Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 01-03-2012, 07:07 PM   #1
Pineapple_Juice

Need someone in SoCal to adopt this dog

It's my friend's dog, he's a lab-sharpei mix and he's real sweet with people but he's not good with other animals. She got him when he was just a pup and I lived with her while he grew up. She can't keep him anymore and I'm mega-stressed about what's going to happen to him.

His name is Ares and he's gonna be 4 this February. He's roughly 75 lbs (he's a little bit fat) and he stands about 2 to 2.5 ft. tall.

http://koknbawlz.tumblr.com/post/152...me-in-southern

That's a link to my Tumblr page, it's got a couple of pictures of him on there.

If you can't take him that's cool, but if you live in the so-cal area could some of you put the word out? He's my friend's dog, but he feels like mine too and I'm crazy worried.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:32 PM   #2
Solumina

Awww he is adorable, unfortunately I'm clear across the country so taking him isn't really an option, but with a face like that I'm sure he'll find a home quickly.

How long do you have before he needs to be placed with someone?
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:54 PM   #3
Pineapple_Juice

ASAP. She had to take in her old toy poodle from her mother who's got some serious health problems and from what I hear Ares got her pretty good. They have to be in separate rooms at all times right now. Plus honestly I'm glad to see him in a better place than where he's at because it's not the best living conditions.

My friend has a history of dumping dogs off on the side of the road in the desert so I'm pretty panicked.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:14 PM   #4
Solumina

Is there anyone who could take him temporarily? A lot of shelters can help you place dogs even if you don't surrender them (essentially you foster your own pet). The hardest part of finding a new home for a pet is making sure the home they are going to is a good one, which is why I suggest talking to a shelter as they have experience with that sort of thing.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 01-03-2012, 08:19 PM   #5
Pineapple_Juice

I didn't know that. I'll check the shelters around their area. Thank you.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:26 PM   #6
Solumina

You're welcome. Not all shelters do it but I know my local SPCA does so if you have one then they would be a good place to start.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 01-04-2012, 02:25 AM   #7
CuckooTuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple_Juice View Post
My friend has a history of dumping dogs off on the side of the road in the desert so I'm pretty panicked.
... Wait, what?

Your friend has a history of dumping dogs off on the side of the road in the desert?

Be a doll and smack her round the face for me. Then the other way, with the back of your hand. Be sure to flick the wrist both ways to maximise the sting.
"Friends are allowed to make mistakes. The enemy is not allowed to make mistakes because his whole existence is a mistake, and we suffer from it. But the women's liberation front and gay liberation front are our friends, they are our potential allies, and we need as many allies as possible.” - Huey Newton
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:27 AM   #8
Apathy's_Child

Yeah... that's seriously messed up. I fucking hate people who pull shit like that.

I'd take the poor little guy if I could, but I'm literally RIGHT across the fucking continent. Let us know how things turn out for him. I hope you can find someone to take him in.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:33 PM   #9
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Already have two border collie mixes and a cat.
Sorry.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:06 PM   #10
Pineapple_Juice

yeah when I found out shed done that we were in her car going back to her house after lunch. Hr and her boyfriend thought it was a real scream. Mind you, it's summer in arizona. She said "I'm not sorry for what I did" and her bf said "there's a difference between doing that to a good dog and doing it to a bad dog".

They couldn't understan why I was angry. I had them drop me off on the side of the rod nd spent three days looking for the damn dog but I never found her.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:11 PM   #11
Pineapple_Juice

They've got awful animal hoarding problems. at any given time they've got around 12 cats and 3 dogs in a tiny apartment full of roaches and thir animal piss and shit on the floor and they don't clean it up.

I've talked about them before-once I went o her house for her birthday and their were oaches crawling all over the sink and she was just doing dishes easy as pie and setting them in the drainer where the roaches swarmed. They sat a cake down on the counter and oaches were crawling in and out of it and they were eating it, and then they put it on the fridge with the bugs inside.

The smell is so horrid you have to wash your clothes twice to get the stink out after hanging around for about 30 minutes. One of our mutual friends lived with them and every time she cleaned they would get mad and tell her that they were allergic to ammonia. So the cleaning chemicals were hurting her but the cat piss all over everything is okay. They actually sat my friend down for an intervention to say that they worried about her obsessive cleaning.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:18 PM   #12
Solumina

It doesn't sound like they can provide a safe environment for themselves, let alone those animals. If your friends are renting their place then their roommate or you need to make the landlord aware of the conditions of their place, if not then it may be time to call the animal protective services. On the first visit the animals will not be taken away but having an intervention by the authorities may be the wake up call that they need.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 01-07-2012, 04:40 AM   #13
CuckooTuli

Yeah... sounds like it's time to involve animal protection services, for sure. Frankly they sound like horrible human beings, and obviously have a history of being both irresponsible and downright cruel towards their defenceless dependents.

Super fucking classy. I hope they both get dysentary.
"Friends are allowed to make mistakes. The enemy is not allowed to make mistakes because his whole existence is a mistake, and we suffer from it. But the women's liberation front and gay liberation front are our friends, they are our potential allies, and we need as many allies as possible.” - Huey Newton
Old 01-07-2012, 09:51 AM   #14
Pineapple_Juice

I've been wrestling with calling them or not for quite a while. I don't reall care if they get in trouble but I just don't want the animals put down. Their neck of the woods isn't exactly progressive or animal loving.

The landlord does know about them, they've been in multiple apartments throughout the complex but he likes them because they're in a terrible poor neighborhood with daily theft and gang violence and they're the only ones who pay their rent on time. Her car's been broken into about seven times in the parking lot, one time only to steal her makeup box and a pack of cigarettes.

They're moving to a new complex and I'm hoping it will be the bigger and maybe they will make a change with their behavior but I'm doubtful. At least Ares has a chance to get away, if he's not gased in a kennel frst.
Old 01-08-2012, 05:20 AM   #15
CuckooTuli

Yeah; that's understandable.

Did you post him on some websites for people loking for pets to adopt? There must be people in the area looking for animals to adopt - you might get lucky that way. I hope you find a home for him. He's hella cute.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:08 PM   #16
Pineapple_Juice

I put a few up, I Just want to make sure he goes to a good home where they'll treat him right and keep him forever. Thank you.