Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 12-31-2011, 09:41 AM   #1
DL Winters

Perfect Date

We're known in the community (or even steriotyped) as being romantics. So I thought it be interesting to read what to you classifies as a "good" or interesting date. Could be a first date, or a meet, or an actual date you've had.

Use you imagination if need be.
DL Winters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 10:04 AM   #2
DL Winters

Here's mine...

I invite my lover (or potential lover) over for an evening of spooky fun involving reading, film, food, and to end with the rising of the morning son. At the set time of 4:30 pm she arrives dressed in pj's for the night with an overnight bag, and something to possibly wear later on. We hug, and I kiss her cheek, get her settled, and after small talk, we discuss music, and I began playing an agreeable artist as we begin making homemade pizaa. (cooking together is always fun, bonding, flirtation) We share stories of our past, dreams, discuss current events, maybe rifle through my collection of Asian horror and Argento-esque classics before deciding to cuddle on the couch to something while our pizza cools. We laugh, exchange some pokes and massages; Perhaps even exchanging a short kiss or two before all nitural light has left us. I suggest a night walk, and she dresses in whatever clothes she has brought, while I quickly prepare myself, grab some sort of sweetness (perhaps grapes, or a nectarine) and some Lovecraft, and we begin our walk. Stopping either by a local park or cemetary (park preferably. swings are fun.), or even dowtown here by the Riverfront, we pick a story each to read, perhaps getting carried away, holding each other and reading much more than our share. It is late, and we've become very comfortable, and the walk back to my place seems like a sort of extended long foreplay. We enter, and strip down to only what's necessary. Divulging in whatever is desired from then on until the morning, the sunrise either enjoyed, or missed. You leave as you came, the smiles are unavoidable, as are the tenderness of touch, and the kiss, and we plan to see each other later in the day.
DL Winters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:32 AM   #3
Timeless Rebellion

My perfect date is basically any date with my girlfriend :3
But if I were to chose something ENTIRELY without regards for money, I would take her to Italy or Paris for dinner at a fine restaurant. Of course after we pranked several other fine restaurants by walking in there and ordering the BigMac and fries.
Forget me not, and keep my memory.
Timeless Rebellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:18 AM   #4
Acharis

Eh. I don't really date, most of the guys who approach me are jerks or fairly... odd. Not in the lovably quirky way either.

But should I find someone decent I'd prefer the simple things... intelligent conversation over coffee, then a few lingering kisses on the way back ^_^
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:12 AM   #5
Dolly Glass

I live in Florida, US. I always wanted to go on a date in St. Augustine during the Nights of Lights. They string up white lights all over old town, have little art shows in the park, buggy rides go all over the,place and the Spanish bakeries are open late and serve all manners of fancy coffees, hot chocolates, and mulled ciders. The buggy drivers also tell the best ghost stories if you ask nicely. I think it would make a wonderful date or even an outing with friends.
Dolly Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:12 PM   #6
emeraldlonewoulf

The two best "dates" I can remember:
A night of conversation while drinking cheap wine and sitting on empty water barrels out in the desert, following a day of shooting.

The other one was about four hours of combining household substances, gasoline, etc. and making varieties of napalm, followed by standing around a fire in the backyard in a warm summer rain. (Yes, we managed to keep the fire going.).

I'm not the kind of girl that gets asked out in the traditional dating scene

question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
(shouts) WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??!!?
answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
Because some people are dicks. And not everyone else is gay.
emeraldlonewoulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:39 PM   #7
Aphra

Mine would be a picnic at a graveyard where my family is buried, going to an art exhibit, or just a plain candlelight dinner at home on a rainy night with classical music playing in the background.
Aphra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:34 AM   #8
areseanL

any kind of date with my partner....
areseanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:11 PM   #9
AshleyO

A date? Honestly, I really enjoy a nice mild day at the park with my sweetheart eating various fruits and chips with hummus.

Later, if we were particularly hungry, we'd hit up a Thai restaurant where we'd share a plate of Drunken noodles and an iced tea.

Afterwards, it's artisan beers and amazing sex while cuddling to some of our favorite shows.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:41 PM   #10
Solumina

I'd have to say April 25th. Because it's not too hot, not too cold, all you need is a light jacket.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:53 PM   #11
CyanideandRaspberryTea

@ Solumina: Genius

Perfect date? Depends on the dude. Seeings as I'm married, that would mean my husband I suppose The last date we went on...we got all dressed up and walked about two blocks to the movie theatre to watch a showing of The Artist (which by the way...go see it. Do it. Do it now) and shared a bucket of popcorn. I would've liked to extend it to a walk round the local cemetary and then possibly a few glasses of wine when we returned home followed by none of your business

On the other end of the spectrum...getting high on ganja whilst being naked watching the Ginger Snaps trilogy is always a winner xD
CyanideandRaspberryTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:56 AM   #12
MissCheyenne

I think the best date I ever went on was the one where we went to the cinema. We spent so long sat in the bar talking that we ended up watching a really rubbish film because it was the only one left showing by the time we realised how much timed had passed.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:01 AM   #13
Fruitbat

Hmmm.. Hard choice. Okay...

Curling up on a hospital bed with Mr Bat a day after he had his second hip replacement. I was exhausted and wasn't sleeping because he wasn't with me (coz i'm a romantic twit and that was years ago when I was still all "if he's not with me, then I'm not complete"), so I curled into his chest and slept there for about 20 minutes. Woke up with the imprint of the wire under the hospital bed on my side but I was determined not to move because I was with him, but eventually I rolled off the bed because I lost feeling in my leg.

God I suck as a romantic twat!

Second time: Travelling across the Hay plain. Parking the car in some remote parking area and watching the night sky- unobstructed by city lights on a friggin' freezing winter's night, with Mr Bat before we fell asleep in the car (completely uncomfortable but cheap way of sleeping). Amazed Mr Bat at my ability to sleep anywhere despite the discomfort levels. Received the reputation for being able to sleep through a cat 5 cyclone (which is untested).

Oh and Mr Bat tried the five star hotels, taking me to silver service restaurants just once, very early on in our relationship. Then he discovered that I prefer to grab a hot dog and sit by the ocean and just watch the night sky, totally decided I was the cheapest date ever and married me. *razz*

Oh and the best gregorian calendar date: Friday 13th - lucky days.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:20 PM   #14
Sinjob

Perfect date?
We enjoy the sun going down and have sex, laughing at each other the morning after.
Simple as that.
Sinjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:35 PM   #15
Haejin

Its so hard to just pick one day that beats the others cuz most weekends are pretty fun with the bf. We eat out, go to the movies, go thriftstore shopping... I enjoy em' all. One of the most notable days however is when he took me to the wax museum and ripleys believe it or not. I love shit like that. We made out on a dinosaurs tail.
Haejin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:02 PM   #16
Grausamkeit

My birthday!

Okay, it's curling up outside(privacy) with a fully charged phone and bluetooth. Smoking a decent cigar with a hot cup of coffee and talking for four or five hours that go by like minutes then telling each other that you have to go and still talking about nothing much for 30 more minutes. No cemeteries, no candle light, no roses or fancy dinners, just His voice and the moon and stars shining down.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote