific type of female artist.

However, It's also fair to say that if I had a nickle for every song/poem/performance I saw which was heavily about fucking and performed by a female, I wouldn't have to worry about rent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 09:05 AM   #45
Ben Lahnger

Most people I know think Lady Gaga is very talented and they like her music tremendously. I've tried listening to the music, viewing the videos and watching her perform at the Grammy's. I keep coming away with the sense that it's all style over substance. I liken her to Madonna in the 80's but without the same caliber of song-writing skills. But there's no denying she's popular right now.

Meh, I'm just not that taken with her.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 09:05 AM   #46
sibyl vane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan View Post
This isn't true with alot of the women I know. I'd say roughly 50% of the time I see a new female artist take the stage, she starts talking/reading/singing almost entirely about fucking in one way or another.
But it's mostly all about impressing guys when they do it, like Ophelia said.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:38 AM   #47
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibyl vane. View Post
But it's mostly all about impressing guys when they do it, like Ophelia said.
Female artists who address sex in their work don't do so strictly to attract or titillate a male audience. While there's no denying that some women market themselves as sex objects, to claim 'mostly' every intimation of female sexuality as a plea for male attention is absurd misogyny. Take "My Bed" for instance-- it's not 'hot', but it confronts the viewer with the reality that girls have sex, and the way in which to state that reality is still conceived as an act somehow 'lewder' or more 'shocking' than to state the same of men.
That's actually what Ophelia was saying, and what Lady Gaga was saying.
I don't listen to this woman, so I can't speak to her music, but I'm pretty certain she has more female fans than male ones.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 11:00 AM   #48
Despanan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben
I keep coming away with the sense that it's all style over substance.
Yeah, I kinda feel like that too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 12:27 PM   #49
KissMeDeadly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan View Post
Yeah, I kinda feel like that too.
Don't you guys know? She's so utterly beautiful, and she has the BEST clothes ever. This undoubtedly makes her the best singer of the century.

Welp, time to put on my backwards Irish cap, skinny jeans, and chuck tailors, ride my fixie down to Barnes and Nobles and blog about it.
KissMeDeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 05:55 PM   #50
Pineapple_Juice

I don't get it. Was that supposed to be some sort of inside joke? If it wasn't, why are you being so loquacious?