Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 09-02-2008, 03:21 PM   #1
Wednesday Friday Addams

McCain's VP.

http://www.newshoggers.com/blog/2008...got-pledg.html

When defending the phrase "one nation under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance, Palin said, "If it was good enough for the founding fathers, its good enough for me and I'll fight in defense of our Pledge of Allegiance."

/facepalm
Wednesday Friday Addams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 03:47 PM   #2
gothicusmaximus

Yep, this is the worst thing about Sarah Palin. Biden, Obama, and McCain definitely wouldn't have said the exact same thing if asked.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 03:49 PM   #3
Wednesday Friday Addams

True. Still doesn't make it less funny.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:26 PM   #4
viscus

Somehow, I don't think Obama would have said something quite as obtuse.

Palin's a doorknob and McCains an idiot for having chose her. The whole thing reminds me of Bush's nomination of Harriet Myers as supreme court justice. It's like "Oh, here's a woman! She'll help our image!"

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 11:37 PM   #5
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscus
Whether a politician makes obtuse statements is irrelevant, he or she merely must ensure that said statements don't sound obtuse to the average audience. Obama would have sprinkled some lofty, turgid rhetoric worthy of a college student on a soap box over this idea, thus avoiding any injury to his campaign.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 05:13 AM   #6
CptSternn

http://tinyurl.com/6nv85l

t turns out her record as an independent-minded government reformer is not free of blemishes, and every one that's found is being magnified for public view. Just since Friday, it's come to light that:

_A private attorney is authorized to spend $95,000 of state money to defend her against accusations of abuse of power.

_Palin sought pork-barrel projects for her city and state, contrary to her reformist image.

_Her husband once belonged to a fringe political group in Alaska, with some members supporting secession from the United States.

_She has acknowledged smoking marijuana in the past.

And of course, her 17-year-old daughter's pregnancy. Bristol Palin's boyfriend, Levi Johnston, 18, plans to join Palin's family at the GOP convention, the boy's mother said. The young couple's presence could set off a media frenzy.

...and she also is under Federal investigation in connection with Ted Stevens.

MSNBC had a better clip on - here is the original clip...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oro2Yh9HoEM

You have to love it. She says she wants to be VP, but admits, she has no idea what a VP actually does.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 05:33 AM   #7
MollyMac

I think McCain made an awesome choice and as the days pass by, it just gets awesomer. I wonder if the NRA does Honor Guard at shotgun weddings.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:29 PM   #8
Sir_Vex

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscus

Palin's a doorknob and McCains an idiot for having chose her. The whole thing reminds me of Bush's nomination of Harriet Myers as supreme court justice. It's like "Oh, here's a woman! She'll help our image!"
Weren't there any republican women though who weren't so blatantly stupid?
Sir_Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 02:13 PM   #9
Sephiroth Kali

So are you all saying she can't be a good VP?
Sephiroth Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 06:17 PM   #10
MollyMac

No, just that she likely won't be. She has issues resolving her politics with her home life.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:36 PM   #11
TheBloodEternity

She wants to teach creationism-only and abstinence-only. She's been accused of using her office to try and get someone fired. She lied about her support of the pork barrel Bridge to Nowhere, and her husband part of a group that wishes to succeed from the US.
She's asked librarians how to go about banning books. She is COMPLETELY pro-life.
Also, didn't some Republican say that she has foreign experience because Alaska *almost* touches Russia? WTF?

"Lucifer was an idiot, it wound up lord and master of nothing at all."
TheBloodEternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:19 AM   #12
CptSternn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBloodEternity
Also, didn't some Republican say that she has foreign experience because Alaska *almost* touches Russia? WTF?
Yeah, that clip made it on MSNBC and The Daily Show.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:22 AM   #13
Aaroneet

That Republican was Cindy McCain; she said that in an interview.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:22 AM   #14
CptSternn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMac
I think McCain made an awesome choice and as the days pass by, it just gets awesomer. I wonder if the NRA does Honor Guard at shotgun weddings.
Did you see them at the convention? They paraded yer man out in a suit and tried to make it like he was royalty.

