Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 05-25-2010, 10:44 PM   #76
Pineapple_Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathless Horror View Post
haha it's summer now, so I'm down with the faded as fuck ripped cadpat pants, black muscle shirt, and studded vest. Depending on my level of enthusiam when I get up in the morning I could have a rainbow stud belt, a bondage belt w/ legit cuffs on them, or a 7.62 bullet belt. Or all three.

I can't wear my dog collars in the summer though, it gets too fuckin gross.
You shouldn't wear dog collars any time of the year.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:06 AM   #77
Still Jack

Shit that is comfy durable and easy to move in.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:11 PM   #78
HellSide_Oso

I prefer to dress in Black BDU pants with patches , a dark red button up shirt or black T-shirt/band shirt. Spiked wrist bands & black Docs. I also wear my black flight jacket, but want to get two leather jackts..one for dress up & family or work & the other to studd & paint up.
HellSide_Oso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:26 AM   #79
Princess Sandi

Nudists ftw.
Princess Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 02:07 PM   #80
KissMeDeadly

I like wearing a fur loin cloth and a six foot broadsword.

But really, I mix it up. Black is a main color, or a black and red/blue combination. I like tripps, and I don't care that they're unorignal or lame. I think they look nice, and they're quite comfy.

But, for more..special occasions, I like to dress with a victorian/steampunk flare, which often leaves the tripps out of the picture. waistcoats, pocket watches, thigh length boots...awww yeeeah.
KissMeDeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 01:45 PM   #81
Romantic goth

I like the romantic goth look. my clothes have lots of lace and velvet. I usually wear bustier tops and a knee length skirts. I also wear lace gloves and chockers
Romantic goth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:22 PM   #82
KontanKarite

DIY tee shirt and some corduroy pants. Usually burgundy or green. A graysih vest or even a lot of navy blue as a base color. I think, on the surface, my dressing has become rather utilitarian with just a slight glamourous flare. Any more, you couldn't tell I was into deathrock or goth rock by looking.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:37 PM   #83
Cosmicgaunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple_Juice View Post
You shouldn't wear dog collars any time of the year.
Generally ... diy tshirt, one of my vests, one or more studded belts, skinny jeans (almost always black or red), and boots.
Dark petalled sensitive plants scuttle over carpets.
Black statuettes animate square heads firestokers.
Skewer me in flame.
~Nightgaunts
Cosmicgaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:54 PM   #84
Prisonic Fairytale

It varies a lot, depending on my mood. One day it will be a plain shirt and jeans, another day... well, I don't really know what to call it. Alternative/goth grunge? It's sort of grunge but "cleaner" I guess. And another day I'll wear a black skirt with a black lacy top.

And I do enjoy hoodies.

My personal definition is this:
Goth - hoodies, bondage pants, beanies, clothes with silver or safety pins, black nails, etc.
Gothic - Elegant. Long skirts, lace, corsets, sometimes fishnets, deep red or purple nails. Or of course black.

So I kind of go back and forth between gothic and goth.

Whatever it is, it's usually dark colors. Although as of late I have been buying clothes with a little color in them.
Prisonic Fairytale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:07 AM   #85
Lady Sorrow

im not a very good goth... i live in a small town so i cant get my hands on all the things i like. but i make do with skinny jeans, tripp pants, black t shirts writs bands, rings, my wire wrapped crystal of rosequarts, and my famous, blue maroon and green shoes lol. also black nail polish. not very goth, but its the best i can do with where i am and the people i live with. o! i also have an adorable pair of combat boots.
Lady Sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 06:14 PM   #86
coolclothes

Talking check this out

http://www.etsy.com/shop/lenoresmoon
coolclothes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:32 PM   #87
JCC.

Smile

I dress a very specific way.

First, I roll over, and grope around the drawer for some under wear. I don't even bother getting out of bed to put it on. I wait a few minutes, gathering energy after expending so much of it putting on my tighty whities, because they make my junk look smashing. Then, I sit up, and put my feet on the floor, but stay sitting. I put my pants on one leg at a time, all the while still remaining seated. I've found this reduces risk of pants Vs. gravity related injuries by at least 8%. Then, before I slide them on fully, I stick my hand down my under wear and scratch myself, because my balls sometimes get itchy, but I do this regardless of whether it itches or not, because you never know, you might get down there just as the itching starts, and we all know I like to be prepared. Then I rub my eyes, ponder ocular infection for a moment, decide it'll be alright and risk a stye once more. I find ball sweat ratio is pertinent to the amount of styes per annum, the rate and severity of infection. I have not yet found a way around this, but each day come closer. After another round of scratching, I look around for a shirt that might not smell so bad, and whose stains may be able to pass for a design. Once located, I roll it up in a tube like fashion, with the head exit facing away, which is key. Then I insert my left arm, then my right arm, and finally my head. I pull the shirt in a downward manner until it is comfortable, which can take some time. I usually abstain from shoes and socks unless leaving the house, and that's a whole different thread altogether.
JCC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:43 PM   #88
Black_Chic

I'm not the dressy type so I usually just wear black jeans and a black shirt. I pant my nails black whenever I find the time, and... that's about it. If I'm at home, then I'm wearing whatever's comfortable, and easy to move in.
Black_Chic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:56 AM   #89
MaggotQueen

Location: A medieval monarch's cadaver underneath your bed amongst the oh so poetic-tongued dust bunnies
My usual daily outfits vary depending on my mood (or maybe just because I have more than one personality).

