Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 06-23-2008, 08:44 PM   #1
Godslayer Jillian

Diamanda Galįs

Ain't no grave can hold her body down.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 09:16 PM   #2
KontanKarite

Woah, shit. That's crazy.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:24 AM   #3
vx cheerleader 69

Is that the only fucking messages about Diamanda Galas ??????

hey, no diamanda galas topic yet ??????

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diamanda_Galąs

and here's my own little review of...

Diamanda Galas – Saint Of The Pit & The Divine Punishment

If you’ve never heard of Diamanda Galas – and, of course, if you’ve never actually heard Diamanda Galas – this record might not be the easiest way to enter her universe. Diamanda’s voice and texts are a total assault on senses and soul ; the themes she tackles have nothing to do with teenage goth angst. Aids, death – the death of her brother -, impurity : Diamanda Galas explores the darker corners of western culture and pushes the audience to the limits. Call her a diva, call her a witch, call her a monster ; you’re still far from reality. “Saint Of The Pit & Divine Punishment” is an amazing double album (and the second part of the “Red Death Trilogy”), inspired by biblical texts and French “decadent” poetry ; you won’t find here anything like a “song”, only hallucinatory vocal soundscapes that have NOTHING to do with ambient music. Actually, the absence of rhythm makes it even more aggressive… But still, listening to this record is more than just an ‘experience” (which is IMO the case of some Diamanda Galas albums like Vena Cava or Schrei X), because of its dramatic qualities ; there’s something of the greek tragedy here, bleak, ominous ; a greek tragedy in which the desperate vocalist stands at the same time as character and choir, leading us thru the bloody patterns of vengeance and despair entwined. This is not music for the meek… Some will say this is a nightmare for the ears ; yes, it is, a nightmare of the most intense kind.
vx cheerleader 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:40 PM   #4
erotomaniac87

Diamanda Galįs is the shit. I instantly fell in love with her the first time I heard her. I don't even remember how I came across her music, though.