I bet he was thinking, 'of all the under-age teens I had to knock up...'

At the end of the day you have under age teens getting knocked up by their boyfriend and the right wing conservatives trying to sugar coat it like they support it. Its disgusting actually. Not the teen pregnancy, thats life these days - the fact these people who rally against such behaviour have acted like its no big deal when its one of their own while at the same time preaching it is wrong and are passing laws to punish such behaviour when others do the same thing.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:02 AM   #15
JCC

She's a fucking failure. She's socially conservative and wants to take away the freedoms of the people so that we can have an ordered and moral society, but she can't even stop her own daughter from not taking some cock and can't tell her how to use a condom properly. Her daughter is a fucking criminal, in clear violation of the law, and apparently nobody cares because this is a politician's daughter, it's merely admirable that she's keeping it and getting married. Ridiculous.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 05:45 PM   #16
Splintered

I was listening to the radio, and I loved this comment.

Paraphrased:

"When Jamie Lynn Spears announced that she was pregnant, and planned on keeping the baby, Social Conservatives were up in arms. "How could these horrible parents let their daughters have premarital sex?" and, "How could these horrible parents let their teens get pregnant?", they said. Now that Vice President Nominee Palin has announced that her daughter is pregnant, Social Conservatives are applauding her as a bastion of morality for keeping the baby, and forcing a marriage."
Old 09-04-2008, 05:50 PM   #17
raggedyanne

Quote:
She wants to teach creationism-only and abstinence-only. She's been accused of using her office to try and get someone fired. She lied about her support of the pork barrel Bridge to Nowhere, and her husband part of a group that wishes to succeed from the US.
She's asked librarians how to go about banning books. She is COMPLETELY pro-life.
Not to mention she's an ex-beauty queen.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...nt-Barbie.html
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 05:52 PM   #18
TheBloodEternity

I don't like politicians in general, especially the ones involved this election year, but she really is a joke and a failure.

Also, it pisses me the fuck off that McCain assumes he can get the Hillary voters just by the sole fact that Palin has ovaries.

Old 09-04-2008, 05:58 PM   #19
raggedyanne

That's the only reason he picked her. If I could vote, I've vote Obama, if only because he seems to be the lesser of two evils and his wife would chop off his balls if he took away abortion rights.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:05 PM   #20
TheBloodEternity

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedyanne
That's the only reason he picked her. If I could vote, I've vote Obama, if only because he seems to be the lesser of two evils and his wife would chop off his balls if he took away abortion rights.
Cthulhu for president! Why vote for a lesser evil?

Old 09-04-2008, 07:29 PM   #21
Wednesday Friday Addams

Quote:
Cthulhu for president! Why vote for a lesser evil?
I would vote for him.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:30 PM   #22
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
I don't like politicians in general, especially the ones involved this election year, but she really is a joke and a failure.

Also, it pisses me the fuck off that McCain assumes he can get the Hillary voters just by the sole fact that Palin has ovaries.
It should piss you off more that it's going to work.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 09:33 PM   #23
TheBloodEternity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
It should piss you off more that it's going to work.
Sadly... it probably will.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:53 PM   #24
Sephiroth Kali

Quote:
She's a fucking failure. She's socially conservative and wants to take away the freedoms of the people so that we can have an ordered and moral society, but she can't even stop her own daughter from not taking some cock and can't tell her how to use a condom properly.
Can anyone stop his/her kid from doing that? How do you know what she teaches her kid in her house? Its called free choice, he daughter has it. And I don't hold it against her that the boy had the balls to stand up to his responsibilities.
Sephiroth Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 09:55 PM   #25
TheBloodEternity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth Kali
Can anyone stop his/her kid from doing that? How do you know what she teaches her kid in her house? Its called free choice, he daughter has it. And I don't hold it against her that the boy had the balls to stand up to his responsibilities.
No, they can't, but she didn't teach her kid about birth control. If she preaches abstinence and no birth control but tells her daughter another thing, then she's a bigger hypocrite than first assumed.