ARMY-- Camo bandana, dog-tags, a black or green tank cut up like Adam Saaks would, bracelets with hundreds of spikes, a camo skirt or black skinny jeans tucked into Demonia Concord-108 platform boots, camo shoulder bag

VICTORIAN-- Ruffled top, choker with studs/sillhouette, long layered skirt, lace arm warmers, fishnet/lace stockings, low-top platforms

ART GEEK-- big boatneck t-shirt (again with Adam Saaks inspired cuts and weaves), baggy capris w/ pockets OR plaid miniskirt, white fishnets, knee-high converse, leather bracelets, black shoulder bag with dozens of buttons and safety pins
MaggotQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:06 AM   #90
Tam Li Hua

The way I would like to dress and the way I can actually afford to and have the energy to dress are two very different things.

I want to dress more Victorian/Witchy Goth, but I usually end up dressing more casual/business Goth.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:45 AM   #91
gothicusmaximus

like a baus
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:58 AM   #92
Beneath the Shadows

Boots, cut-off jeans, and a tank top or t-shirt (with or without the sleeves cut off). Sometimes I add my cowboy hat for the fuck of it.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:51 PM   #93
xXxRobynxXx

My usual outfit would be some sort of tight dress, black stockings, flats, and crazy messy ohmygodwhatisthat hair.
I've also always loved cheesy Halloween type things, like ghost, skeletons, spiders, etc. So a lot of my clothes have something like that on them.
I hate pants, I'm not even sure if I own any, yet I don't like bare legs, at least not mine. Never been a fan of color either. My wardrobe is awfully boring now that I think about it...
xXxRobynxXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 04:51 PM   #94
allyssa

I love to wear suede thigh high boots and little black dresses, crazy eye makeup and sometimes french maid clothing, crochet sweaters with lots of holes ( in a self created design) and velvet chockers
dark brown, loose ,waist length hair xo
allyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:01 PM   #95
aspiring

I just keep it simple....

I basically like colors in concentration, either all black or all white. I'll usually just wear skinny jeans, longsleeves, scarves (sun is killer), occasionally gloves, coats.

As for shoes, I personally don't really like Doc Martins, and stick to plain black shoes, don't care for prints or logos or anything...
aspiring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:46 PM   #96
blu

My mainstay is usually a flowy skirt of some kind coupled with any old black shirt, and appropriate footwear (read -- flip flops when I can get away with it). Skirts may or may not possess black pigment...most of them are in jewel tones.

Another Disliker of Pants...and I believe I have only two pair (breeches and yoga pants). In the winter my near Eskimo-level tolerance for the cold, my treasured black hoodie, and an array of very long stockings and fingerless gloves allow me to continue with the skirts (always with the skirts). I do own some clunky/pointy footwear but am hard pressed to bother with them during the warmer months,.

I would love to be more elaborate in dress, but lately it just hasn't been practical. Plus, I have no money.
blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:54 PM   #97
LenorePoe

Usually have my hair tied back for comfort
2g plugs of some sort
tiny black shirt
jeans always
My black Lip Service jacket that looks like a strait jacket
LenorePoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:00 AM   #98
victoria

i wear jeans, sometimes tripp pants, with band tee's, though lately ive been getting into a girly goth look, black frilly skirts, still with band tee's (cant deny the power of the band tee) and dresses, always with leggings under skirts and dresses and always have a hoodie, but i need a new one :[ mine has holes in it from wearing it all the time. . .
victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 12:19 PM   #99
Pickled

I have a small selection right now, as I recently got rid of some clothes that I never wore, even before the transition to gothiness. I've got jeans and leggings (I love black leggings), some t-shirts in black, white, purple and brown, a few long-sleeved shirts in black, red and white, a few skirts I don't wear and a couple of sweaters. As far as makeup goes, I've got my dark purple lipstick (a necessity), some dark blue nail polish, a container of foundation or whatever it's called that's a few shades lighter than myself, a cheap black eyeliner pencil and some eyeshadows. I have other stuff, but that's all I really use. I have a handmade bracelet with blue beads and one yellow star-shaped bead in the middle. I've also got a necklace with skull beads, a belt with spikes and skulls, and a pair of black shoes with zippers. Yes, I am very overly-specific.
Pickled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 12:51 AM   #100
Storm

I usually wear black t-shirts from Truth, pants from Tripp(not the baggy ones, mostly skinny jeans and the tight-ish ones), or skirts, with ripped or 'blood stained' (paint stained) legging or tights, I have one coat I really like and a couple of hoodies, one pair of Demonia boots, black knee-high converse, kitty Mary-Janes, and black converse with laces.

As for jewelry I have a skeleton key necklace I wear a lot, a couple studded bracelets, a collar(that I rarely wear), some spiked bracelets, a handcuff bracelet, a pentacle bracelet, a skull-bead bracelet, cross earings, and an onyx ankle bracelet.
Storm is offline   Reply With Quote