Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 06-08-2008, 02:53 PM   #26
Bete Noire

Welcome. I'm going to go with the trend and comment on your excellent music taste. Tom Waits is indeed brilliant. As are the others, though I don't listen to them quite as much.

On another note the recycling thing amused me greatly.
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 04:27 PM   #27
Lolly PopMuzik

I smell win here!
Old 06-09-2008, 08:47 AM   #28
Disaffected Shoelaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bete Noire
On another note the recycling thing amused me greatly.
Well, waste is a sin.

Thanks to all who've replied. Lots of TW fans, excellent!
Disaffected Shoelaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 12:18 PM   #29
DarkenedReveries

Welcome! I also applaud you on liking Tom Waits. A musical genius, he is. And Mulholland Drive is one of my favorite films of all time. Have you viewed any other films directed by David Lynch?
DarkenedReveries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 12:28 PM   #30
Disaffected Shoelaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkenedReveries
Welcome! I also applaud you on liking Tom Waits. A musical genius, he is. And Mulholland Drive is one of my favorite films of all time. Have you viewed any other films directed by David Lynch?
No, but I would love to. Any particular recommendations?
Old 06-11-2008, 08:24 AM   #31
DarkenedReveries

My personal favorite would be Eraserhead, it was my first David Lynch film and it astounded me. Inland Empire is the only movie that has ever truly terrified me, and Blue Velvet is one of his most mainstream surreal films but it is beautifully done. I also recommend Lost Highway. I hope you get to see them all sometime, they're all amazing in their own way.
DarkenedReveries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 03:19 AM   #32
Apathy's_Child

1. Don't be scared of drugs. The government WILL lie to your face about the dangers, so if you're looking to know more, talk to people who've actually used them and can tell you what's safe and what's best avoided.
2. I hope you're female, because I fully intend to marry you. No worries if you're a dude - we'll make it work.
3. Welcome and please stay.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 04:19 AM   #33
Disaffected Shoelaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathy's_Child
1. Don't be scared of drugs. The government WILL lie to your face about the dangers, so if you're looking to know more, talk to people who've actually used them and can tell you what's safe and what's best avoided.
2. I hope you're female, because I fully intend to marry you. No worries if you're a dude - we'll make it work.
3. Welcome and please stay.
What's safe then? I would love to try quite a few of them, but it's just my shitting luck that I'll end up being one of those people who take coke once and die on the spot.

Thanks for the welcome, by the way. And the marriage proposal - yep, I'm a girl. (Though it seemed like more of an order than a proposal... )
Old 06-15-2008, 11:42 AM   #34
Apathy's_Child

Weed is safe, as you know. MDMA and speed are probably the best starters. If you want to try LSD, it's amazing and you should probably do it while you're still young and optimistic.

To be honest, most drugs are safe as long as you don't overdo it. If you take a little something and it doesn't kick in, don't get overexcited and dose up again. (Although MDMA or speed, contrary to popular belief, won't kill you if you overdose - you'll just have one helluva comedown the next day.) TBH there are far, far better drugs than cocaine, but if you really want to try it, 2 small lines should fix you for the night. You could probably take more, but if you're concerned it's best not to take amounts that will get you paranoid.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 11:49 AM   #35
JCC

You're a girl?

Awesome!
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 12:38 PM   #36
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathy's_Child
Weed is safe, as you know. MDMA and speed are probably the best starters. If you want to try LSD, it's amazing and you should probably do it while you're still young and optimistic.

To be honest, most drugs are safe as long as you don't overdo it. If you take a little something and it doesn't kick in, don't get overexcited and dose up again. (Although MDMA or speed, contrary to popular belief, won't kill you if you overdose - you'll just have one helluva comedown the next day.) TBH there are far, far better drugs than cocaine, but if you really want to try it, 2 small lines should fix you for the night. You could probably take more, but if you're concerned it's best not to take amounts that will get you paranoid.
Although I admit the American government does maintain some totally unjustifiable positions in regard to the dangers of drugs, I don't feel psychoactive substances should be regarded as totally harmless. While I'm sure, as I can't cite any sources, that this post is going to provoke the ire of gnettians who will not only chastise me for my closed-mindedness but also post links to erowid.com or some shit that establishes popping tabs of E like M&Ms to be entirely safe, I have personally witnessed LSD abuse to have had lasting, negative repercussions on an individual's mind and ability to function socially, and am sure I am not the only one who will say so. Most such drugs do indeed have no addictive chemical component, but to become psychologically dependent on their effects is entirely possible, and indeed easy if one is not duly cautious in making use of them.
Personally, I feel that to encourage anyone to use cocaine, even once, is profoundly irresponsible-- that drug ruins people, and death after a single use is a slim but extant possibility. Feel free to disregard this sentiment, however, as I admit it's a somewhat biased one.
For the most part, what Apathy's Child said is true. In all likelihood, your drug experience will be pleasant and you'll emerge completely unscathed. However, don't forget that a risk is always present.

In before "CARS ARE DANGEROUS TOO GOTHICUS".
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 01:08 PM   #37
JCC

A lot of the time when taking drugs your mindset beforehand affects the feeling of the drug.

For example, don't take LSD because you're pissed off. A bad trip can be terrifying.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 01:11 PM   #38
Disaffected Shoelaces

Thanks guys, I'll bear all that in mind. I don't think I'd want to try cocaine anyway, as from what I've heard it can be addictive. Anything addictive is no-go for me. I guess I'll have to do some research before I pick my poison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
You're a girl?

Awesome!
Yay vaginas!
Old 06-15-2008, 06:55 PM   #39
emeraldlonewoulf

Welcome.

question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
(shouts) WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??!!?
answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
Because some people are dicks. And not everyone else is gay.
emeraldlonewoulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 12:29 PM   #40
Pye

Hats off to the badgers!
Pye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 01:34 AM   #41
Zenit

I just plainly like you Welcome!

"Nutrizone can kiss my pale, decayed ass"
-Draconysius
Zenit is offline   Reply With Quote